theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
It was not a good game. It was a crap game. We had NO business throwing 37 times. Morris never sees the field? It seemed like we left our best game planning on the filmroom floor.

Yeah they abandoned the run which was working just fine for some reason.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Yeah they abandonded the run which was working just fine for some reason.
On our lone TD drive, it was quite obvious the Giants D is scared to death of Zeke. We took advantage of that only on that drive then seemed to forget it. When a defense fears a RB that much not only do you never take him out of the game, you give them more reasons to fear him. Like flare-outs.

Plus, every time they faked a handoff to Zeke that i saw, he went on to be not even covered and there were multiple dumpoffs missed - almost like they have been teaching Dak to look downfield, way too much. Take the fucking checkdowns!

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
One of the postgame shows last night was saying they looked at his college games and this was the first time Dak had played in below freezing temps. Closest he came at MSU was like a 37 degree day at Arkansas.

I did think he must be cold when he was throwing passes on the sideline with a jacket on.

But good thing is every playoff game will be at home.

Reaction score
I don't understand why Dez is getting so much hate. The fumble was bad, but receivers are solely dependent on good QB play and that surely didn't occur last night. Dak isn't a downfield throwing threat even when he's playing well.

Angrymesscan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Never underestimate the effect cold has on a quarterback's hands. Eli wasn't any too sharp either. This was a game where you really did need to just mash 'em up front and run the ball. We didn't see Morris at all, why? If you don't like giving Zeke too many carries, that's what Morris is for. He should have had 20 carries himself, added to Zeke's 24, and 17 pass attempts for Dak not 37.

It was the weather, stupid.

You know Garrett must be one of the worst coaches in History when even Dooms makes more sense than the game he calls...

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't understand why Dez is getting so much hate. The fumble was bad, but receivers are solely dependent on good QB play and that surely didn't occur last night. Dak isn't a downfield throwing threat even when he's playing well.

you're right. other than slipping and causing an INT, fumbling in crunch time and otherwise not getting open all night, he was fantastic. :rolleyes

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score

You wanna get paid the big bucks, you cant go MIA nearly as often as he does. He is no where near the class of Green, Brown or Jones.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

QB's are dependent on their receivers getting open. It goes both ways

What good is a receiver who can't get separation and get open? It's not like it happens once or twice a game

It happens every damn game. He becomes a non factor more than he actually impacts a game

I believe he is the second highest paid player on the team (behind Romo) and he just disappears for entire games, repeatedly, every season

Then when he does get targeted he bobbles the pass more often than not

Just like last night with the game on the line. He bobbled that catch, fumbles, and cost is the opportunity to tie the game

He is paid to be the big time go to clutch time receiver yet he very seldom performs like one and instead disappears for entire games at a time

That's why Dez gets the hate he does

Because it is well deserved!

Last edited:
Reaction score
There have been multiple times now that Dez has been open and Dak chose a safer "check down" option. And that's without all 22 film, so while I understand that Dez had a bad game, I'm not yet ready to trade him or say he's regressing. Especially with a coach who prides his career on wasting talent.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
The offense was in 3rd and long constantly last night. Also Dunbar who I consider a waste of a roster space was on the field far too often in 3rd and long. Dunbar must have photos of Jerry and a goat.

I have no idea why that piece of shit is ever in the game. There was a play late in the game Witten appeared to be extremely pissed. I could be wrong but it looked to me like he was saying "why the fuck is Zeke not out there".

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
Sub Freezing Weather, getting 5 yards a carry. Let's abandon the run and throw in swirling winds. /facepalm

I was SCREAMING at the TV why are we NOT running the ball, it was working!! Even when it wasn't working it was making their Defense take painful hits from the running back that would have paid dividends in the 4th quarter. The fact that Dunbar is even still on this team makes me want to vomit. They should have run the ball until the Giants defense was crying and then run the ball some more. Who passes almost 40 times in a 3 point game for 3 quarters? WHO? Sigh...

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Sub Freezing Weather, getting 5 yards a carry. Let's abandon the run and throw in swirling winds. /facepalm

I was SCREAMING at the TV why are we NOT running the ball, it was working!! Even when it wasn't working it was making their Defense take painful hits from the running back that would have paid dividends in the 4th quarter. The fact that Dunbar is even still on this team makes me want to vomit. They should have run the ball until the Giants defense was crying and then run the ball some more. Who passes almost 40 times in a 3 point game for 3 quarters? WHO? Sigh...

Expect to see more of this shit to come from here on. If he was going to go with a strategy of abandoning the run, it would have made more sense to have done it this coming week in Dallas, under more favorable conditions.

We all get it that the Cowboys lost because they passed too much/run not enough, but with Garrett... they lost because they didn't pass enough.

Top Bottom