English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Is anyone really surprised by the Cowboys' lack of early FA signings? This is a clear strategy that they've been following for several years now. Let some of your own FA's walk to get the compensation draft picks, re-sign a few of your own FA's, sign cheap FA's or FA's that have been released by other teams so as not to affect your compensation picks. You can argue as to whether this is a good strategy, but this is how they do things, so really not much point losing your shit over it.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I am too lazy to go find it again, but someone posted the research/data in CZ on most successful teams over past 10-20 yrs and how those teams also had the most comp picks in that time frame. So there does seem to be some correlation. Obviously you have to draft well to make that work and obviously quality coaching ultimately makes a huge difference.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Blake Bell saw all he needed to see of this organization

He’s headed back to the Chiefs!

Jerseycowboysfan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Is anyone really surprised by the Cowboys' lack of early FA signings? This is a clear strategy that they've been following for several years now. Let some of your own FA's walk to get the compensation draft picks, re-sign a few of your own FA's, sign cheap FA's or FA's that have been released by other teams so as not to affect your compensation picks. You can argue as to whether this is a good strategy, but this is how they do things, so really not much point losing your shit over it.
Great point , however this has netted us what ? A few playoffs wins ? Great drafting has netted us what ??? An overpaid running back , quarterback and edge rusher ( Lawrence ) ??? 2 linebackers that are made of fuckin glass ? ( lee, vander esche ) . I’m sorry , we were the clear favorite to win the NFC EAST this coming season . After seeing what I’ve been seeing I have us 3rd best and McCarthy losing his job . I sure hope I eat my words . I really do hope

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
We just signed Safety Keanu Neal
They are saying he may be moving to weakside OLB.

His cover skills are not a strong point to say the least. Only two career picks and is coming off a season where he had only 2 passes defensed.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
hopefully signing keanu neal to play LB means theyre thinking about benching jaylon smith in those situations

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Now Zoners have created a thread today specifically to rue replacing the deep snapper and the OP claims "he was done dirty by Fassel"

What a fucktard. Again, never mind the new guy made multiple probowls and is younger.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
cowboys told aldon smith they will not be resigning him and he is a free agent

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
cowboys told aldon smith they will not be resigning him and he is a free agent

I was hoping they would sign him on the cheap and see what they could get out of him this season. He did great last season in the beginning then dropped off as the season went on. Which I would chalk up to being out of the league for years. With a full season under his belt and this off season of conditioning I would expect him to perform better this season.

Top Bottom