Reaction score
This will blow over, and the show will be back on the air. What he said was crass not offensive.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
President Obama watches "Duck Dynasty"

http://blogs.cbn.com/beltwaybuzz/archive/2013/12/20/president-obama-watches-duck-dynasty.aspx

At the last White House Correspondents' Association Dinner I was walking towards the ballroom with my guests, Duck Dynasty's Willie and Korie Robertson, when a man dressed in a black suit approached them.
"I'm with the White House and I need you to come with me," he said. Willie and Korie obeyed and quickly disappeared, beard and all, into the crowd.

Some 45 minutes later the two reappeared at CBN's table grinning from ear to ear.

The man in the black suit had whisked them away to President Obama's private pre-dinner reception.

After waiting in line in front of Nicole Kidman and behind entertainer of the night, Conan O'Brien; Willie and Korie greeted President Obama.

"Wow, that's great!" I said. "What did you talk to him about?"

"He said he loves the show and watches it on Air Force One," Willie said.

"I know the Obama's are very particular about what they let their girls watch on TV so if our show is one they find acceptable, that's really great!" Korie said.

After the couple took their seats Korie replaced Willie's cufflinks with the pair he had just received from the commander in chief.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Well, let's be honest...isn't the entertainment industry run by people who racist and anti-gay conservative types would have a problem with?

I am just tired of this idiotic new moral compass that makes any stupid comment someone makes worthy of dumping them.

OMG that's RACIST!

OMG that's ANTI-GAY!

I IZ AOFFENDEDZDED!

Yeah, it's getting a little out of hand.

I think there needs to be a serious discussion about having a personal position and trying to force a personal position on to others.

Everyone is entitled to their own take on whatever topic. I don't have a problem with that, I can certainly disagree with whatever I feel like disagreeing with. The problem arises when people try to enforce their personal positions through policy.

Here's a hint. Don't ask an overtly proud member of a group who doesn't agree with homosexuality to make a comment on homosexuality if you don't want to hear his answer.

Cowboysrule122

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Fuck A&E Duck Dynasty don't need them to survive. They could easily switch networks as we'll. I have no problem with what Phil said. No big deal.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
True, but the group that has all the momentum on its side doesn't really have any incentive to have a discussion.

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
Phil has been this way for a long, long time. I have known about him for more than twenty years. I can promise that Phil or his family won't change the least bit. They don't need the TV show or A&E. I have alotta respect for him and his family. They are the same people off camera as they are on. By the way, I agree 100% with his views on gays. It is about time somebody in his position came out and said it. His comments on the race relations in the South was on the money as well.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I've known about him for 15 years. I've seen a few of his duck hunting videos. The guy does not miss.

One time they were sitting in the blind and all the sudden you see this deer trotting through the marsh directly in front of them and then it took off running. A guy that was with him pulled out a deer rifle (I guess they expected to see deer that morning) and shot it right in the neck while it was on the run. It did a backflip. It was amazing.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
[video=youtube;r89p2R7UKvs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r89p2R7UKvs[/video]

There it is.

Edit: Did a front flip

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
Good video. I guess I can relate to Phil so much because my family lives much like they do. It was how I was raised. Right Jon?

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
Cracker Barrel puts 'Duck Dynasty' products back on shelves after outcry

Tribune wire report

The Cracker Barrel restaurant chain, two days after removing “Duck Dynasty”-related products from its shelves, said Sunday it was putting them back – and apologized to fans of the reality series.

Cracker Barrel began yanking Duck Dynasty-related items from its stores on Friday in the wake of patriarch Phil Robertson’s inflammatory comments to GQ magazine about gays and blacks, saying it didn’t want to offend fans of the A&E hit reality series.

The move had just opposite effect, the company said on its Facebook page Sunday.

“You flat out told us we were wrong. We listened. Today, we are putting all our Duck Dynasty products back in our stores. And, we apologize for offending you.”

The controversy has been raging since the comments by Robertson, who has been suspended by A&E, came to light. On one side are Christian conservatives outraged at Robertson’s suspension for expressing his belief that homosexuality is a sin. On the other are people who say religion is no excuse for bigotry.

The Lebanon, Tenn.-based restaurant company initially removed certain products made by Duck Commander, the business run by the Robertson family of the A&E show, “which we were concerned might offend some of our guests.”

Here’s the entire post from Cracker Barrel:

“Dear Cracker Barrel Customer:

When we made the decision to remove and evaluate certain Duck Dynasty items, we offended many of our loyal customers. Our intent was to avoid offending, but that’s just what we’ve done.

You told us we made a mistake. And, you weren’t shy about it. You wrote, you called and you took to social media to express your thoughts and feelings. You flat out told us we were wrong.

We listened.

Today, we are putting all our Duck Dynasty products back in our stores.

And, we apologize for offending you.

We respect all individuals right to express their beliefs. We certainly did not mean to have anyone think different.

We sincerely hope you will continue to be part of our Cracker Barrel family.”

Cowboysrule122

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I'm glad their sponsers are backing them. He's entitled to his own beliefs.

One man, one woman. Yeah.

Top Bottom