icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
1-yr deal for smith, but i wouldnt do it if i was tyron and seeing all the money guys are getting

carl lawson would help the team

no idea who the other guys are

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Other than Tyron, that list is all JAGS and camp fodder guys. Lawson has had injury problems and didnt record a single sack last yr

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
All that matters to Parsons and some guys (Prescott too).

Parsons should be traded for a boatload of picks, but unfortunately now because of the supreme idiocy in Carolina we probably wont get it even if we tried. They settled for a 2 and 5 (separate drafts too) for Brian Burns. Burns is not as good as Parsons but he was on the franchise tag, and Carolina turned down two firsts and a second for him a yr or so ago.

I'd run the paperwork into the league office and do backflips for two firsts and a second for Parsons.

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I'm predicting for the RB position Jerry brings back Zeke, or saving that it'll be one of Antonio Gibson or a broken JK Dobbins.

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I see that Dan Quinn has done a bit of poaching. The Redskins signed Armstrong and Biadasz.
Purdy in all likelihood never sees the field unless Lance (and Garropolo too) got hurt. Many of you keep conveniently forgetting that.

Nobody has any idea how that would have played out had Lance stayed healthy.
We likely do know. Teams have practice. Practice is not simply to practice. Practice is also to evaluate the players. Players are constantly being evaluated. Based on what Lance showed on the field, the coaching staff likely would have been giving Purdy a keener look. At some point, Lance would have been yanked because he SUCKS. It just would have taken longer.

The Cowboys, for example, had an inkling that Tony Romo was better than Drew Bledsoe. Parcells just needed to wait for the right time. It took Romo some time, but he eventually broke through by, as Darren Woodson said, torching the defense in practice..

Coaches aren't idiots. They don't see a guy in practice make throws and reads, even with limited reps, and have no idea.

There is a significant discrepancy between how Lance played and how Purdy plays. That wouldn't have been kept a secret for years. Lance, while more athletic, and the type of QB Shanahan preferred, was showing difficulty reading the defense. Purdy excels at it.

In cases in which the QBs are close in ability and the starter is being paid handsomely, then you're right. But you're finding excuses in this case because you don't want to admit that the Trey Lance trade was not a good trade!

A 4th for Lance was far too much given what other QBs could have been available in free agency, given that Lance might have been available in free agency, and given that the Cowboys were apparently content with Rush as Dak's backup.

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
It's STRA-TEG-ERY! Jerry saying "we are all in" was to fool all the other teams into spending all their money early. Gotta hand it to the old man, he has them right where he wants them.

In all seriousness, Dallas does have limited money. Despite what others say about "they'll just figure it out," Jerry can't run the Cowboys like we run our nation (1 trillion in debt every month). There's a cap and Jerry does need to be mindful of it.

There are still good players out there and there will be more. Biadiasz and Armstrong, for example, are not great players. The Redskins likely overpaid for that talent. I don't think it will be hard for Jerry to replace those 2 for less than what the Redskins paid. The replacements might even already be on the team.

I would like to see the Cowboys give TJ Bass reps at center, but Brock Hoffman might be ready.

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Since Dooms ain’t chiming in, I’ll do it for him

“we Going to da Soup Bowl”
No kidding, we resigned Trent Sieg!!!! We can now rest easy that we won't lose a game because of a bad snap.

Top Bottom