icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
that D3 CB that dbair posted expect w/ added shitty quality video clips:

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
for what its worth LV coach josh mcdaniels really wanted lamar jackson when he was OC in NE

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
icup, don't be trying to censor any posts about our interest in RB's.

Meh Really GIF - Meh Really Whatever GIFs

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I don't know how deep into the West Coast playbook McCarthy wants to go. My understanding is they are going to keep a significant amount of what they have been doing.

But when I think of the original West Coast that came out of Cincy (yes Cincy), and made famous in San Fran, I think of a short, to intermediate, passing attack that also throws a lot to the RBs, and makes use of a FB as a weapon, not just a blocker.

With that in mind, could Stetson Bennett be a good pick as early as round 5? Could he succeed in the NFL if the playbook uses more of a West Coast should he need to play? He seems very capable of knowing what the defense is up to prior to the snap, which is a skill that Romo used quite effectively.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't know how deep into the West Coast playbook McCarthy wants to go. My understanding is they are going to keep a significant amount of what they have been doing.

But when I think of the original West Coast that came out of Cincy (yes Cincy), and made famous in San Fran, I think of a short, to intermediate, passing attack that also throws a lot to the RBs, and makes use of a FB as a weapon, not just a blocker.

With that in mind, could Stetson Bennett be a good pick as early as round 5? Could he succeed in the NFL if the playbook uses more of a West Coast should he need to play? He seems very capable of knowing what the defense is up to prior to the snap, which is a skill that Romo used quite effectively.
having a mobile QB as dak's primary backup makes a lot of sense, even tho rush has done a decent job when dak is hurt

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Bennett needs to grow up a little bit (no pun intended) but he helped himself a ton at the combine.

They've (Cowboys) been sniffing around several middle round QB's but to my knowledge Bennett hasn't been one of them yet.

If he keeps his head on straight, down the road he might end up being better than the other small guy from Tuscaloosa that people keep creaming their pants about. Especially if Bennett ends up on a good team with good coaching.

Top Bottom