Kirk61

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Wow, what happened to the Phillies, they went into the post season like a shit storm, the team to beat and they fizzled out or peaked out at the end. I was really looking forward to a Rangers and Philly world series, crap!

daboyz

👀
Reaction score
Wow, what happened to the Phillies, they went into the post season like a shit storm, the team to beat and they fizzled out or peaked out at the end. I was really looking forward to a Rangers and Philly world series, crap!
Crazy for sure. Their bats were hot for exactly 2 months only to fizzle. Being up 2 games though & Kimbrel losing two closers sealed the deal at this end. Notice I said "Go Rangers" in my previous post. Call it women's intuition, but I had a gut feeling they weren't going to the WS. I wish they had because the Nationals won a WS right after Harper left. I just wanted him to win one in Philly. Being a Cowboys fan, I'm used to disappointment.

But I'm glad the Dodgers are sitting at home while the team that was way behind them in the division made it to the WS. I wish the Phils had gone to win another pennant to throw in the Braves' face. If this doesn't teach the sports world that it doesn't matter how many wins a club has during the regular season, it's how many wins you have in the postseason that matters!
:funny:1698243606241.png

Attachments

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't even recognize the game of baseball anymore. Philly, with all their "bats" also had players who were batting .064 (Rojas). I mean......WTF? Castellanos had a stretch of a few great at bats and then went back to his normal scrub self. The Diamondbacks were the better "team"; they moved runners and generated runs and proved small ball can kill Goliath.

And I feel bad for Bryce Harper. The dude is a super hero but he can't carry the team on his own.

daboyz

👀
Reaction score
Phillies not wasting any time after collapse.
Nola, Kimbrel & Hoskins will probably follow.

Philly was all set for their back-to-back NL Champs. Eerie!

daboyz

👀
Reaction score
One can reminisce....
The Phillies 2023 season opener was a 3 game series against the Rangers, in Texas. Lost all 3. If only....

Top Bottom