Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Why wouldn't Lamb hold out? He's seen Jerry fold in the past with lesser talent. I know it's the business side of things but I'm so sick of players who have accomplished nothing holding out. Lamb won't be the driving factor in any SB run. Trade him. Trade the whole lot of them......and start from scratch.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Why wouldn't Lamb hold out? He's seen Jerry fold in the past with lesser talent. I know it's the business side of things but I'm so sick of players who have accomplished nothing holding out. Lamb won't be the driving factor in any SB run. Trade him. Trade the whole lot of them......and start from scratch.
Pay Lamb, he's a bigtime player and we don't have anyone on offense like him.

They've known this was coming all offseason and it doesnt appear they've made any effort to get a deal done. If he holds out it's the circus owners' fault and their fault alone.

I wouldnt pay Prescott and I would try to trade Parsons for a boatload of picks. Prescott isnt capable of winning (championships) and Parsons doesnt seem to have the attitude of winning. I'm also tired of seeing the huge sulk/suck face during games when things arnt going his way or the defense is getting abused.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Charles Hailey was just on the Hangin with the Boys podcast. He went on to say that nobody on the team currently has that Attitude and the grit that it takes to win it all

It was a great interview and very eye opening. It’s a great insight into the team from someone who works with this team and who personally knows what it takes to win a championship.

He basically called these guys soft and that no one on the team has what it takes to win.

It’s a great listen, highly recomend it

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Charles Hailey was just on the Hangin with the Boys podcast. He went on to say that nobody on the team currently has that Attitude and the grit that it takes to win it all

It was a great interview and very eye opening. It’s a great insight into the team from someone who works with this team and who personally knows what it takes to win a championship.

He basically called these guys soft and that no one on the team has what it takes to win.

It’s a great listen, highly recomend it
He isnt wrong, and it comes straight from the owners box

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
View attachment 13492

Lol. Jerry's not going to sit his $40 million quarterback. And Prescott could care less about stats. Post-seasons have proven that.
Stats are mainly what drives a player's bargaining power. They say, "Look, I came in 2nd in MVP voting, etc.". If Dak sits then he loses some negotiating power because then the GM of the other team says. "Yeah, but I haven't seen you do it in a year. How do I know you still got it on game day?"

So I'm not saying Dak wouldn't be highly paid on a new contract, but he'd lose some dollars, I think.

Bottom line is if I were running a team I'd never allow a player to have a no-trade clause. Even if that means I lose the player. Of course, I'd probably be a sucky GM, but that is how I'm built. I don't allow my students to run the class. I set the standard, not them. If they don't like it they can drop the course and take a different one. OI could care less.

That would be the attitude I'd have as a GM. No matter how it is done there are pros and cons, but I don't like this idea of being hamstrung by employees to a ridiculous point.

I'm all for labor rights, and people making more money, etc., but when it comes to athletes the numbers are so warped.

Maybe they need to get rid of the salary cap or come up with a rule that a team gets to have 2 franchise players. One on offense and one on defense. These contracts would not count toward the cap. IDK.

What I do know is that I miss the NFL as it was prior to free agency.

But I'm old now (60). I also can't stand CVT transmissions, hybrid cars, EVs, all these stupid apps, etc.

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Dude, you understand we'd still have to pay Prescott right? If they "suspend" him he doesn't get the year to accrue to free agency, and the league nor the NFLPA is never going to allow the Cowboys to "suspend" him without cause. They'll say if they don't want him to play they can bench him but they owe him the money.

Making him sit out the year doesn't impact his market for next year at all. If anything Prescott would prob welcome that because if he sits out, there's no chance of a major injury which WOULD hurt his market.

He has a no trade clause, which makes it more difficult to trade but it does not mean it's impossible. As long as he has a chance to get his new deal and it's a destination he's ok with (say, Raiders or Vikings) then they could potentially work out a trade. The biggest hurdle is figuring out how to make a trade work with the cap prior to June 1st (ie, in time to get draft picks this year)
I didn't write suspend. Suspension is different. I wrote sit. A team is under no obligation to play a player. He would still be on the team, not suspended. It's the same way that say Deuce Vaughan was on the team but didn't play.

I think Dak would then either agree to a contract that is more in line with what he really is as a QB (top 10 to 15) or agree to be traded. Maybe top 8.

Yes, Dak could also decide to earn 60 million and sit on the bench.

I don't know where you got suspended from.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I didn't write suspend. Suspension is different. I wrote sit. A team is under no obligation to play a player. He would still be on the team, not suspended. It's the same way that say Deuce Vaughan was on the team but didn't play.

I think Dak would then either agree to a contract that is more in line with what he really is as a QB (top 10 to 15) or agree to be traded. Maybe top 8.

Yes, Dak could also decide to earn 60 million and sit on the bench.

I don't know where you got suspended from.
Vaughn didn't play because he wasn't good enough. The two are not similar situations at all.

I added suspend because I assumed when you said "sit Prescott" you were thinking of some way of getting out of paying him.

Nobody is going to sit a player like that out of spite. "oh you wont accept our contract oir a trade so we will just take away your playing time"

I'm sure in that kind of fucked up scenario his agent would simply say just take their money and sit on the bench healthy, and we'll fuck up their cap and their team this year and then get paid mega dough next yr on the open market.

Mustang1

0le Ball Coach
Reaction score
Haley interview is spot on. The Dallas Cowboys organization is infected with an incurable virus of entitlement, softness, selfishness, lack of commitment, lack of real work ethic, lack of accountability, managerial ineptitude, and a lackadaisical attitude all created by JJ and Stephen. As long as JJ is owner we will not sniff a Super Bowl! Unfortunately This is reality. Charles Haley is right when he says this team has no dogs. This organization does not have the culture to “push the pedal down “ and really get serious about what it takes to win a Super Bowl. It all starts by looking in the mirror and JJ and Stephen ain’t gonna do that!

RogtaDru

Spectator
Reaction score
Vaughn didn't play because he wasn't good enough. The two are not similar situations at all.

I added suspend because I assumed when you said "sit Prescott" you were thinking of some way of getting out of paying him.

Nobody is going to sit a player like that out of spite. "oh you wont accept our contract oir a trade so we will just take away your playing time"

I'm sure in that kind of fucked up scenario his agent would simply say just take their money and sit on the bench healthy, and we'll fuck up their cap and their team this year and then get paid mega dough next yr on the open market.
Although I agree with your post the type scenario you described here that wouldnt happen did in fact happen with Payton and Wilson last year in Denver. Payton sat his ass and all that money that Russ had received. I believe it was reported that both performance AND not re-negotiating to a lower sum contract were the reasons given if I'm not mistaken. And on the surface his stats looked okay, but he was clearly in decline in Payton's eyes.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Although I agree with your post the type scenario you described here that wouldnt happen did in fact happen with Payton and Wilson last year in Denver. Payton sat his ass and all that money that Russ had received. I believe it was reported that both performance AND not re-negotiating to a lower sum contract were the reasons given if I'm not mistaken. And on the surface his stats looked okay, but he was clearly in decline in Payton's eyes.
There was more to it than that IIRC, there was some concern over some injury happening and his contract becoming even harder to get out of or something I thought.

But as much as we all want to bang on Prescott, Wilson is not as good a player as he is at this point in his career either.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The Cowboys are literally worth billions, most valuable sports franchise in the world. They also raised ticket prices (again). They literally have money out their ass.

Jerry says "all-in" after embarrassing playoff defeat to 9-8 Packer team that barely made the playoffs.

Then we see this.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Meanwhile, Jones' sit on their ass with Lamb, allowing price tag to go higher and higher and higher

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Meh. Lamb (a #1) was always gonna get way more than Smith (a #2) anyway.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Meh. Lamb (a #1) was always gonna get way more than Smith (a #2) anyway.
Of course, and he's a vastly better player and should be paid more.

My point was the Eagles paid a ton for that, now Lamb's number is going to be even higher than it was.

Top Bottom