Bushmaster78FS

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Garrett being fired for any reason after this season is just a pipe dream

With Dak and Zeke along with this O-Line we have enough offensive talent to keep Garrett employed until this O-Line gets torn apart from free agency

Get used to Garrett because he's not going anywhere. Period!

There will always be an excuse
In the past it was Romo's health among many other things
2014 was the Dez non catch
2015 shitty QB play from all 3 QB's
2016 golly gee boss, look what I was able to do with a rookie QB and a no name defense. We were one play away.....

He will always have an excuse to save his job

This 13-3 cemented his future for years! And now he has Dak and Zeke to continue saving his job like Romo has for the last 6 years

This is the truth and it hurts. What team has the longest trophy drought? We might compete with them.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
This is the truth and it hurts. What team has the longest trophy drought? We might compete with them.

There are a number of teams who have never won it all

Eagles
Bills 4 SB Losses in a row(2 to us)
Bengals
Browns - but did win prior to SB era
Jags
Titans
Vikings
Lions
Cards
Falcons - which is why I want them to win it all this year

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
So apparently its come out that the 15 yd penalty on Butler for the substitution thing was the first example anyone has ever seen of that call actually being made.

Correction on this, apparently after further research they did find one example of this being called.

In 1984.

Reaction score
I get that it isn't called often, because quite frankly, its a dipshit penalty for a team to incur.

To have the substitutions so fucked up that a guy runs into the huddle from the sideline, only to find out hes not involved in the play and run immediately off, is a major gaffe. That's on the coaches.

It's like when Joe Gibbs called back to back time outs and got penalized 15 yards. It's a very rare penalty, but its in the rule books and it gets called when its broken.

Reaction score
Honestly I don't even know why fans on twitter and on forums are complaining about that call.

If anything, I'd be upset over the pass interference that looked more like defensive holding, as well as the hold on Irvin on 3rd and 20 that didn't get called. Although that penalty looks blatant in still shots, there's not much there when watching it live.

It was a poorly officiated game all around. But we lost because of Garrett and company.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Honestly I don't even know why fans on twitter and on forums are complaining about that call.

If anything, I'd be upset over the pass interference that looked more like defensive holding, as well as the hold on Irvin on 3rd and 20 that didn't get called. Although that penalty looks blatant in still shots, there's not much there when watching it live.

It was a poorly officiated game all around. But we lost because of Garrett and company.

Agree on all.

The only thing that really bothers me about the Butler call is we see teams do that every week. Players come and go and I've definitely seen players go in, only to turn around and come right back out. I get that its a rule, but if you never choose to enforce any other time, calling it for the first time in 30+ years in a playoff game seems pretty lame to me. That seems like the thing officials would get the word out about in preseason and basically "warn" teams its going to be watched again.

The Brown call and then letting the Irving holding go by not called were definitely huge plays.

But the other mistakes we made, plus coming out playing no defense for a quarter and a half were what lost the game.

Reaction score
Oh I remember the end of 2012. I remember 2013, Kyle Orton et al. I had asked the same question back then, is it worth following this team? Then 2014 happened. And I'm thinking man we were known as an 8-8 team, maybe Garrett will get this right this time. And then 2015 happened, and I watched every painful loss.

Maybe Stephen A. Smith is right we fuck it up when it counts. But media never calls out Garrett.

I loathe having to credit Stephen A, but the truth is the truth. The Cowboys are an accident waiting to happen. It was on full display yesterday at the worst times possible. It is embedded in the psychology of this franchise. Deep down inside they expect to fuck up, and so it manifests itself EVERY FUCKING TIME there is an sort of importance. The asinine spike that almost single handedly won the game for GB, as well as Jones fucking up his coverage where even high school players would not fuck that up on 3rd & 1,000,000, is just the latest example confirming it. It sucks, but it is what it is, and won't end until the culture changes with the passing of Jerry.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Don't worry guys, Garrett is already on the job for 2017:
Todd Archer
ESPN Staff Writer

Jason Garrett wants the Cowboys to use the disappointment of Sunday's loss to Green Bay "to fuel the fire to what we want to accomplish in 2017."

Bushmaster78FS

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Dudes, out of curiosity, I looked up Bill Belichick's stats for the 17 seasons he has been with NE. Impressive. He has a 5-11 start in 2000 and he was 16-0 by 2007. 7 years he has 3 rings. And what does Ginger have in 7 years? Fuck that guy.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Dudes, out of curiosity, I looked up Bill Belichick's stats for the 17 seasons he has been with NE. Impressive. He has a 5-11 start in 2000 and he was 16-0 by 2007. 7 years he has 3 rings. And what does Ginger have in 7 years? Fuck that guy.

You just don't understand what's being built here and what the process entails.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I had forgot about the dung heap of a game. Shit I really don't want to see our guys out there playing and possibly getting hurt to fuck up next season. I wish they'd cancel this game forever.

With Sunday's loss to the Green Bay Packers, the Cowboys staff will coach the Pro Bowl. It's the third straight season they will work a postseason all-star game. Two years ago they coached the Pro Bowl and last year they coached in the Senior Bowl.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score

Callused hands from clapping so damn much?

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I get that it isn't called often, because quite frankly, its a dipshit penalty for a team to incur.

To have the substitutions so fucked up that a guy runs into the huddle from the sideline, only to find out hes not involved in the play and run immediately off, is a major gaffe. That's on the coaches.

It's like when Joe Gibbs called back to back time outs and got penalized 15 yards. It's a very rare penalty, but its in the rule books and it gets called when its broken.

Plus they allow a play to be run, which is pointless since its a pre snap penalty. The whistle should have been blown and the penalty enforced immediately imo. Had they run the same play that got called back and it had the same result, they pick up a first down. Instead GB sees the play burn them making it less likely to succeed back to back

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Mason Crosby entered the day 0-of-4 on potential game-tying or go-ahead kicks of 50 yards or longer in the fourth quarter or overtime, he went 3 for 3 yesterday.

Top Bottom