MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Most of the mocks I’ve seen have the Cowboys taking CB Patrick Surtain II from Bama.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I know it’s early but I’ve been looking at some of the top prospects in the next draft. I know we don’t need a MLB but Micah Parsons from Penn St plays like a 6’4” 245 lbs Jamal Adams. Dude is an absolute beast!

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
What is the next likely QB that would be available after Trevor Lawrence?

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
the 3 i hear the most after lawrence

justin fields, ohio state
zach wilson, byu
trey lance, ndsu

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I’ve been listening to the draft shows and they seem to be of the consensus that there isn’t the typical top 5 DE/CB in this coming draft. They are of the opinion that it would be better to trade back and stock pile picks to bolster our defense.

Typically I’m against that idea and want to take the BPA when we are picking that high. But with this coming season it doesn’t seem like there is a clear cut defensive player that is worth a top 5 pick

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
For those of you that are into the draft and follow college football more than I do, which games would you suggest watching today?

With all the college championship games on today I figure this will be good to check out some of the prospects we might target with our first round draft pick next year

Can anyone suggest who to keep a guy on? Or which game might be a better one to pay attention to?

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The results of the early set of games dropped us from the 8th overall pick to #10

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Trevor Lawrence is playing tonight like he would rather be NYJ

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score

Pick
Dallas Cowboys

Dallas Cowboys
Patrick Surtain · CB
School: Alabama | Year: Junior

The Cowboys still need to upgrade the secondary. Surtain will reunite with former Alabama teammate Trevon Diggs to give Dallas a promising young tandem at cornerback.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I think once the Combine gets here we are going to see a couple QB’s really climb the board. Lawrence, Wilson, and Fields are the top 3 and Trey Lance and Mac Jones could drastically improve their draft stock. Lance could get into the top 10. I don’t know if Mav Jones could get that high but you never know. If all 5 went in the top 10 there will be some very good defensive players on the board. Unfortunately there are no DT’s ranked that high in the draft but there are two CB’s (Patrick Surtain, and Caleb Farley). Both are physically the type of CB’s Dan Quinn likes (both are 6’2” 200-210ish). The next two best options in my opinion would be EDGE Gregory Rousseau, or MLB Micah Parsons. A wildcard for this puck would be OT Rashawn Slater from Northwestern.

Or they could trade down if someone wants to move up to 10 to take Mac Jones. Personally I prefer they stay at 10 but if they did trade down they could always take DT Christian Barmore, OT Alex Leatherwood, or TE Kyle Pitts (depending on how far they trade down).

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
senior bowl practice rep videos are all over twitter and it looks like the OL is dominating the DL in 1v1s

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
i want this guy to get drafted by DAL and do the exact same thing to jaylon

I was actually thinking that if this guy fell to the 2nd round then we all know who the Cowboys are taking at 44.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Take bad angles, lead the league in tackles 10 yards past the LOS, and be useless in pass D?
MrB posted a tweet that said micah parsons is falling down draft boards because allegedly he parties and he hazed a teammate so bad that the teammate is transferring schools

since jerry & stevie are too proud of the 1 legged linebacker that they drafted and paid to take him out of the lineup, i would be supportive of an outside the box approach to getting rid of jaylon. like if parsons was able to wedgie and swirly jaylon's way off the team, or at least knock him down a peg.

Top Bottom