English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Obviously his best days are long gone, but I'd rather they had brought him back instead of Edoga.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Obviously his best days are long gone, but I'd rather they had brought him back instead of Edoga.

He's washed up and has been for several seasons.

Edoga won't be on the roster here either by the end of preseason.

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
So I'm hearing fans say that we need a center and so we should take a center, which would presumably be Powers Jackson. I don't disagree with taking Powers-Jackson, but are people forgetting that Terrance Steele didn't exactly light the NFL on fire last year?

I don't think Hoffman played poorly. I'd like to trade down a tad (assuming we find a dance partner) and take Guyton and possibly follow that up with maybe Patrick Paul in round 2.

I don't have an opinion on Josh Ball or Waletzko

We could even try TJ Bass at center.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Like I said a lot of apologies I'd owe them from my end if this is what they are thinking and actually figured out a way to do it.

I'd offer apologies if they gave a team our first round pick for taking Dak. He needs to go......

Mustang1

0le Ball Coach
Reaction score
So I'm hearing fans say that we need a center and so we should take a center, which would presumably be Powers Jackson. I don't disagree with taking Powers-Jackson, but are people forgetting that Terrance Steele didn't exactly light the NFL on fire last year?

I don't think Hoffman played poorly. I'd like to trade down a tad (assuming we find a dance partner) and take Guyton and possibly follow that up with maybe Patrick Paul in round 2.

I don't have an opinion on Josh Ball or Waletzko

We could even try TJ Bass at center.
I have an opinion on Josh Ball and it’s not good. He should not be on the roster. He is terrible!

Mustang1

0le Ball Coach
Reaction score
Time for Dak to go. He has had his chance. Dont care if we don’t win any games next year. Time to move on regardless of wins or losses. I only want a QB who gives us a chance to win a superbowl and it ain’t Dak. Been 28 years I can wait a little longer. Oh and let not forget about Dr JJ who mercilessly clips the nuts of every coach he hires. That’s not a problem is it???????

Mustang1

0le Ball Coach
Reaction score
I sure hope JJ is smart enough to draft a quality offensive lineman with the first pick. Need linebackers and interior defensive linemen. Running back would be nice. Please stay away from Elliot. Good thing I’m not GM because Elliot would still be in Cabo and we wouldn’t be sucking wind on the salary cap.

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
As a Cowboys fan, I'd welcome a 2nd NFL team to the Metroplex!

Dallas doesn't pick well enough in drafts or trades, to even make it to a NFC Championship Game.

Dallas Cowboys last 10 1st Round Picks:

2023 - Mazi Smith | Pick 26
DT, Michigan

2022 -Tyler Smith | Pick 24
OT, Tulsa

2021 - Micah Parsons | Pick 12
LB, Penn State

2020 - CeeDee Lamb | Pick 17
WR, Oklahoma

2019 - The Cowboys traded the 27th pick to the Oakland Raiders

2018 - Leighton Vander Esch | Pick 19
OLB, Boise State

2017 - Taco Charlton | Pick 28
DE, Michigan

2016 - Ezekiel Elliott | Pick 4
RB, Ohio State

2015 - Byron Jones | Pick 27
CB, Connecticut

2014 - Zack Martin | Pick 16
G, Notre Dame

2013 - Travis Frederick | Pick 31
C, Wisconsin

Time for Dak to go. He has had his chance. Dont care if we don’t win any games next year. Time to move on regardless of wins or losses. I only want a QB who gives us a chance to win a superbowl and it ain’t Dak. Been 28 years I can wait a little longer. Oh and let not forget about Dr JJ who mercilessly clips the nuts of every coach he hires. That’s not a problem is it???????
Jerry doesn't have the balls, but I would sit Dak Prescott this year to force him to accept a trade. He can either agree to a trade or sit on the bench and lose a year of stats, get rusty, etc. Put in Trey Lance. I think Lance sucks, but prove me wrong.

The Saints might be a destination.

I want to send a message to Micah and all the rest that nobody is bigger than the team!

I think that is ONE problem with the culture. Jerry allows players to think they are "We the Boyz."

I think at least some fans will agree with me on this, after 30 years, what do we have to lose? Woohoo, we won 12 games 3 years in a row. Whoopie! Never mind that it is now a 17 game schedule.

if we were the worst team in the NFL 5 years in a row, at least we could all have some fun arguing about who the first pick in the draft should be. Heck, that's almost like winning something.

Hey, what is the trophy called for winning 12 games 3 years in a row?

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
So Mickey says that Dallas does not need to draft a QB because they did already with Lance.

This logic drives me insane!

If Lance truly gets high marks for what he has shown (not Jerry blowing smoke in public), then okay. BUT, even then, is Dallas going to resign Lance? We have 3 QBs who (as I'm typing this) could be free agents next year!

I get that it's hard to believe that Dak will leave. But he CAN! He cannot be franchise tagged. His agent might be whispering into his ear, wait until the season is over and see what another team offers.

Mickey's theory that if Lance performs well in pre-season, then Dallas can turn that 4th round pick into a 2nd by trading him ignores the fact that young QBs like Kenny Pickett, Mac Jones, Justin Fields, Sam Howell, etc could ALL also be trade possibilities, and all of them have done more in REAL GAMES than Lance.

So if I were a GM, I would much rather give up a 2nd for Kenny Pickett or Sam Howell, for example, than for Lance. I'm not giving up a 2nd for a player who might have played well in a preseason game (Dustin Vaughan anyone?) and has done little when the lights come on. I'd need to see it in at least a few games and how will that happen if Dak is starting?

Also, if Lance is traded, it doesn't remove the idea that both Dak and Rush could conceivably leave the team.

WTF am I missing here?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Jerry doesn't have the balls, but I would sit Dak Prescott this year to force him to accept a trade. He can either agree to a trade or sit on the bench and lose a year of stats, get rusty, etc. Put in Trey Lance. I think Lance sucks, but prove me wrong.
Dude, you understand we'd still have to pay Prescott right? If they "suspend" him he doesn't get the year to accrue to free agency, and the league nor the NFLPA is never going to allow the Cowboys to "suspend" him without cause. They'll say if they don't want him to play they can bench him but they owe him the money.

Making him sit out the year doesn't impact his market for next year at all. If anything Prescott would prob welcome that because if he sits out, there's no chance of a major injury which WOULD hurt his market.

He has a no trade clause, which makes it more difficult to trade but it does not mean it's impossible. As long as he has a chance to get his new deal and it's a destination he's ok with (say, Raiders or Vikings) then they could potentially work out a trade. The biggest hurdle is figuring out how to make a trade work with the cap prior to June 1st (ie, in time to get draft picks this year)

daboyz

👀
Reaction score
Screenshot_20240406_172305_X.jpg
Lol. Jerry's not going to sit his $40 million quarterback. And Prescott could care less about stats. Post-seasons have proven that.

touchdown

Defense Wins Championships
Reaction score

daboyz

👀
Reaction score
The way Parsons blabs all over social media since day one, I really believe he's all about himself! Great player, but his mouth is getting him in trouble. Another Terrell Owens?!

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The next Dallas Cowboy in the making

He virtually guaranteed himself getting picked by the Cowboys now

No way they'll draft this guy.

Will eat himself out of the league in 3 yrs. I never wanted him before the DUI, defintiely dont want him now regardless of when available.

Top Bottom