Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
McCarthy's overall record with backup QB's (Gren Bay and here) is eons better than Garrett's was.

For Garrett, game's without Romo was almost an automatic loss.
Except for when he knew his job might be on the line and won 13 with Dak.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Except for when he knew his job might be on the line and won 13 with Dak.
I don't think he coached any "better" because his job might have been on the line. The 2014 team was really good and the team itself was better in 2016. Zeke was a superstar that yr behind an overwhelming OL. Romo also never got his starting job back after that.

Garrett was always mediocre as a HC and he could have coached another 25 yrs and I doubt he'd have won a Super Bowl. McCarthy HAS won a Super Bowl (with a really banged up team) and got to the NFC Championship a few other times. He is not elite as far as Head Coaches go, but he is not at the lousy level of Switzer, Gailey, Campo, Wade or Garrett either.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Was talking about the winning you say is happening. It happened in spite of Ginger and is happening in spite of the fat slob.

Neither guy helps for shit on game day or any other day. Neither guy gives us an advantage in any way.

If yo don't see a difference in the "TEAM" between Ginger and MM, I don't know what to tell you. But I pointed out the ability to compete with a back-up. Something we could never really do with Ginger. But whatever floats your boat.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Something we could never really do with Ginger.
Until he felt his job might be on the line and magically won 13 games with Dak. We said here for years Ginger didn't want Romo shown up, it wasn't that our backups were horrid it was the greatly limited offense we ran with them.

Then magically a 4th rounder wins 13 games. Huh.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I note you skipped past this:

Neither guy helps for shit on game day or any other day. Neither guy gives us an advantage in any way.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Until he felt his job might be on the line and magically won 13 games with Dak. We said here for years Ginger didn't want Romo shown up, it wasn't that our backups were horrid it was the greatly limited offense we ran with them.

Then magically a 4th rounder wins 13 games. Huh.
The 4th rd pick QB played on a team that won 12 games two yrs prior (was decimated by injury in 2015) but the defense played ok and they had a superstar RB to carry the team behind a great OL.

And that 4th rd pick QB would have been selected much earlier had it not been for the DUI thing.

Garrett didn't all of the sudden coach great because he feared for his job. He was always mediocre and it showed in the playoff loss at home.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I note you skipped past this:

One guy won a super bowl and got to several conference championship games.

The other guy never got past the divisional round.

But yeah, they are the same.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
One guy won a super bowl and got to several conference championship games.

The other guy never got past the divisional round.

But yeah, they are the same.
That's a duck of my statement.

"Neither guy helps for shit on game day or any other day. Neither guy gives us an advantage in any way."

Said nothing about them being the same.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
That's a duck of my statement.

"Neither guy helps for shit on game day or any other day. Neither guy gives us an advantage in any way."

Said nothing about them being the same.
That's basically what that says Dooms.

And the guy that won the Super Bowl also did it when his team had a ton of injuries.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
So, the same
LOL

Keep dodging. Don't inform me how the fatass slob gives us an advantage on game day, or does anything at all to help. Don't glow about how he pulled victory out of the jaws of defeat. Don't wax eloquently about his superior clock management. Just erect the straw man trying to claim I'm saying he and Ginger are the same just because neither gives us any help or advantage on game day or any other time.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
LOL

Keep dodging. Don't inform me how the fatass slob gives us an advantage on game day, or does anything at all to help. Don't glow about how he pulled victory out of the jaws of defeat. Don't wax eloquently about his superior clock management. Just erect the straw man trying to claim I'm saying he and Ginger are the same just because neither gives us any help or advantage on game day or any other time.
He kept us afloat while Dak was out, so there's that. But this team continues to be a penalty-ridden mess, and that's on him.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
We don't even know what the slob's contribution was.
You can apply that same logic to any other HC that doesn't call plays then.

What does Mike Tomlin do? What about John Harbaugh? What about Mike Vrabel?

Give me some examples of head coaches that you think do something positive for their teams and what that is, don't just say you think McCarthy does nothing.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
You can apply that same logic to any other HC that doesn't call plays then.

What does Mike Tomlin do? What about John Harbaugh? What about Mike Vrabel?

Give me some examples of head coaches that you think do something positive for their teams and what that is, don't just say you think McCarthy does nothing.
Oh wait - that identical argument was a-ok for Ginger but not for Fatty?

Top Bottom