dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Jones seems to be putting Zuerlien on short notice here. Albeit probably too late for this season:

But at the top of the Cowboys' concerns about winning a playoff game and making a possible run to Super Bowl LVI: Greg Zuerlein's boom-or-bust kicking.

After watching Zuerlein hook a 43-yard field goal in last Sunday's three-point loss to the Cardinals, owner Jerry Jones addressed the issue Tuesday on his 105.3 The Fan weekly radio appearance.

“I think the most important part of a kicker is consistency," Jones said. "And it’s not consistently missing.”

Last edited:

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I just heard this stat on the players lounge podcast about the NFL playoff teams kickers and how many kicks they have each missed on the season. Looks like Cowboys lead in another category. Yay and shit!

I said it before and I’ll say it again. Greg the Leg will cost us a chance at a win in the playoffs. Don’t get me wrong, he will not be the ONLY reason we will lose. But his missed kicks will be the difference in the score.

Matt Gay Rams
2 FG 1 PAT
Jake Elliot Philly
3 FG 0 PAT
Ryan Succup TB
4 FG 3 PAT
Greg Zuerlein Cowboys
6 FG 5 PAT
Matt Prater AZ
7 FG 2 PAT
Mason Crosby GB
9 FG 1 PAT

The only one to leave more points on the field is Crosby from GB. Watch us end up in GB and it will be a battle of the dueling hook ‘em left kickers to see who wins.

Top Bottom