daboyz

📣 Cheerleader 🙆‍♂️
Reaction score
Yawn

Sucked ass the 2nd half of this year and was responsible for most embarrassing postseason playoff performance in team's history. Glad he is gone.
"2nd half"? The signs were there in the first half. Week 3 (Cards), 5 (49ers) & again in week 8 (Egals) when the defense couldn't stop the run. Quinn was exposed early in the season.

Quinn did play a vital role in turning around a Cowboys D that gave up 29.6 points per game in 2020. In the time that he was the Cowboys' DC, the D finished top 10 in points allowed, ranking fifth during the 2023 season. Go figure!

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I have zero interest with any of the remaining unwanted retreads that we have the unfortunate task to chose from

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score

Ed Werder is another dipshit!

The addition of Micah Parsons and Trevon Diggs, as well as players like Deron Bland, is what transformed the defence.

How much input do you think Dan Quinn had in those selections? Some, I'm sure, but let's not forget the more prominent role that Will McClay has in those elections.

Do you think that if Micah and Diggs were playing on, say, the Eagles, that they would suck?

There is a reason why every team tries to get the best players. It's because no matter how good the coach is, the coach can't do shit if the players are shit. Ask Belichick!

Now I'm not saying that Dan Quinn sucked. I'm saying stop it with the "he transformed". If Nolan had Parsons and Diggs, and Bland, and a Osi, and Hankins, etc then who knows what he would have done.

Players get old. A player can be good one year and suck the next. We have to look at the circumstances of why Mike Nolan's D was so bad. Were there a lot of injuries? I can't recall.

IMHO, fans give coaches way too much credit. Sometimes they are just there along for the ride. Like the Texans hit the jackpot with Stroud and their LB. To para[phase a line from Jerry "500 coaches could have done what DeMeco Ryans did". The previous HC wasn't bad. He just had no chance.

Now, if Stroud gets hurt and misses the season, see how good Ryan is. All coaches, including Quinn, are a byproduct of the talent because all coaches pretty much know the same shit.

The Redskins need to hit on a QB or Quinn might find himself unemployed in 3 years.

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I have zero interest with any of the remaining unwanted retreads that we have the unfortunate task to chose from
I think Zimmer is a good coach! Rivera is also solid, but he might not mesh in a back-up role. Rivera wasn't second fiddle for very long in his career whereas Zimmer spent a long time being second fiddle.

But, if I were Zimmer, I wouldn't take the job. I think Dallas is going to be a clusterfuck in 2024 and McCarthy will be gone.

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I reserve the right to change my mind about clusterfuck. It really depends on the offseason, but I am not optimistic.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I think Zimmer is a good coach! Rivera is also solid, but he might not mesh in a back-up role. Rivera wasn't second fiddle for very long in his career whereas Zimmer spent a long time being second fiddle.

But, if I were Zimmer, I wouldn't take the job. I think Dallas is going to be a clusterfuck in 2024 and McCarthy will be gone.
Not inspired by any of these candidates. They really should have shitcanned the entire staff.

Rivera hasnt been a DC in a long time. Doesn't mean he won't be capable but he hasnt proven he can do it, and his defenses in Washington were a fucking joke for the most part.

Zimmer is too old. Supposedly he really wants the job but the fact that I haven't seen a single other team interview either Rivera or Zimmer is pretty telling.

They really need someone with new ideas to take the reigns.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ed Werder is another dipshit!

The addition of Micah Parsons and Trevon Diggs, as well as players like Deron Bland, is what transformed the defence.

How much input do you think Dan Quinn had in those selections? Some, I'm sure, but let's not forget the more prominent role that Will McClay has in those elections.

Do you think that if Micah and Diggs were playing on, say, the Eagles, that they would suck?

There is a reason why every team tries to get the best players. It's because no matter how good the coach is, the coach can't do shit if the players are shit. Ask Belichick!

Now I'm not saying that Dan Quinn sucked. I'm saying stop it with the "he transformed". If Nolan had Parsons and Diggs, and Bland, and a Osi, and Hankins, etc then who knows what he would have done.

Players get old. A player can be good one year and suck the next. We have to look at the circumstances of why Mike Nolan's D was so bad. Were there a lot of injuries? I can't recall.

IMHO, fans give coaches way too much credit. Sometimes they are just there along for the ride. Like the Texans hit the jackpot with Stroud and their LB. To para[phase a line from Jerry "500 coaches could have done what DeMeco Ryans did". The previous HC wasn't bad. He just had no chance.

Now, if Stroud gets hurt and misses the season, see how good Ryan is. All coaches, including Quinn, are a byproduct of the talent because all coaches pretty much know the same shit.

The Redskins need to hit on a QB or Quinn might find himself unemployed in 3 years.
3 things i never thought i would witness in my life

1. cowboys winning a 6th super bowl
2. bigfoot
3. someone defending mike nolan

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
. If Nolan had Parsons and Diggs, and Bland, and a Osi, and Hankins, etc then who knows what he would have done.
Holy crap dude.

Might be the worst take I have ever seen here (which is saying something). Nolan was arguably the worst defensive coordinator in the league over the last 20 years or so. He was horrendous beyond belief.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
For a guy that nobody had really heard of, he's getting some decent interest around the league.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
He's also bashed the team plenty on that morning show. It will be uncomfortable for certain people if he gets the job.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
He's also bashed the team plenty on that morning show. It will be uncomfortable for certain people if he gets the job.
Yeah this seems puzzling to me, but he apparently interviewed and came close to getting the Broncos DC with Sean Payton so I guess he wants back into coaching.

Just not sure about all the time away. The other issue is his scheme is fairly complicated (by all accounts) and we have a bunch of dumbasses on this team, so not sure how soon they'd pick it up and play well in it.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i rather dig up the corpse of buddy ryan and run him up and down the sidelines like its weekend at bernie's than allow any of his kids back here

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
i rather dig up the corpse of buddy ryan and run him up and down the sidelines like its weekend at bernie's than allow any of his kids back here
I wonder which Cowboys coaching assistant he would beat up first

Top Bottom