icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i want to type this all out to try to see if anyone has heard a different story...

the eagles tried to trade up ahead of us to pick lamb, but the eagles decided not to give up their 2nd rounder to make the leap. then the cowboys picked the eagles HIGHLY coveted 1st round WR. eagles STILL picked the best available WR because it was a pick of need. then in the 2nd round the eagles picked jalen hurts with the pick that they decided to sit on instead of trading up for lamb in the 1st.

glorious, if true

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
i want to type this all out to try to see if anyone has heard a different story...

the eagles tried to trade up ahead of us to pick lamb, but the eagles decided not to give up their 2nd rounder to make the leap. then the cowboys picked the eagles HIGHLY coveted 1st round WR. eagles STILL picked the best available WR because it was a pick of need. then in the 2nd round the eagles picked jalen hurts with the pick that they decided to sit on instead of trading up for lamb in the 1st.

glorious, if true

That’s the way I heard it too. Also heard that Atlanta was pretty dead set on making a pick at 16. It would have taken a lot for them to give up that pick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score

glorious, if true

That's the way I heard it as well. And Eagles fans are on suicide watch because they wasted a 2nd round pick on Jalen Hurts when they could have traded up ahead of us....it's one thing to not want to lose your 2nd round pick but it's a whole nother thing to keep it and waste it on a player that won't see significant playing time and was probably over-drafted.

EDIT: Folks are also saying it was a "Fuck You" to the Eagles for trading up ahead of us to take Dallas Goedert in 2018 knowing we'd probably take him after Witten's retirement. Payback was a bitch......

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
numbas numbas numbas

That means Jerry is trying to talk him in to wear #88. He’s already said he wants to wear #10. Jerry mentioned giving him #88 though. I hope he sticks with #10.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

glorious, if true

Yep, it's true. They were trying to get the Falcons pick (that I know of for sure, the locals mentioned the potential trade) and reportedly told the Eagles they'd have to have their 2nd to do it, and the Eagles said no.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
That means Jerry is trying to talk him in to wear #88. He’s already said he wants to wear #10. Jerry mentioned giving him #88 though. I hope he sticks with #10.

88 looks better for a WR in my opinion.

I'm sure Jerry is thinking of the marketing $$$ associated with it more than anything else, but at the end of the day its just a damn number.

Top Bottom