dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
So much for the "blueprint" on how to beat the Cowboys and stuff the offense.

Too bad that genius Vic Fangio couldnt come up with the "blueprint" on how to slow down the Eagles.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
While I am not surprised we won, I am surprised we won the way we did. The Falcons were mediocre but they were 4-4 and coming off a nice road win of their own last week and we had just aid one of the biggest eggs in recent memory.

With yesterdays performance our offense now leads the league in pts per game and yards per game.

OL, which was beyond putrid last week was much better this week, especially in terms of pass protection. While there were some rushed throws, we didnt give up any sacks and Prescott didnt seemed to be touched much. Defensively, even without another starter in Randy Gregory (our best player this year other than Parsons and Diggs) the Cowboys had their best game of the season, holding a team to 3pt and a QB rating of 13.6, with 3 picks. It was also the 2nd time in 3 weeks they held a team to only one 3rd down conversion the entire game.

Offensively, other than a really bad drop by Gallup and the Zeke fumble (his first one this year) it was an impressive performance. We didn't run the ball great but we had nearly perfect balance (37 runs, 35 passes), if Tyron comes back for KC next week I suspect our rushing offense will improve quite a bit. Will be interesting to see if Smith is back who starts at RT. On the Gallup drop, it was a 3rd down conversion we lost and I would have liked to have seen the play again, looked like he had a TON of space and would have had a fairly long gain, and maybe even a TD.

It didnt get talked about a ton a few weeks ago, but Dan Quinn making Jayron Kearse the guy handling the defensive signals in lieu of Parsons was a huge win. The 3 games since have all been pretty dominant performances by Parsons, who is almost a 100% lock now for DROY and if he keeps playing the way he is he will get a few votes for DPOY too. Stellar game by our top-3 CB's too. All had picks, Brown and Lewis both had 3 passes defensed and the team held Atlanta to 10/27 passing for 111 yds. It wasnt like Matt Ryan had been playing bad coming in either. He was coming off his best game of the season and in 3 of the last 4 games he had at LEAST 336 yards (all wins). Props for Dorance Armstrong too, had himself a game with a sack, 3 or 4 QB knockdowns and the blocked punt for TD.

Special teams are also doing some really good things. The new kicker was flawless on PATS and kickoffs (ALL touchbacks) and we blocked another punt (now 3 for season). The punt coverage was also outstanding.

About the only thing I can complain about is the horrid officiating in the 2nd half. Most of the stuff they called on our OL appeared to be complete bullshit on the replays, and they had two others horrendous decisions that hurt us (picking up the obvious holding on that punt that ended up being downed inside the 1, they flagged it and then claimed it was a "legal move" and then taking away an offsides penalty by claiming they "inadvertent whistle". But they blew the whistle because the guy was so far offsides and would have had a blow up hit on the QB had they not stopped the play. Even the Zeke fumble might not have happened had they not flagged us for a pretty picky holding call that wiped out 1st and goal inside the 10. Official crew also botched the OBVIOUS incomplete pass on Falcons opening drive, forcing McCarthy to challenge something that any slob could see in real time was incomplete. We might have scored 60 if not for the BS by refs yesterday.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Am wondering if this means sometime in next 3 games. We could sure use him.

I think McCarthy mentioned this week he was maybe two weeks away.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I haven't seen an update on this, but on the last series or next to last series C Tyler Biadasz got hurt and came off the field. This is one of the clips from the end of the game and McGovern (who had replaced Z Martin at RG late when they benched several starters) moved over to C. 68 at RG is Matt Farnick, who had played C and G during preseason.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
In his defense, replays clearly showed at least 3 or 4 of those were complete BS.

Top Bottom