Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
That's a great cover for The Sound of Silence.
The dude really brings the vocal power. And being a Tympanist myself, really love it that he had them front and center.

Knew that song all my life but never got its message until Disturbed did it right.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
The dude really brings the vocal power. And being a Tympanist myself, really love it that he had them front and center.

Knew that song all my life but never got its message until Disturbed did it right.
Dude's voice is incredible. I'm sure he has his heavy metal fans but his voice is perfect for a more classical rock sound. I watched both the official video and his performance on Conan and the latter (which you linked) is better. Like you, I'd heard that song 1000 times and I'm a Simon and Garfunkel fun but this guy just knocked it out of the park. Thanks for posting the video and it's the first time I've heard it.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Dude's voice is incredible. I'm sure he has his heavy metal fans but his voice is perfect for a more classical rock sound. I watched both the official video and his performance on Conan and the latter (which you linked) is better. Like you, I'd heard that song 1000 times and I'm a Simon and Garfunkel fun but this guy just knocked it out of the park. Thanks for posting the video and it's the first time I've heard it.
I have a SICK live version of "A Country Boy Can Survive" but can't find it. I will when I do.

Yeah, that Disturbed singer, like Gene Simmons is an Israeli by birth. And for this he built up anger in it as he went along. Message was totally lost in the original. It's like S&G were afraid to really sing it. Like they were afraid it might actually... Disturb... The sound of silence.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom
We've logged Hit Counter by Digits Visitors since 2018.
DISCLAIMER:
The company requires me to use a disclaimer:
The opinions expressed are solely those of authors on this forum and do not represent the views of the Company (Jackson's Food Stores)
Thank you.