English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
By Michael David Smith | Oct 29, 2016, 17:45 BST

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell made clear that bounties will not be tolerated when he cracked down on the Saints in 2012. So it will be interesting to see how the NFL reacts to an NFL employee urging a team putting a bounty on one of the NFL’s brightest young stars.

That’s what happened when NFL Network analyst Brian Baldinger appeared on 97.5 The Fanatic and said that on Sunday, the Eagles’ defense should be trying to injure Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott.

“This is the guy that that we’ve got to hurt,” Baldinger said of Elliott. “This is the guy that we’ve got to take out of the game. There’s got to be 10 guys that want to hurt him every single play. In fact, we may even put a little bounty on Ezekiel Elliott.”

Baldinger also echoed a favorite phrase of Greg Williams during the Saints bounty scandal.

“You want to cut off the head to kill the body, that’s the guy you’ve got to get to,” Baldinger said.

Baldinger accused Elliott of “arrogance” for the way he dressed at the NFL draft and said Elliott “bugs me.” And Baldinger said he’d like to see the Eagles’ defense take umbrage at Elliott, too.

“This is the guy you’ve got to take out. That’s the guy you’ve got to eliminate,” Baldinger said.

Baldinger was an NFL offensive lineman for 11 seasons with the Cowboys, Colts and Eagles. When Baldinger was playing in the 1980s and 1990s, those sentiments may have been commonplace. But in today’s NFL, those sentiments have no place.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It's just player talk. I remember deangelo hall talking to the media about targeting Romos ribs a few years ago. I can't act offended or all up in arms over this.

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
It's just player talk. I remember deangelo hall talking to the media about targeting Romos ribs a few years ago. I can't act offended or all up in arms over this.
He was obviously playing to the Eagles gallery. Still makes him a dick though.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Baldinger accused Elliott of “arrogance” for the way he dressed at the NFL draft and said Elliott “bugs me.”
He wouldn't "bug" you if he were in Philly though.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
The last time you little Iggle bitches got so upset over a Dallas running back, you paid him unnecessary millions to sign him away from us, and gave us a 4th round compensatory pick which we used to draft the REAL problem you should be worried about, Dak.

Thanks Philadelphia, you fucking morons! You gave Jerry his new franchise quarterback for the next 10 fucking years!

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
He can talk all the shit he wants. They still have to actually stop him and I have serious doubts they can.

Reaction score
LINK

NFL Network suspends Brian Baldinger for bounty comments on Ezekiel Elliott
Updated: November 2, 2016 — 4:41 PM EDT

The NFL Network has suspended analyst Brian Baldinger for 6 months after comments he made about Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott.
by Rob Tornoe, Staff Writer @RobTornoe

After the NFL cracked down on the Saints for offering bounties for hurting opposing players, the league made it clear it wouldn’t tolerate talk of intentionally hurting players.

Toward that end, the NFL Network has confirmed reports that it has suspended analyst Brian Baldinger for six months without pay for comments he made on 97.5 The Fanatic last Friday suggesting the Eagles should intentionally hurt Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott.

"This is the guy that we've got to hurt," Baldinger told host Anthony Gargano on Friday morning, more than two days before Sunday night’s Eagles-Cowboys game. "This is the guy that we've got to take out of the game. There's got to be 10 guys that want to hurt him every single play. In fact, we may even put a little bounty on Ezekiel Elliott. Let’s get to [backup] Alfred Morris."

The comments were widely criticized by multiple media outlets and former players, such as ex-linebacker London Fletcher, who said it was “reckless” for Baldinger, an NFL employee, to call for a player to be injured.

Baldinger appeared on Tuesday on The Fanatic to discuss the Eagles loss, and all indications are he will make his scheduled appearance on Mornings with Anthony Gargano Thursday during the show's weekly "Meat Locker" segment. Baldinger himself did not immediately respond to a request for comment

The former lineman played 11 seasons in the NFL. In addition to his time in Philadelphia, Baldinger spent time with the Cowboys, Bills and Colts. He has been an analyst for the NFL Network for six years and is a regular contributor on The Fanatic.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

LOL

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
It's good news for you guys. Bad news for us Brits. He was over here last Sunday working as an analyst for Sky Sports. So I guess this frees up some more time for him and his wonky finger to come back.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
It's good news for you guys. Bad news for us Brits. He was over here last Sunday working as an analyst for Sky Sports. So I guess this frees up some more time for him and his wonky finger to come back.

I was thinking Sky might stay away from him too because of Murdoch's large slice of the NFL pie, through both Sky, and Fox over here.
Then I remembered Rupert Murdoch doesn't give a fuck.

Top Bottom