Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
gotta imagine that this brings gilmore's price tag down a little, couple that with the fact he seems motivated to stay here

position flex, baby

The Ultimate Warrior: Best Wrestling Quotes, Insults & One-Liners in WWE
I wonder if La'el can find his game again or if he is finished. Maybe he can be a swing tackle.

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
We had a 4th rd pick, it's Trey Lance
You know my feelings on that trade. Perhaps Jerry will pay Lance his 5th year option, or maybe Lance likes it so much in Big D that he says he will extend the contract to be a backup beyond his fifth year option (since he won't give up that money).

Maybe Lance looks in the mirror and says to himself, "I suck, being a backup and making good money isn't a bad gig". I doubt either scenario will happen.

Let's see, possible 4th round QBs who have a shot and who can be on the team for 4 years. I'm not predicting any of these guys will be good or great. Only that they have a shot through hard work, maybe even growing an inch or two (these guys are so young that some do still grow).

Spencer Rattler (Might be worth a 3rd for a QB needy team)
Michael Pratt
Jordan Travis
Joe Milton
Austin Reed

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Dallas can get a pick or two for Gallup.

Watch, they will get a 6th (at best) for Gallup. Mac Jones is apparently being traded to the Jags for a 6th. We traded a 4th for Lance.

I don't know who is better between Lance and Jones. Lance is certainly more athletic, but Jones has played more actual NFL games.

Is Lance 2 rounds better than Jones?

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
No chance we get anything for him. There will be a dozen WR's in this year's draft just as talented as Gallup - and they'll be younger, cheaper and healthier. He'll get cut and become a free agent.
Giving up a 3rd round pick for Gallup is something Jerry Jones would do, so it's understandable how Cowboys fans might get excited that a stupid GM out there might do the same.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
You know my feelings on that trade. Perhaps Jerry will pay Lance his 5th year option, or maybe Lance likes it so much in Big D that he says he will extend the contract to be a backup beyond his fifth year option (since he won't give up that money).

Maybe Lance looks in the mirror and says to himself, "I suck, being a backup and making good money isn't a bad gig". I doubt either scenario will happen.

Let's see, possible 4th round QBs who have a shot and who can be on the team for 4 years. I'm not predicting any of these guys will be good or great. Only that they have a shot through hard work, maybe even growing an inch or two (these guys are so young that some do still grow).

Spencer Rattler (Might be worth a 3rd for a QB needy team)
Michael Pratt
Jordan Travis
Joe Milton
Austin Reed
Lance is infinitely more talented than these guys

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Dallas can get a pick or two for Gallup.

I think it's doubtful.

But by giving him and his agent a chance to find their own trade, they can also negotiate with the new team/s on a potential new contract, which might make him more attractive to someone. He was a good player before the ACL.

My guess is if we get anything, it'll be a 6th or 7th rd pick, and it might not be in the 2024 draft. Might be 2025.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
A poll without making a new thread poll. Make your guesses known here.

12EST starts the illegal tampering period. Who's the first big name (or fairly big name) QUALITY player that we'll be linked to publicly, and then ultimately make no effort to sign.

Top Bottom