Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The Bengals offense was embarrased last week, so they have motivation coming in. I realize Dallas does too, but where some teams get hit and hit back, we tend to curl up in the fetal position and take a few more smacks. Bengals 31 Cowboys 16.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
That sounds to me like he's not playing this week, either...

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
That sounds to me like he's not playing this week, either...

This is the kind of stuff symbolic of why we fail as a franchise every yr.

The guy is unquestionably a better receiver talent than anyone of the healthy guys save CeeDee Lamb, and after seeing a game where the offense did next to nothing in the passing game they still want to keep the guy on the bench because of special teams? I'm not saying ST arn't important, but give me a fucking break.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
McCarthy digging on Kellen Moore some here. First time I think I have ever seen him at least somewhat criticize any of his coaches, at least while here with us.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I guess I’m getting old or something because I’m not getting much enjoyment out of watching any games, they all seem like wild shootouts with no defense and I can just tune into the last 5 minutes like I do with basketball

plus the league is so watered down with parity, none of the games hold much excitement

frees up a lot of my time to do other things though

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I guess I’m getting old or something because I’m not getting much enjoyment out of watching any games, they all seem like wild shootouts with no defense and I can just tune into the last 5 minutes like I do with basketball

plus the league is so watered down with parity, none of the games hold much excitement

frees up a lot of my time to do other things though

The product on the field honestly sux (not just the Cowboys, the whole thing)

The level of play we saw in the 80's and 90's was eons better than what we see today. Teams were better coached and prepared, blocking and tackling was better. Penalties weren't this ridiculous. There were nowhere near as many bad or phantom calls as we see today.

It's not quite the garbage level of play the NBA has turned into, but its getting close.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This idea that we're going to come out running the football and be successful is bullshit. Zeke sucks. He got paid, he got fat and he doesn't have the mental fortitude to get in shape, let alone lead this team.

And while I'm on Zeke, when did he evolve into this power back? That was label the team and fans bestowed upon him when he got fat and fucking lazy. He wasn't a power back. He had speed and could take it to the house. Zeke is a guy you can find in the later rounds of the draft. But he's a key piece to the circus show so they keep him around. If there's a player that screams entitlement and the get rich attitude in Dallas, it's Zeke....and it was Tank before him and Dak after him. Jimmy Johnson knew it and everyone in the NFL circle knows it, except the stupid fans.

Top Bottom