Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
"Did you ever watch this offense and feel like it was the #1 offense....?" Greenie...."No."

You guys are lucky to have me to point these things out to you novices.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
dak was sacked 23 times last season. so youre telling me the TEs and RBs were responsible for 15 fucking sacks???????? or maybe PFF is blaming dak for some for holding the ball ?? not sure but that does not seem good

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
anybody wanna share theirs ? prob mo claiborne for me

Hard to go against Claiborne, who was really good at a major program and made a ton of plays (in two yrs as starter had 5 picks one yr, 6 the next), was also a pretty good kickoff return guy.

I will say I expected more from Robert Jones. Dude was sculpted and had elite physical talent, hit like a ton of bricks. Unfortunately he was kind of dumb as a box of rocks and after starting as a rookie for Jimmy was benched the next year. Regained his starting position after ken Norton left, but he was never more than average starter and was always a liability against the pass.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Not necessarily a pick but we did trade a 3rd rounder for him: Drew Henson. I remember watching him college and thinking he had all the tools and I was super excited when we picked him up. Probably would have been the 1st overall pick had he stayed with football instead of leaving college for baseball. When I saw him in NFL Europe, I was shocked at his regression. Everything was ugly.....his release, reading defenses, pocket presence, everything.......

Yep, he made the wrong career choice for sure.

Should have stuck with football.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
the jets definitely do not want to trade adams unless they get a massive haul. fuck this trade & move on

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Since the Jets need for a RT is apparently is far greater than the Cowboys need for a Safety wouldn’t you think that the Cowboys have some leverage here? If they want Collins that bad I’d consider Collins for Adams and a 1st.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
The Jets really don't want to trade Adams. They are asking for ridiculous terms to a) get no takers or b) get some boob to pay too much.
Hard pass.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The Jets really don't want to trade Adams. They are asking for ridiculous terms to a) get no takers or b) get some boob to pay too much.
Hard pass.
and the 2 biggest boobs in the NFL are both in texas... jerry jones & bill o'brien

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
we're talking about a strong safety, not an elite corner or ballhawking free safety. he's another RW31 in waiting that opposing QBs can pass pass pass on.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Good offensive linemen are too hard to find. Not to mention we have no idea what to expect at C and LG this year if there is a this year.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
we're talking about a strong safety, not an elite corner or ballhawking free safety. he's another RW31 in waiting that opposing QBs can pass pass pass on.
Strong or Box Safeties are more valuable against modern offenses. Defense is now 11-on-11 against Zone Read and RPO's, so having a versatile, physical, and athletic safety is important. They are also critical against the ultra-talented TE's around the league. Guys like Adams, Derwin James, Isaiah Simmons, Minkah Fitzpatrick, and Honey Badger are what scouts/front offices refer to as "mismatch negaters" or "positionless players".

IMO, thinking a strong safety can't be an impact player is like people 10 years ago swearing up and down that college spread offenses and concepts could never work in the NFL. Offenses evolve and defenses have to evolve with them.

Top Bottom