nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Say what you will about Dak, but if the Cowboys will not pay him, there are quite a few teams that will. One for sure in our own division. And the Vikings...yeah, I think the Kirk Cousins' experiment is DONE. They will finish the year with him, and eat that contract. Zimmer's likely gone as well.
Probably but what team can field the offensive weapons we have laid out for him?
Don't get me wrong, love Dak and guy balls, but he just needs too much around him to succeed and you cannot commit that much of your cap to a guy who doesn't elevate the team around him
Today's game was a "make some money" game and he just didn't do enough...too many balls behind the receivers though he had some beauties in there as well

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
The Seahawks are blitzing, why not run some fucking screens? But want to call these stupid double reverses.
I wasn't sure why you wouldn't exploit/attack where Adams is coming from when he blitzes...that should leave a lot of one on one opportunities and for the most part it seemed as if they were picking him up pretty well

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Can someone explain to me why we seem to be the ONLY team that tries to run this KOs back?
We're not. I've seen other teams returning kickoffs from out of the endzone. Heaven forbid anyone actually tries to make a game-changing play. Kid just needs to catch the fucking ball.

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
trysten hill

I actually thought Trysten Hill played well. He was like a ball of fury. It was only him and Aldon Smith that (to my eyes anyway) consistently pressured Wilson. Obviously the Roughing The Passer penalty on the 2-point conversion wasn't clever, but I like the fact that he plays on the edge, and (whisper it) is even quite a dirty player. We've been too soft for too long on D.

Last edited:

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I actually thought Trysten Hill played well. He was like a ball of fury. It was only him and Aldon Smith that (to my eyes anyway) consistently pressured Wilson. Obviously the Roughing The Passer penalty on the 2-point conversion wasn't clever, but I like the fact that he plays on the edge, and (whisper it) is even quite a dirty player. We've been too soft for too long on D.

Agree completely. Definitely don’t want him intentionally hurting anyone but I like the nastiness he’s been showing. He went from being an absolute complete bust to, hey this kid has something. Hopefully he can keep it up and keep improving all year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Yesterday has to be the most poorly executed set of screen plays I've ever seen. All of them were total crap.

Thet probably would tend to happen when you are essentially playing spare parts players at 3 of the 5 OL spots.

These guys cant block to save their lives. Two rookie free agent guys and a career journeymen backup guy trying to start at C again.

Too many injuries overall too, it's amazing we've been in all 3 games and arnt 0-3 with 3 lopsided losses.

Injuries aside though, Nolan and Fassel both appear to be busts so far in their new roles here. Both areas are train wrecks.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Thet probably would tend to happen when you are essentially playing spare parts players at 3 of the 5 OL spots.

These guys cant block to save their lives. Two rookie free agent guys and a career journeymen backup guy trying to start at C again.

Too many injuries overall too, it's amazing we've been in all 3 games and arnt 0-3 with 3 lopsided losses.

Injuries aside though, Nolan and Fassel both appear to be busts so far in their new roles here. Both areas are train wrecks.

Nolan and Fassel have been so bad! Based on what Stephen said today about the secondary they are looking squarely at Nolan as the problem. I’d be surprised if he’s still here by week 6.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
worse those were 2 of the most brain dead INTs the kid has thrown

as of know he leads the NFL in ATTs and COMPs and Passing yards, 11th in TD passes :confused:

Wtf? Dude Did you even watch the game or are you just fucking stupid?

His throwing hand got hit from behind and knocked the ball loose. 9 times out of 10, the ball hits the ground and it's ruled an incomplete pass. It was just dumb luck that the dlineman was able to get the ball before it hit the ground, and thereby resulting in an INT. For the most part that INT is not much different from an INT that is tipped by the defender or in some cases the ball bouncing off the receiver. In any of those cases, how are this one braindead? He didn't throw it at the defender.

The second and final INT. On that series, Dak had already gotten sacked on the previous down, making it 3rd and 14, with 16 seconds left, and NO TIME OUTS. The pocket collapsed AGAIN, and Dak should have been sacked, but he escapes it. The throw was a Hail Mary! *shrugs* Those get intercepted or mostly knocked down. They're called Hail Marys for a reason. Wasn't a bonehead throw under those circumstances.

Once again, did you even watch the game? Because it certainly doesn't sound like it.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah not sure how anyone could really complain about Prescott yesterday. He and the WR's were the only reason the game was remotely close.

They got zero help from the OL, defense and ST. I didnt see the game (first regular season game I think I have outright missed in eons) but also sounds like the refs butchered the game too.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Wtf? Dude Did you even watch the game or are you just fucking stupid?

His throwing hand got hit from behind and knocked the ball loose. 9 times out of 10, the ball hits the ground and it's ruled an incomplete pass. It was just dumb luck that the dlineman was able to get the ball before it hit the ground, and thereby resulting in an INT. For the most part that INT is not much different from an INT that is tipped by the defender or in some cases the ball bouncing off the receiver. In any of those cases, how are this one braindead? He didn't throw it at the defender.

The second and final INT. On that series, Dak had already gotten sacked on the previous down, making it 3rd and 14, with 16 seconds left, and NO TIME OUTS. The pocket collapsed AGAIN, and Dak should have been sacked, but he escapes it. The throw was a Hail Mary! *shrugs* Those get intercepted or mostly knocked down. They're called Hail Marys for a reason. Wasn't a bonehead throw under those circumstances.

Once again, did you even watch the game? Because it certainly doesn't sound like it.

In hindsight he probably should have thrown it out of bounds considering it was 3rd down and there still would have been about 4 seconds left on the clock. It still would have ended up being a desperation throw into heavy traffic though. I didn’t have any problem with trying to make a desperation play.

DC4LIF

Spectator
Reaction score
Yeah not sure how anyone could really complain about Prescott yesterday. He and the WR's were the only reason the game was remotely close.

They got zero help from the OL, defense and ST. I didnt see the game (first regular season game I think I have outright missed in eons) but also sounds like the refs butchered the game too.

With Smith & Collins our , our O line’s version of musical chairs just doesn’t cut it. With just one of those guys back , that should help out both Dak & especially Zeke. We have to be able to run the ball for sure !

On D , line is coming along pretty nicely.
Other than that , secondary needs some help for sure with Brown & Awuzie out. Even with them in , still missing a piece. ( Diggs does shows some promise for a rookie though )

Special teams looked like shit ! What a difference a week makes.

Best thing about Sunday was the Fucking Eagles still haven’t won a game yet in 2020!

CRY EAGLES CRY !!!

Top Bottom