yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Its a rerun but did anyone else watch this?

I enjoyed it, so many fascinating stories in all of sports in that era. Maybe it was simply because media wasn't as widespread as it it today but sports across the board seemed so much more compelling.

Everyone was so pissed off at Boz and I cant really see anything he did wrong, except being outspoken and flamboyant.

Everyone hated the Hurricanes for the same reason, I think they both made NCAA football more interesting, now its pretty damn boring.

The only thing I can see being pissed off about is his teammates being pissed about the book he wrote but I bet that was simply because he aired their dirty laundry.

I loved how he called out Elway before a game, got all the Denver fans worked up and then his company sold them 20,000 t-shirts hating on the Boz, brilliant!

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Yeah I saw it, it was well worth the time. Also reinforced whatta piece of dung Barry Switzer is.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Yeah I saw it, it was well worth the time. Also reinforced whatta piece of dung Barry Switzer is.

What did Boz do that was so bad??

That NCAA shirt?

Fuck the NCAA and all their stuffy mother fuckers.

The Miami Hurricane 30 for 30 pissed me off too, the Canes were kicking everyones ass (and I hated them for it) but I didn't give a shit whether they celebrated and wore fatigues, etc......it made it all more compelling

I listened to my buddies ex-wife, who went to Penn State, bitch and moan about Miami and how it was disrespectful to wear fatigues, they were thugs, etc, etc.and finally said what on earth are you so pissed off about?? Your team won the damn game, wasn't it sweeter after all the smack they talked?

She finally shut up

She went on and on about how upstanding Paterno is and how Penn St does things like they should be done, basically blathering endlessly about how their shit doesn't stink.

This was before Penn St took a fall, unfortunately they got a divorce and I never got to ask her how her fine, upstanding college was doing these days and whether fatigues weren't so bad compared to ass rape

Last edited:
Reaction score
Saw it. I like a few of these 30:30's.

I think bosworth was a little over the top with his remorse in the episode. I remember reading his book years ago and thinking he was full of shit. In the documentary he acts like he hated the idea of the book. No... you were an ass then. Now own it.

Another thing that struck me was how tiny his son was. Granted he was "only" 16 but he looked like a stingbean next to his dad. Which struck me because even as a teen Bos was bigger than most of his classmates.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Another thing that struck me was how tiny his son was. Granted he was "only" 16 but he looked like a stingbean next to his dad. Which struck me because even as a teen Bos was bigger than most of his classmates.
DNA test needed. Kid might be a product of some teammate, assistant coach, or some such.

Reaction score
Two other thoughts... What a bust by Seattle. Less than two years out of a first rounder.

Secondly, everyone mocks bosworth for that bo play. I'd say there isn't a LB in the league at the time that would've tackled Bo there. Bo e
was just a freak.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Saw it. Thought it was good.

I really like Switzer.
Yeah, I loved Barry. I can just see him barging into a high school cafeteria in a fur coat and bellowing, "Where's Boz? Where's the Boz?!?" Don't make characters like that anymore.

I thought it was funny how big a deal they made out of his hair, like that made him some huge rebel. Nowadays people would barely notice.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Yeah, I loved Barry. I can just see him barging into a high school cafeteria in a fur coat and bellowing, "Where's Boz? Where's the Boz?!?" Don't make characters like that anymore

:lol exactly.
He's always reminded me of Uncle Eddie from the Christmas Vacation movies.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I think bosworth was a little over the top with his remorse in the episode. I remember reading his book years ago and thinking he was full of shit. In the documentary he acts like he hated the idea of the book. No... you were an ass then. Now own it.

Thats what I was thinking, every time he sobbed up and apologized I was thinking what the hell are you apologizing about man?

Last edited:

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Two other thoughts... What a bust by Seattle. Less than two years out of a first rounder.

Secondly, everyone mocks bosworth for that bo play. I'd say there isn't a LB in the league at the time that would've tackled Bo there. Bo e
was just a freak.

No shit, most overrated play Ive ever watched. Most running backs running downhill are going to be able to force the linebacker backwards, especially if the LB doesn't hit him square and Boz didn't

Last edited:
Top Bottom