touchdown

Defense Wins Championships
Reaction score
Cowboys QB Dak Prescott filed a lawsuit today in Collin County, accusing a woman of making a false sexual-assault allegation in attempt to extort $100 million from him, his lawyer announced. According to the lawsuit, the incident is alleged to have occurred in early 2017. Statement from Levi McCarthern, his lawyer: Mr. Prescott — a new father to a baby girl — has great empathy for survivors of sexual assault. He fervently believes that all perpetrators of such crimes should be punished to the fullest extent of the law. To be clear, Mr. Prescott has never engaged in any nonconsensual, sexual conduct with anyone. Lies hurt. Especially, malicious lies. We will not allow the Defendant and her legal team to profit from this attempt to extort millions from Mr. Prescott.”

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
As an update to yesterday's news, the attorney for the woman accusing Prescott of rape says there will be a criminal investigation now. They also revealed Prescott has changed his story to police "numerous times" and only recently admitted the two had sex, but he claims it was consensual.

Well, now, finally, Trey Lance makes some sense. Perhaps Jerry had an idea of when the shit would hit the fan. I find it hard to believe, but Dak did go through his brother's suicide. Maybe the demons got the better of him. IDK.

Who knows, it might also explain some inconsistency in his game. It will be interesting to see where this goes. Jerry's penchant for shining a spotlight on Dallas means there is also going to be massive coverage of this.

It looks like Quin also got Bobby Wagner.

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I know I have been joking about "all in" but looking at some guys who have gotten cut there are still guys who can help and because part of the contract will be paid by another team then ..maybe. I'm looking at Mike Williams WR from the Chargers. Clearly a cap cut.

Or Erik Armstead. I think he was also a cap cut. So these types of players might be signed for less. However, the rumor seems to be that Armstead is heading to Buffalo.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Nearly 3 full days now, and still no free agent additions.

On the surface it's totally baffling and they deserve to be blasted for this, but IF this is because of them deciding to hit the reset button and they intend to finally move on from 4, then kudos to them.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Am honestly surprised he last here through his rookie deal. Has some ability but has been an underachiever.

Not surprised he is gone.

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score

On the surface it's totally baffling and they deserve to be blasted for this, but IF this is because of them deciding to hit the reset button and they intend to finally move on from 4, then kudos to them.
One problem with attracting a RB to sign with the Cowboys might be uncertainty on the OL. If I'm AJ Dillon, I'd be asking who is blocking? Let's see Tyron is gone, Biadasz is gone, Steele IDK...not looking great.

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score

Well, the Broncos moved on from Russell and ate 80 million in dead money, so maybe... But Jerry Jones is a master bullshit artist because he seems to sing Dak's praises, as does McCarthy.

And if so, what does that say about McCarthy and Zimmer's job next year? Would Jerry screw over a friend in Zimmer like that or McCarthy?

If I were in charge, I'd be saying things like, nobody's job is guaranteed. It's an open competition for every job every year.

touchdown

Defense Wins Championships
Reaction score
Well, now, finally, Trey Lance makes some sense. Perhaps Jerry had an idea of when the shit would hit the fan. I find it hard to believe, but Dak did go through his brother's suicide. Maybe the demons got the better of him. IDK.

Who knows, it might also explain some inconsistency in his game. It will be interesting to see where this goes. Jerry's penchant for shining a spotlight on Dallas means there is also going to be massive coverage of this.

It looks like Quin also got Bobby Wagner.

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Am honestly surprised he last here through his rookie deal. Has some ability but has been an underachiever.

Not surprised he is gone.

Perhaps, but htere ar only so many draft picks.

Yes, I'm reading an article on it now. Apparently it allegedly happened after his rookie year.

From here side, "When reached for comment, the woman’s attorney, Zehaie Bethel, said that Prescott is “a liar” and that he and his lawyers are “bullies” who are attempting to “play hardball and victim blame.” Bethel also said that Prescott “must be held accountable for his behavior.”"

Mustang1

0le Ball Coach
Reaction score

This looks more and more like a rebuild year. If that is the case then let Dak play out his contract and hit free agency. This in no way is “all in.” This organization will continue to flounder with JJ as owner and Dak at QB. I used to look forward to football season but it just keeps getting tougher.

Mustang1

0le Ball Coach
Reaction score
Miami just signed Gallimore
Another player gone. I know he was more of a backup but we need help. Really can’t blame players for leaving, especially if they truly have Super Bowl aspirations. Players are not enamored by the Dallas Cowboys like they were in the past.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
18cc0ab1f7821678b2f82ceccdf0ab4b.jpg

Top Bottom