dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The one bright side to us not being able to see DiNucci play is no one else can either. They would have a better chance of getting him to the practice squad. Unless the NFL expands rosters it’s going to be very tough for him to make the 53 man roster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Supposedly expanded rosters and some different rules regarding the practice squad are part of the discussions for this season.

I've always thought they were going to have to expand the roster considerably to account for week to week players that test positive and are benched. I read somewhere they were considering 55 and another place said 57.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Supposedly expanded rosters and some different rules regarding the practice squad are part of the discussions for this season.

I've always thought they were going to have to expand the roster considerably to account for week to week players that test positive and are benched. I read somewhere they were considering 55 and another place said 57.
And I hope they stick to it once things clear up. I always thought a 60 man roster made more sense anyway.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
They are going to need to expand the roster beyond 60 to accommodate all the players that are going to test positive

The end of the 2020 season is going to look like the players went on strike we will be left playing da scrubs from the bench and beyond

It will be time to find the next Kurt Warner bagging groceries at the local grocery store just to be able to field a full team on game day

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score

It would definitely make the most sense to expand the rosters.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
And I hope they stick to it once things clear up. I always thought a 60 man roster made more sense anyway.

I'm not sure 60 is enough to be honest.

I saw a blurb yesterday that said they were actually going to REDUCE the roster limit for training camp though.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
I hope there's a real competition between Forbath (who was money last year) and Zuerlein. Z shouldn't get the job just because of the contract he signed.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I hope there's a real competition between Forbath (who was money last year) and Zuerlein. Z shouldn't get the job just because of the contract he signed.

If they expand rosters as expected, it wouldn't surprise me if both make the team.

Sal Monella

Man among boys
Reaction score
cowboys-ceedee-lamb-agree-terms-on-four-year-14m.jpg

The Cowboys have agreed to terms with No. 17 overall pick CeeDee Lamb (Twitter link via NFL.com’s Ian Rapoport). Per the terms of his slot, Lamb will earn just over $14M on his four-year deal, fully guaranteed.

Lamb was regarded as one of the three best wide receivers in this year’s class, but he was left waiting longer than expected on draft night. With the Cowboys, Lamb will have to compete with Amari Cooper and Michael Gallup for targets, but there should be plenty of opportunities to go around. He’s expected to mostly work from the slot, where his soft hands can shine, and his lack of top-end speed won’t be quite as glaring.

Lamb, a consensus All-American in 2019, finished last season with 62 receptions for 1,327 yards and 14 touchdowns. That was the 6-foot-2, 191-pound wideout's second-straight season with at least 1,000 yards and 10+ touchdowns.

As a refresher, here’s the full rundown of the Cowboys’ 2020 class:

1-17: CeeDee Lamb, WR (Oklahoma)
2-51: Trevon Diggs, CB (Alabama)
3-82: Neville Gallimore, DT (Oklahoma)
4-123: Reggie Robinson, CB (Tulsa)
4-146: Tyler Biadasz, C (Wisconsin)
5-179: Bradlee Anae, DE (Utah)
7-231: Ben DiNucci, QB (James Madison)

Number1

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Two picks that I am most curious about. Without the pre season games we wont see DiNucci at all and 50/50 we see Anaee during what ever season we get.

We might see DiNucci next preseason.

Anae likely plays early in the season, just to see what he can do. Probably in the rotation for next few years.

I have pretty good idea what Lamb and Diggs can do.

Really wanted to see Biadasz vs McCoy / Poe / Gallimore

Reggie Robinson is the one I wanted to see most at different spots vs our WRs
at 6'1" 205lb with a 76" wingspan, 4.4 speed and pushing 22 bench reps is a top notch freak of nature
Reggie has the ability to play any DB spot. That's rare. the Next Gen best rated CB in the draft is not that far fetched

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score

I totally forgot we signed Greg the Leg. I’m all for the competition and I agree, don’t just give the job to Zuerlein. I’m just glad that either should be much better than what we had last season.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
All our draft picks have been signed.

And there's 23+ page thread of bitching and moaning about the Seahags trading 3 picks (two 1st and a 3rd) for Jamal Adams over at IdiotZone. I am amazed at the ignorance that place displays more and more every day, even though I shouldnt be. They collectively have to have the absolute lowest football IQ of anyplace in existance.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Jon’vae Johnson has been placed on the COVID/Reserved list

And apparently 59 other players tested positive for COVID last week

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
All our draft picks have been signed.

And there's 23+ page thread of bitching and moaning about the Seahags trading 3 picks (two 1st and a 3rd) for Jamal Adams over at IdiotZone. I am amazed at the ignorance that place displays more and more every day, even though I shouldnt be. They collectively have to have the absolute lowest football IQ of anyplace in existance.

I'm sorry. But no safety is worth 2 #1's. None. Zero. Zilch. Let a lone a 3rd.

This is just a bad trade and I wish someone would sign some of our players for those kind of picks.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score

This is just a bad trade and I wish someone would sign some of our players for those kind of picks.

They will next off season, Dak.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

I like Adams as a player, but this guy does very little in coverage in terms of getting passes defensed or interceptions. It's interesting because these are the same things Zoners cry like pigs over with our guys, then get penis envy with any other teams player and justify why that guy doesn't make any plays either.

If we traded two first and a third for Adams, plus paid him what he will have to get for a contract extension those same people crying about not making this deal and "ignoring the safety position" would be the first ones lining up to crucify the Jones' when Adams played season after season and got 1 pick a year. "uhhhh, Jones is so fuckign stupid!!!! How can you trade all that for a guy who doesn't make plays!!!!!AHHHHHH ARGGGGHHHH"

Top Bottom