MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
So is this where we’re going to have draft talk.

This team has holes across the board except for WR. To me their biggest needs are on the defensive side of the ball. At pick 10 they will still have a great shot at a couple of really good defensive players. Personally my pick would be either Patrick Surtain or Caleb Farley. Quinn likes big CB’s and both fit the mold. If both are gone the next two guys in my list would be Gregory Rousseau or Micah Parsons.

The best thing that could happen for the Cowboys is for 5 QB’s to go before pick 10.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
FIRST thing that now MUST be addressed for our new DC's plans to work, is SAFETY. Without a great free safety, this scheme is doomed. So whether Jerruh likes it or not, it is now on HIM to respect the position and draft high there, and spend some money there in FA.

We only spend 30 percent of our salary cap on defense. This HAS to change. Otherwise nothing will.

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
FIRST thing that now MUST be addressed for our new DC's plans to work, is SAFETY. Without a great free safety, this scheme is doomed. So whether Jerruh likes it or not, it is now on HIM to respect the position and draft high there, and spend some money there in FA.

We only spend 30 percent of our salary cap on defense. This HAS to change. Otherwise nothing will.
Would you be in on ET? Not sure he's a FS but man can still play and he brings a veteran presence
I think he would be cheap too
Pair him with Wilson...thats some hitting happening back there

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Would you be in on ET? Not sure he's a FS but man can still play and he brings a veteran presence

People need to give up on this fantasy of "he can still play"

A lot of guys "can still play" but they arn't any good, including most of the crap we have back there now. ET has been awful (and injury prone) the past few years, plus he has gone full blown ****** off the field and in the lockerroom.

I wouldn't even spend the league minimum on this clown.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score

The two best safeties in the draft both play for TCU. Best case scenario would be for the Cowboys to draft Surtain/Farley at 10 and then to have S Trevon Moehrig sitting there at 44. Those two picks (along with signing Richard Sherman to a cheap deal) would completely change the secondary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score

I would prefer they draft Travin Moehrig in round 2. Even if it meant moving up to get him. I definitely would not want ET but I would want Richard Sherman on a cheap deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom