dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I would like to see the Cowboys give TJ Bass reps at center, but Brock Hoffman might be ready.
Hoffman and Bass both played pretty well last yr in the reps they got. Both were superb against Washington in the season finale too, when they played the entire game. And our best rushing game last yr was against Arizona in week three, when 3 backup OL started and played the entire game.

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Prescott in trouble?

Calvin Watkins just dropped this on Twitter/X:

Well, that is one way to get Trey Lance to start.

I hope I don't offend any women on here or fathers with daughters, but SOME WOMEN DO LIE about rape.

I don't believe it. Dak has a good head on his shoulder and he has the money to pay any stripper in Dallas or any friend of a friend. Rape is an act of violence and Dak in no way has the demeanor of a person who can't control his behavior.

I'll believe it if proven in court and then I may not believe it either. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Well, that is one way to get Trey Lance to start.

I hope I don't offend any women on here or fathers with daughters, but SOME WOMEN DO LIE about rape.

I don't believe it. Dak has a good head on his shoulder and he has the money to pay any stripper in Dallas or any friend of a friend. Rape is an act of violence and Dak in no way has the demeanor of a person who can't control his behavior.

I'll believe it if proven in court and then I may not believe it either. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Oh no doubt, we've seen that play out over and over the last 15-20 yrs. It definitely happens.

I also agree, he doesn't seem like the type of person to do this sort of thing, but people said the same thing when he got a DWI before the NFL draft in 2016, and it cost him at least 1 or 2 rounds of draft slotting because of it.

It sounds like they have known about this for quite some time, I now wonder a little if this was some of the incentive to get the Lance deal done at the end of last preseason.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
More food for conspiracy thought.

Last year when Gregory backed out of the reported contract agreement he had with Dallas, his agent revealed he signed the exact same deal with Denver with one exception, Denver's deal did NOT include any personal conduct language. Gregeory and his agent didn't even realize apparently that his rookie deal included that language, and Spawn and agent later revealed that EVERY Cowboy player had that language in their current contracts EXCEPT FOR one guy.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
gonna keep telling myself this as everybody else signs impact free agents:

I actually agree with the Cowboys philosophy on not signing free agents to big bucks, like Beer mentioned, the fail rate is quit high

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Oh no doubt, we've seen that play out over and over the last 15-20 yrs. It definitely happens.

I also agree, he doesn't seem like the type of person to do this sort of thing, but people said the same thing when he got a DWI before the NFL draft in 2016, and it cost him at least 1 or 2 rounds of draft slotting because of it.

It sounds like they have known about this for quite some time, I now wonder a little if this was some of the incentive to get the Lance deal done at the end of last preseason.
We'll see. To me, a DWI while in college, in a college town, is bad, but it is not the worst thing in the world. It doesn't escalate to becoming a rapist.

When I was in College station there was a very popular Country dance hall called Hurricane Harry's. I remember hearing stories about how cops would wait to spot someone who looked drunk. As soon as the person started the car (it might have even been as soon as the person put the key in) boom, they would arrest the person, and bammo, it was a DWI.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Mahomes just restructured his deal to free up nearly 22 million in cap space. There are murmurs they might be getting ready to make an offer for Tyron Smith.

3 time super bowl winning QB makes contract adjustments to help win a 4th (and unprecedented 3rd in a row) but the meathead we have that flops miserably every postseason is hellbent on being the highest paid player in the league.

FUCK YOU 4

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
They are going to piledrive Meathead 4 into the ground this season.

Dude played for Zimmer almost all his career, we have a massive need at DE. We didnt even pick up the fucking phone.

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Gosselin had a post about this yesterday, I'm trying to find it.
Quinn poached Fowler too. It's not a huge loss, but all of these players need to be replaced. We might already have their replacements on the team, but then we need to replace the depth.

Now, while I agree on the idea that we shouldn't spend like drunken sailors, we also need to remember that the draft is a crapshoot.

Josh Jacobs going to the Packers sounds like a nice pick for them. How are we going to counter such a move considering we a thin at LB and our DTs have nothing to brag about.

Has Hankins signed?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
How are we going to counter such a move considering we a thin at LB and our DTs have nothing to brag about.

Has Hankins signed?
This is the most frustrating part of what we've done so far. We had an absolutely no brainer need for help at DT and LB. They've done nothing but sit there and watch most of the decent guys already get signed.

An no, so far we havent resigned Hankins.

Broaddus was on the radio today though and said inside the building, they want Mazi playing strictly 1T next yr and working to put back on all the weight Quinn had him dump. He does believe it was Quinn and DL coach who wanted Mazi to lose all the weight and somehow become a disruptive pass rusher.

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
WOW, Kirk Cousins, who is not an HOF, is playing this free agency game like a fiddle. If I'm reading Spotrac right, by the time his Atlanta contract is over, he will have made over 400 million in total NFL earnings, not to mention endorsement money.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
WOW, Kirk Cousins, who is not an HOF, is playing this free agency game like a fiddle. If I'm reading Spotrac right, by the time his Atlanta contract is over, he will have made over 400 million in total NFL earnings, not to mention endorsement money.

He has the fourth highest career earnings of all active QB’s

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
This is the most frustrating part of what we've done so far. We had an absolutely no brainer need for help at DT and LB. They've done nothing but sit there and watch most of the decent guys already get signed.

An no, so far we havent resigned Hankins.

Broaddus was on the radio today though and said inside the building, they want Mazi playing strictly 1T next yr and working to put back on all the weight Quinn had him dump. He does believe it was Quinn and DL coach who wanted Mazi to lose all the weight and somehow become a disruptive pass rusher.
Quinn knows a heck of a lot more than I do. He obviously saw something in Mazi and was wrong.

But from a common sense perspective, why draft a 1 tech in round 1 only to try to turn him into a 3 tech when you have NEVER seen the player play the 3, ever?

Now, I guess we all need to be hopeful that the strength and anchor they talked about with Mazi turns out to be real.

How did Bryan Breese do? I have no clue. I'm wondering because he went after Mazi and wouldn't he have been a better choice for a 3?

Top Bottom