MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Jason Witten to sign a one day contract with the Cowboys and retire a Cowboy

He shoulda just done the right thing and retired after last season and never tarnished his good name by signing with Da Raidaz!

Emmitt even told him that the 1 or 2 years you might be able to still play aren’t worth it. He has said he would have never played for anyone else if he had to do it over again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Emmitt even told him that the 1 or 2 years you might be able to still play aren’t worth it. He has said he would have never played for anyone else if he had to do it over again.

And that is the way it should be

Emmitt should have never gone to AZ

Rice should have never gone to the Raiders

Montana never should have gone to KC

At least both Aikman and Irvin never soiled their reputations on inferior teams!

Emmitt was out chasing glory and trying to pad his number.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

At least both Aikman and Irvin never soiled their reputations on inferior teams!

Didn't Rice help take the Raiders to the Super Bowl against the Bucs?

Might as well say that Manning shouldn't have went to the Broncos.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

speaking of the bucs, and as weird as it is, i dont believe brady would be in the super bowl if he was still playing for the patriots

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

My post has nothing to do with the success or failure of the player on the new team.

did Jerry Rice win that Super Bowl?

Is Jerry Rice ever remembered as a Raider?

Is Farve remembered as a Viking?

Is Emmitt remember as a Cardinal?

No, no, no and no

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
This is the guy you thought should be cut immediately right?

No dipshit, I've actually argued against releasing him for years. He doesn't have much cap impact at all.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
speaking of the bucs, and as weird as it is, i dont believe brady would be in the super bowl if he was still playing for the patriots

The Bucs have a decent roster there, it wasn't solely Brady that is responsible.

They have a good coach, a solid defense and the offensive supporting cast there (including the OL) are all pretty good.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Montana wanted to start again and was actually traded to KC I believe. But the rest are very valid points.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
kris richard career arc

played for USC, drafted by SEA, traded by SEA, & in total played about 5 yrs in NFL

started coaching under pete carroll as a Grad Asst for USC
follows pete carroll to NFL as Asst DB coach w/ SEA
promoted to Cornerback coach
promoted to DB coach
promoted to DC after dan quinn leaves to be HC of ATL
gets fired by SEA*
hired as DB coach & passing game coordinator by DAL
"not re-hired" when garrett regime was fired
interviews for DC positions and a few HC positions
sits out covid year
hired as DB coach by NO after aaron glenn leaves to be DC of DET

some notes:

the transition from SEA DC dan quinn to SEA DC kris richard was great for 2 yrs until their D fell to middle of the pack. this is attributed to a combination of a shitty offense, injuries to the legion of boom, & overly aggressive defensive playcalling by richard. richard is the 1st DC pete carroll has ever fired in his career

after leaving DAL, kris richard interviewed for DC positions and a few HC positions including NYG. richard came back dejected by interviewing well but not getting offered anything more than a lowly DB coach. from what ive read, richard points the finger in several directions including racism, nepotism, and team's prior loyalties/commitments to other people. richard decided to take his ball and leave (sit out the covid year).

in conclusion:

i really liked kris richard and had high hopes for him in DAL. his recent comments and actions make me believe that he might be difficult to work with and a bit of a tool bag

it is a fact that kris richard has benefitted greatly from one person, pete carroll. i cannot really be sure but maybe kris richard sucks at networking? or maybe he hasnt needed to because hes been connected to pete carroll's titty. or maybe richard is overrating himself and his abilities

i hope DAL's new SEA re-tread coach is better than the last one

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
maybe they omitted him because they don't know if he'll be back next year. technically, he's a free agent.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Maybe it’s a subtle warning to sign the fucking contract we offer you or understand that you won’t be here next season

Top Bottom