dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Steele was horrendous at LT, but those clamoring for Lael Collins to have played there (mostly Zoner tards) are out of their minds.

Collins was awful himself at RT and has not taken a single snap as a LT anywhere since his senior year at LSU. Steele was expected to be a "swing" tackle, so moving there to replace Tyron was his job.

By the way, all that talk about how good of shape Collins was in seems like a joke to me. He looked like a guy who spent his entire suspension at Dunkin Donuts.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I REALLY hate this new stadium and just about everything about it.

FUCK YOU JERRY

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
How does this garbage happen. Forget that we looked like a fucking big pile of cow turd but this was a 6-1 team at home, going against a mediocre team.

And the stadium has arguably MORE road team fans there than home fans.

Again, FUCK YOU JERRY

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I like the posts/Tweets about how many long gains we gave up after having the Broncos on 2nd and 3rd and long. Just can't do that when you have so many TFL on 1st down. But the biggest play of the game was the blocked punt. A complete momentum changer and we fucked that up on a fluke bounce. I knew then it wasn't going to be our day.

I didn't expect the team to go 16 and 1. They'll lose again this year. I'm more interested in how they come out next week against the Falcons who pasted this D last year. The next game will be telling, IMO.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Why is it Jerry's fault that our shitty fans are selling their tickets to out of towners? It's not like we're 1-7.
Might not even be out of towners, there's a shit ton of Denver fans in Dallas, and in fact all throughout Texas.

What I say "Fuck Jerry" for is once again putting pet projects above the product on the field. The fucking red stripe on the hats, simply vanity and not in any way necessary. Simply a vain selfish gesture to make a highly visible statement to the cause at hand. One of the items that in my view, fucked up our chemistry. You had Dubya Bush there for the coin toss, Captain America himself was there, all the pomp and circumstance and pagentry of the Veterans celebration, all serving to fire up the opponent and give our guys tons of attaboys they haven't earned yet. And they went out and gravy-shit the bed totally. Chemistry is a delicate thing, especially when it's only just starting to gel. It shouldn't ever be disturbed or fucked with in any way.

We were up against the #6 defense in the league, one that is statistically better than our own. And an opponent that had a point to prove and was in must-win mode. We all should have seen this coming.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Why is it Jerry's fault that our shitty fans are selling their tickets to out of towners? It's not like we're 1-7.

Are they selling them to other teams fans or are there just so many seats available that any slob can go online and get tickets whenever they want?

I guess maybe its possible they have 90k or so season ticket holders, but I kind of doubt it.

When the place was built some speculated at least Jerry would tarp over a decent portion of the seats during the regular season and only allow full capacity for key games and postseason, but obviously that never happened.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
We were up against the #6 defense in the league, one that is statistically better than our own. And an opponent that had a point to prove and was in must-win mode. We all should have seen this coming.
AND I might add, a team we haven't beaten since 1995.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Might not even be out of towners, there's a shit ton of Denver fans in Dallas, and in fact all throughout Texas.

What I say "Fuck Jerry" for is once again putting pet projects above the product on the field. The fucking red stripe on the hats, simply vanity and not in any way necessary. Simply a vain selfish gesture to make a highly visible statement to the cause at hand. One of the items that in my view, fucked up our chemistry. You had Dubya Bush there for the coin toss, Captain America himself was there, all the pomp and circumstance and pagentry of the Veterans celebration, all serving to fire up the opponent and give our guys tons of attaboys they haven't earned yet. And they went out and gravy-shit the bed totally. Chemistry is a delicate thing, especially when it's only just starting to gel. It shouldn't ever be disturbed or fucked with in any way.

Eh. Sounds like excuses for shitass play and lack of dedicated preparation during the week to me. Even some of the players commented after the game that it really wasnt just this last week of bad practice, but really two weeks of less than quality practice.

The Broncos were a painfully mediocre team with a really mediocre offense. The 30 pts vs us were their season high, and they had the 3rd most of total yards and by far their most rushing yards in any game this year. They had at least one turnover in all but one game (and none vs us). And while their defense is decent, we managed the 3rd fewest yards and least time of possession this year against them. Denver had not beaten a team with a winning record all year.

Then the fact they were missing several starters, and there just isn't much excuse for them to play the way they did.

We'll see how much of a fluke it is when they play Atlanta next week. Hopefully its just an extreme case of us looking past someone, but we shall see.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
AND I might add, a team we haven't beaten since 1995.

None of those teams we lost to previously had anything to do with the loss yesterday. There's probably only a few players on this current roster they have that were here the last time we played them.

When you only play a team once every 4 yrs, saying we "haven't beaten such and such since...." is not all the meaningful.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Sounds like excuses for shitass play and lack of dedicated preparation during the week to me.
Both could be right. When you have reliable guys like Lamb and Pollard dropping perfect passes, and Dak otherwise being way off on his passing to start with, and have bizarre plays happening against you and just a bizarre day really, there's lots of fathers for that bastard.
by far their most rushing yards in any game this year.
I've been saying it and again we saw it yesterday - we need to FUCKING TACKLE ball carriers instead of just trying to punch the ball out and letting them squirm and squiggle away. I'm all for forcing turnovers but NOT at the cost of letting the fucks make shit tons of YAC.
None of those teams we lost to previously had anything to do with the loss yesterday.
Just like we have nothing to do with the 1995 Dallas Cowboys.

Top Bottom