dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Listening to these dudes on some podcast now. They are saying one of the reasons Jones refused to make a change is because he feared the new HC and staff might not be "pro Prescott" and some might even say they want to move on from him. They were citing how McCarthy went out of his way yesterday to say Prescott was "the answer" and had "full confidence in him" as just quoting Jerry-speak for further proof.

Last edited:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
nobody in the organization has the balls or ability to make this trade
Lack of foresight too.

Same thing with Parsons. Trading him for a mega deal is something that makes a lot of sense, but they'd never even remotely consider it.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Honestly I enjoyed watching Jimmy's Cowboys in 89 (1-15) and 90 (7-9) more than anything we've seen in years from this fucktard team.

They had almost no talent in 1989 and very limited talent across the roster in 1990, but they played their asses off. That 4 game win streak in 1990 was just super fun to watch after Landry's last several years.

This team doesnt have half the heart or competitive nature that those Jimmy teams did.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Honestly I enjoyed watching Jimmy's Cowboys in 89 (1-15) and 90 (7-9) more than anything we've seen in years from this fucktard team.

They had almost no talent in 1989 and very limited talent across the roster in 1990, but they played their asses off. That 4 game win streak in 1990 was just super fun to watch after Landry's last several years.

This team doesnt have half the heart or competitive nature that those Jimmy teams did.

it was, you could tell it was just a matter of time

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
nobody in the organization has the balls or ability to make this trade

especially considering the dumb ass GM let Dak put a no trade clause in his contract, just confounds me jeri gave up any and all leverage and flexibility

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Niners traded way too much to move up and get him, then made that decision worse by rushing a guy who clearly wasnt ready to play into the starting role. They should have let him sit and learn for 1-2 seasons.

Us trading a 4th for him was not a bad move at all.

There's plenty of candidates for "worst trade ever". This might be a candidate but I doubt it's the worst. Browns trade and subsequent contract for Deshaun Watson was horrible. Carolina's deal for the midget QB with no size or arm talent was horrible. What the Bears did to move up one spot for a bum like Mitch Trubisky was horrible. The Herschel Walker trade by the Vikes was horrible. That's just off the top of my head.
He did sit and learn for two seasons. He missed his first two seasons due to an injury. Regardless of how he sat, he still sat and he was supposed to be learning during that time

He has now sat a 3rd year in Dallas in, more or less, the same style of quarterbacking. That's 3 years of sitting and learning.

If he doesn't at the very least beat out Cooper Rush next year, can you agree with me that the trade was idiotic?

I've seen more out of Zach Wilson. I guess we should give up a 3 for him to be a backup. After all, the Jets should have let him sit for 3 years.

I recall when Troy was a rookie. He was struggling a bit (relatively speaking). He got hurt and Steve Walsh played 5 games. Troy spent that time "sitting and learning". When Troy started again, there was noticeable improvement.

That was only 5 games.

Lots of teams had Trey Lance rated high. If he was the player that teams thought he was then he has had more than enough time to have at least been a number 2 by now. He should have been able to walk in and immediately replace Rush.

The Niners should have been able to get at least one team to give ONE number one pick for a guy that teams had in their top 10, top 15, if not top 5.

It was reported that Dallas "was aggressive" and stepped up to the plate. I interpret that to mean Dallas was the only idiotic team willing to give anything up for Lance higher than a 6th.

Aidan O'Connell was sitting there in round 4. There will be a QB this year sitting there in round 4 who might be at least as shitty as Lance, but at least the Cowboys could have him for 4 years at 4th round money.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
When Dak gets his foolish, exorbitant extension, Lance will demand a trade. He needs reps and a real chance to start, and he won't get it in Dallas.

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
it was, you could tell it was just a matter of time
I really wanted to see McCarthy gone. What was written about the early Jimmy teams is true. We could see the potential and the fight.

This past year, the Cowboys simply folded at times. The Seattle game was close, but Seattle wasn't a playoff team. Yes, we beat Detroit, but not in a way that gave me confidence we'd beat them again. When you go 12-4 it can't all be bad, but I still say there was some luck in those 12 wins.

Heck, didn't the Cardinals whoop our ass with a backup QB they got rid of?

When Barry was coach and the Cowboys lost to the Niners, it turned out to be a great game and players and fans still had their heads up high after the game. We were very, very close to winning after some serious mistakes that gave an excellent Niners team the lead by what was it, 3 TDs.

The Niners weren't this year's Packers!

I'll catch shit for this one, but I don't recall Garrett's team just folding. Losing really badly to a team that the entire planet said we should beat.

I recall a game against the Bengals after that DL got into an accident and a player, or former player, was killed. Garrett rallied the team.

Maybe my memory is off, but I just don't remember a Garrett team losing to an inferior team, in a big important game, in such a humiliating and decisive manner. My recollection is that Garrett's teams always fought hard, even if they were clearly under-manned as they were when we started Matt Cassell and Brandon Weeden.

In my book, there was absolutely no justification for what happened against the Packers. We were relatively healthy! We had home field advantage! We had momentum coming off a Washington win.

I could accept a loss, but not like that. Not a beat down. Hey, the other team is getting paid too. So if we had lost on a last second FG or a couple of horrible calls, okay, shit happens.

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
When Dak gets his foolish, exorbitant extension, Lance will demand a trade. He needs reps and a real chance to start, and he won't get it in Dallas.
And we will get a future conditional 6th for him. But he could very well be cut.

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Every Cowboy fan should be royally pissed with the Jones' now.

She seems to have very good info that says Belichick, Vrabel and Harbaugh all had a high interest in coaching here, and Jones didnt even consider it.

He stuck with the guy who's fun to drink with and lets him play GM all day every day. The same owner/GM that said postseason success was the key to McCarthy sticking around and a little over a week later, totally reneged on that after his team got fucking trashed at home in embarrassing fashion by a 9-8 team.

I am in NO WAY SHAPE or form in agreement with keeping McCarthy! BUT, I don't know if Jerry said that. We need to be very careful with what reporters say. We do live in an age in which reporters make shit up because they know that nobody can prove otherwise.

Fake news is in sports too.

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score

Dak has a no trade clause and he wants to be in Dallas. Trading Dak will be hard.

As much as I don't like it, trading Micah Parsons is doable.

Side note: I still say the pick that year should have been Slater. And assuming the draft continued to fall as it did, we could have had Nick Bolton as a true LB.

Instead Jerry took Kelvin Joseph, who needed work. What is it with Jerry totally fucking up second round picks? Friggin even Asante Samuel Jr was available and we know that Samuel at least knew what he was doing on the football field due to his father.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
at this rate, trey lance will be exceptional in the 2:00 drill at finding receivers that will never ever run out of bounds

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
He did sit and learn for two seasons. He missed his first two seasons due to an injury. Regardless of how he sat, he still sat and he was supposed to be learning during that time

He has now sat a 3rd year in Dallas in, more or less, the same style of quarterbacking. That's 3 years of sitting and learning.

If he doesn't at the very least beat out Cooper Rush next year, can you agree with me that the trade was idiotic?

I've seen more out of Zach Wilson. I guess we should give up a 3 for him to be a backup. After all, the Jets should have let him sit for 3 years.

I recall when Troy was a rookie. He was struggling a bit (relatively speaking). He got hurt and Steve Walsh played 5 games. Troy spent that time "sitting and learning". When Troy started again, there was noticeable improvement.

That was only 5 games.

Lots of teams had Trey Lance rated high. If he was the player that teams thought he was then he has had more than enough time to have at least been a number 2 by now. He should have been able to walk in and immediately replace Rush.

The Niners should have been able to get at least one team to give ONE number one pick for a guy that teams had in their top 10, top 15, if not top 5.

It was reported that Dallas "was aggressive" and stepped up to the plate. I interpret that to mean Dallas was the only idiotic team willing to give anything up for Lance higher than a 6th.

Aidan O'Connell was sitting there in round 4. There will be a QB this year sitting there in round 4 who might be at least as shitty as Lance, but at least the Cowboys could have him for 4 years at 4th round money.
If he doesn't beat out Cooper Rush, then its concerning but still not a bad trade. They gambled a future 4th rd pick on a guy drafted in the top-5. That said, I highly doubt that happens. I suspect Rush will get cut (slight possibility he is traded) before camp ever begins, and maybe before the draft.

Then you say lots of teams had him rated high but should be at least a #2 by now. He was trade dhere and had no offseason or training camp in the offense. He had no chance to beat out Rush and was never intended to. He wasnt traded anywhere else so we don't know what his status would have looked like there, but we do know several teams were interested (Vikings, Bills, Ravens". Pretty safe to say had he been acquired by the Vikings, he'd have gotten on the field after Cousins got injured.

Nobody was going to give up a 1st rd pick for Lance and why would they? The Niners were not going to give him the starting job back and didn't want to have his salary or draft status sitting behind Purdy. Everybody knew they'd move him.

Maybe Lance won't develop into anything, I have no idea. I suspect he won't get the chance here either because the dumbass GM has blinders on when it comes to Prescott. I'm willing to wait and see him on the field before rushing to judgement though.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
micah says he has thoughts and then deletes tweet

He trashed out Skip Bayless and some other media people today to. He doesnt seem to handle criticism very well.

He's arguably our best player, but his lack of leadership skill and his absolutely terrible body language during games are a put off to me. He spends way too much time on social media and doing other podcast stuff.

He and Lamb are the two most impactful, tradable commodities we have. Both are due mega extensions, but I'd pick Lamb to extend and trade Parsons if I were running things, IF I could get what I want. To me it's a minimum of two 1st rd picks as a start to the discussion. If the Bears offered 1 and 9 (in the first) for him I'd have to strongly consider it.

Top Bottom