dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
So again you drunken fucktard- if you acknowledge already that Prescott had better teams around him the past 8 seasons, why would you destroy the teams cap situation to marry yourself to the guy who couldnt get it done even ONCE, only now you are going to try to succeed with a far lesser team around said failure.

Its fucking batshit lunacy.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
They honestly didnt try. He got hurt twice after winning the starting job, and they caught lightning in a bottle with Purdy.

Maybe he won't amount to anything here either, but the kid is only 23 yrs old. He certainly has physical ability.

He is actually 1 day younger than Penix

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

And they also agreed to a pre-emptive mega extension with all-pro T Penei Sewell

Meanwhile in Dallas, Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum do nothing with necessary extensions for three guys they've known since last year they had to get done, and by failing to do anything with Prescott and Lamb they completely fucked themselves for the entire offseason because they dont have cap space to sign anybody of note at obvious positions of need. And while doing nothing here, the market price for all three continues to go up and up and up.

The non-Dak extension is fine by me if the intent is to be move on, but thats not what they are saying publicly.

Completely mismanaged front office and cap.

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Vaughn didn't play because he wasn't good enough. The two are not similar situations at all.

I added suspend because I assumed when you said "sit Prescott" you were thinking of some way of getting out of paying him.

Nobody is going to sit a player like that out of spite. "oh you wont accept our contract oir a trade so we will just take away your playing time"

I'm sure in that kind of fucked up scenario his agent would simply say just take their money and sit on the bench healthy, and we'll fuck up their cap and their team this year and then get paid mega dough next yr on the open market.
Like I wrote, Jerry won't do it. That is what I would do. I would not allow the player to run the show and that is what is happening with Dak.

I believe this is one reason why Jerry is so complimentary of Dak even though he is in negotiations. What happens if you go buy a car and you tell the salesman that no matter what you will walk out of that dealership with that car? Does the dealership charge you less?

Dak has Jerry over a barrel. He has all the leverage. So when I wrote that I was thinking about how I would turn the tables so that I have some leverage back. Right now, Jerry can't say or do anything to piss off Dak.

Unless Dak is resigned during the season, we can easily finish the season with Dak, Trey, and Cooper ALL being free agents.

Yet, I keep hearing what a great QB situation we have and how Trey Lance is our 4th round pick.

I would like for someone to tell me which draft pick we will be making this year with an eye toward having him for 1 year (I'm not counting last year)?

So if Trey has really developed then play him. Get him experience. Negotiate with his agent and sign him to a cheaper deal than you'd get with Dak. But what do you do with Dak's 60 million contract? Well, that's why playing Trey would incentive Dak to agree to a deal. Let the other team absorb at least some of that.

If not, then why is Trey here? Developing him for a trade? I think that is pie in the sky. We will be lucky to get a 6th for him if he never sees the field in a meaningful game

Top Bottom