Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Apparently Zeke has turned down the Cowboys last offer to make him the 2nd highest paid RB in the league.

Fuck it

Let him sit

Then tag him

Twice

After Jeruh went to bat for him against the commish you would think this fucker would be a little more appreciative of everything the team has done for him

Plus Zeke is one misstep away from being indefinitely suspended

Any contract that finally gets worked out better have a ****** clause in it that says Zeke get paid zero and has to pay back the extensions full signing bonus if he gets suspended again for any reason whatsoever

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
In full agreement
This shit rejects this kind of offer after what Jerry did to stand behind his ****** ass!!!
I do believe he should get paid but you have to check the temperature of the water here.
We (the Cowboys) have all the leverage here...I do understand we are not the same team without him but damn there just comes a point...
All in for this year with or without Mr. Elliott
Go Cowboys!!

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
“If” Zeke wasn’t one bad decision away from being permanently suspended then he would easily be paid as the top RB in the league

But all it will take is for his dumbass to make one more mistake and his career in the NFL is over

he has proven that he can’t stop making bad decisions

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
didn't watch, the score was impressive.

Did the Texans roll out their 3rd string all game or something?

touchdown

Defense Wins Championships
Reaction score
I think of the Cowboys blowing away Houston when I hear this song:

Mustang1

0le Ball Coach
Reaction score
I believe Elliott has played his last game as a Cowboy. He has to be questioning his agents advice. If the Cowboys have success running the ball early with their young backs Elliott will really be concerned about his decision to holdout with 2years left on his contract. I am not a Jerry Jones fan but he is fair and loyal to his players. I know everyone has a different opinion about this but I would love JJ to ride this one out for awhile and then call Zekes agent and tell him to look for a trade partner. Get what you can and cut this guy loose. EE is not a team player and will continue to get into trouble off the field. In my opinion the Cowboys can win a SB without Elliott. This team is stacked with talent and depth. Time to move on and let Elliott always wonder what might have been. Go Cowboys!

touchdown

Defense Wins Championships
Reaction score
Zeke hasn't won an NFC championship yet. Or a SB. Hopefully he will see the light and get on board the Cowboy Express.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score

Cowboys released S George Iloka.

He was among several Cowboys cut Friday including OT Jake Campos, WR Reggie Davis, RB Darius Jackson, TE Marcus Lucas, TE Codey McElroy, LB Justin Phillips, K Kasey Redfern, S Jameill Showers. A five-year starter in Cincinnati, Iloka settled for backup work as a Viking last season, notching 16 tackles over 16 appearances including three starts. Look for Jeff Heath and Xavier Woods to open the year as the Cowboys' starting safeties.

Related:

Source: Jon Machota on Twitter

Aug 30, 2019, 4:04 PM ET

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score

Mike Florio of ProFootballTalk on NBC Sports reports the NFL has conditionally reinstated suspended LB Rolando McClain.

An All-American at Alabama, McClain has been out of the league since 2016 while battling a slew of off-field issues including repeated substance abuse violations. The Cowboys still hold McClain's rights, though it's doubtful he ends up playing for them. It's unclear how much interest McClain would garner on the open market in the highly likely event that Dallas cuts him. McClain turned 30 last month.

Source: ProFootballTalk on NBC Sports

Aug 30, 2019, 2:15 PM ET

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score

Calvin Watkins of the Dallas Morning News reports the Cowboys are considering free agent QB Paxton Lynch.

Lynch passed through waivers unclaimed after being let go by the Seahawks on Friday. The Cowboys only have Cooper Rush behind starter Dak Prescott and could certainly add another arm to their quarterback room. Lynch, a former first-round pick out of Memphis, spent last year out of the league after failing to make the Broncos out of training camp.

Related:

Source: Calvin Watkins on Twitter

Sep 1, 2019, 1:04 PM ET

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score

The Fort Worth Star-Telegram's Clarence Hill reports the Cowboys and holdout Ezekiel Elliott are "moving toward a deal."

This meshes with a report from ESPN's Adam Schefter on Saturday that stated talks between the sides were "intensifying." At this point, it certainly looks like Elliott will be signed in time for Week 1, leaving rookie Tony Pollard as a mere handcuff with little-to-no standalone value.

Source: Clarence Hill on Twitter

Sep 1, 2019, 12:26 PM ET

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
4959d29055a5df7e8b54033a5f166d8a.jpg

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score

Cowboys placed OG Connor McGovern on injured reserve with a strained pectoral muscle.

McGovern, who recently suffered a setback in his recovery from a partially torn pec, will be eligible to return later in the season. His roster spot was absorbed by practice squad RB Jordan Chunn, a possible indication that the Cowboys are expecting to be without Ezekiel Elliott when they open their season Sunday against the Giants.

Related:

Source: Todd Archer on Twitter

Sep 2, 2019, 10:31 AM ET

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i don't think la'el wouldve been worth a comp pick .. if la'el was a comp pick he wouldve easily netted the cowboys an extra 3rd right ??

if he was an eligible player for the comp pick formula, then i strongly question signing him at top dollar w/ williams and mcgovern sitting there , both top 100 picks.

does this spell something out for the future of those players? does it tell anything about the future of tyron smith or his injuries?

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
i don't think la'el wouldve been worth a comp pick .. if la'el was a comp pick he wouldve easily netted the cowboys an extra 3rd right ??

if he was an eligible player for the comp pick formula, then i strongly question signing him at top dollar w/ williams and mcgovern sitting there , both top 100 picks.

does this spell something out for the future of those players? does it tell anything about the future of tyron smith or his injuries?
Yeah I wonder about Tyron Smith future but I don't see his replacement on the roster.
Maybe Zack Martin who played the position well at ND?

Sent from my SM-J337P using Tapatalk

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah I wonder about Tyron Smith future but I don't see his replacement on the roster.
Maybe Zack Martin who played the position well at ND?

Sent from my SM-J337P using Tapatalk
tyron was a top 10 pick and theres only a handful of other players in the nfl that are in smith's league talent-wise... so i mean, his replacement might be on the roster, you just might have to squint a little to find him

martin, williams, collins, and mcgovern all played tackle in college right ?

Top Bottom