dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Will be interesting to see what Georgia QB Carson Beck decides to do after the season. He has more eligibility left and patiently waited his turn to lead the team. He is playing great and has NFL size and a bigtime NFL arm. He's kind of flown under the radar all year but long term, I think he actually might be the best QB prospect in this draft. If he stays in school he could definitely see his draft stock soar for 2025 and end up a top-5 (or higher) pick. If he comes out after this year I think he's a borderline 1st rd pick right now (obviously could rise) but that means a team that's pretty good right now could end up drafting him and getting a huge steal for the future.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
This has got to be one of the more amazing records that has yet to be broken. For one, Ditka did this in 14 games. The other piece is even more ludicrous, he got 1076 yards in 1961.

Thats 60+ years ago and the game has evolved from a run the ball 65% of the time to pass the ball 65% or more of the time, and all the rules favor the passing game. Tons of amazing prospects have come int the league and none of them has beaten this record yet. It's almost unbelievable.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Well it’s that time of year again

We know we are going to lose in the second round of the playoffs (if we even make it past the first round)

All it will take is a team determined to run the ball on us. Plus we still haven’t made any improvements whatsoever to compete with the Niners if we do face them again. Which to make it to the SB would most likely have to happen.

So I’ve already accepted our loss in the playoff and I’m looking forward to next year.

Here is my wish list for the draft

Round 1
I want the best LT available or LG if he’s more dominant so we can push Tyler Smith out to tackle. Although I think he’s a better guard and I’d like to keep him there if possible. We need to replace Tyron Smith. We have needed to for years. Even when we rest him and keep him out of practice he still gets hurt. No matter how we try to help him he still gets hurt. We can’t count on him anymore and haven’t been able to for years. It’s time to put him out to pasture and finally find his replacement.

Round 2
Another big fat greezy trash can full of dirt interior D lineman to help stop the run. I know we got Mazzi last year but he hasn’t panned out as we’d hoped he would. He may make huge strides next off season, but we can’t count on that happening. We thought he was going to be the answer in the run game. He hasn’t been. Keep taking shots to shore up our run defense until you get it right.

Round 3
LB - I know Overshown is coming back but he’s coming off injury. He looked great in the off season before getting hurt. But we just never know how a player will respond coming off injury. Look at Gallop. He’s never been the same. Plus LVE’s career is over. We can’t count on an undersized converted safety to fill our LB needs. We need more help at this position.

Round 4
I want a big bruiser type back that can block. We need a short yardage bulldozer of a back for goal line short yardage situations. I had hoped they would fill that need with Hunter Luepke. But they seem reluctant to use him that way. Although he did get the chance last week. But I need to see much more of it for me to consider that role to be filled.

Round 5
TE/CB - Schoonmaker hasn’t panned out as I’d have hoped he would. Hopefully he makes a second year jump like many players do. Gilmore isn’t going to be around much longer if he is even still here next season. With Diggs coming off injury we won’t know how well he is going to be able to play.

Rounds 6 and 6
BPA

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I won't really get into this until our season is officially done, but Tyler Biadasz is a free agent and we probably won't be able to re-sign him. C is going to be a huge need next year.

LVE is likely to retire, the team will probably need a legit MLB. Damone Clark aint it.

CB could be a sneaky need. Diggs should be back for camp but as we have seen with recent ACL recoveries with Gallup and Steele, he may not be close to the same player. Jourdan Lewis is a free agent, Gilmore is also a free agent I believe. As bad as the safety spot is, I wonder if the knee injury might cause the Cowboy to think about Diggs at FS somewhere down the road. He has uncanny ball instincts and unlike our current crop of safeties, is tremendous at playing the ball in the air and understands angles. He also has sensational range (another huge differencitator)

No question RB will need to be addressed.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well it’s that time of year again

We know we are going to lose in the second round of the playoffs (if we even make it past the first round)

All it will take is a team determined to run the ball on us. Plus we still haven’t made any improvements whatsoever to compete with the Niners if we do face them again. Which to make it to the SB would most likely have to happen.

So I’ve already accepted our loss in the playoff and I’m looking forward to next year.

Here is my wish list for the draft

Round 1
I want the best LT available or LG if he’s more dominant so we can push Tyler Smith out to tackle. Although I think he’s a better guard and I’d like to keep him there if possible. We need to replace Tyron Smith. We have needed to for years. Even when we rest him and keep him out of practice he still gets hurt. No matter how we try to help him he still gets hurt. We can’t count on him anymore and haven’t been able to for years. It’s time to put him out to pasture and finally find his replacement.

Round 2
Another big fat greezy trash can full of dirt interior D lineman to help stop the run. I know we got Mazzi last year but he hasn’t panned out as we’d hoped he would. He may make huge strides next off season, but we can’t count on that happening. We thought he was going to be the answer in the run game. He hasn’t been. Keep taking shots to shore up our run defense until you get it right.

Round 3
LB - I know Overshown is coming back but he’s coming off injury. He looked great in the off season before getting hurt. But we just never know how a player will respond coming off injury. Look at Gallop. He’s never been the same. Plus LVE’s career is over. We can’t count on an undersized converted safety to fill our LB needs. We need more help at this position.

Round 4
I want a big bruiser type back that can block. We need a short yardage bulldozer of a back for goal line short yardage situations. I had hoped they would fill that need with Hunter Luepke. But they seem reluctant to use him that way. Although he did get the chance last week. But I need to see much more of it for me to consider that role to be filled.

Round 5
TE/CB - Schoonmaker hasn’t panned out as I’d have hoped he would. Hopefully he makes a second year jump like many players do. Gilmore isn’t going to be around much longer if he is even still here next season. With Diggs coming off injury we won’t know how well he is going to be able to play.

Rounds 6 and 6
BPA

Where's the QB in your draft wish list?

Top Bottom