dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
So apparently its come out that the 15 yd penalty on Butler for the substitution thing was the first example anyone has ever seen of that call actually being made.

Reaction score
Please let Atlanta win this whole thing.

Please let them play New England and win. I want to see Brady pouting.

Worst case scenario is Green Bay vs Pittsburgh

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
We ought to have a lot of cap room, but we also have like 20 UFA's.

Of those UFA's who will actually be retained though? I would assume Wilcox is resigned. I think they covet the compensatory pick they'll get from losing Leary more than they want to bring him back.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
And I don't buy that Tony could have gotten rid of Garrett but didn't want to. Maybe so -- who really knows. But I don't think Jerry would fire the puppet he'd dreamed about for a decade+ even for Tony.

I think it's more likely Tony is the only reason Jerry yanked playcalling from Garrett and made him hire an OC in the first place. I think that probably happened at Tony's request. Put it this way: If Tony had told Jerry how much he loved Garrett's OC work, Linehan never would have been hired. Because by all accounts at the time, Garrett never wanted to give up playcalling at all.

Tony was here before Garrett.

Tony made the Cowboys relevant again.

Tony was the one filling the stadium.

The #9 jersey was one of the hottest selling in all of sports at the time.

Tony had proven that he could win without Garrett, but Garrett could not, and still cannot win without Tony and now Dak. Tony getting hurt exposed Garrett for the fraud to the rest of the NFL, but what we've always known him to be.

So yes... Tony had influence and I believe he could have gotten Garrett out of here.

I was one of Romo's staunchest defenders to the very end. I had always maintained that Romo and the Cowboys would be alright if he just got a more competent coach. I stopped defending him after the third 8-8 season, when Romo threw his support behind Garrett. That told me right there that Romo was fine with the status quo and not serious about winning.

Reaction score
Spiking the ball and burning a down with one timeout left should be the last coaching decision Ginger ever makes at any level.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
So apparently its come out that the 15 yd penalty on Butler for the substitution thing was the first example anyone has ever seen of that call actually being made.

FIGURES. So in other words, what Butler did every team HAS BEEN DOING EVERY WEEK and the refs have not been enforcing it, but they decided to wait and call it on the Cowboys right then and there. But the refs are not out to get the Cowboys. What are the chances we see that call made again?were just waiting for the Cowboys to

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Spiking the ball and burning a down with one timeout left should be the last coaching decision Ginger ever makes at any level.

We always knew that it would come down to Garrett. Always.

7 years and counting: 2 playoff appearances, and 1 playoff win. A 13-3 season WASTED. Yet he will keep his job. He has been here longer than any HC not named Landry. We're heading into Jeff Fisher futility.

Bushmaster78FS

In the Rotation
Reaction score
We always knew that it would come down to Garrett. Always.

7 years and counting: 2 playoff appearances, and 1 playoff win. A 13-3 season WASTED. Yet he will keep his job. He has been here longer than any HC not named Landry. We're heading into Jeff Fisher futility.

You know, I'm not complaining, but after this gutting loss and kick in the gut, seeing how he is so inept using his weapons, I wonder what's the point watching this team anymore? I have been following on and off until 2013 and that's when I dove in hardcore, I forgave and forgot the 2014 and 2015, but what is his excuse to waste the talent we have and great regular season record, being one of the best in the NFL? We are destined to have these letdowns with his incompetence for many years to come but thanks to our dumb, football illiterate cheerleading fan base, we pat these losers on the butt and say better luck next year, for the 22nd time.

Bushmaster78FS

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Also I kind of hope that 2017 season to be a healthy but a losing season so that the dumbfuck Ginger is exposed and put on the hot seat but we all know that won't happen.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
You know, I'm not complaining, but after this gutting loss and kick in the gut, seeing how he is so inept using his weapons, I wonder what's the point watching this team anymore? I have been following on and off until 2013 and that's when I dove in hardcore, I forgave and forgot the 2014 and 2015, but what is his excuse to waste the talent we have and great regular season record, being one of the best in the NFL?

Wait, so you missed the 2011 1-4 season ending collapse and the 2012 final game loss to miss the playoffs?

If so, consider yourself lucky.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I forgave and forgot the 2014 and 2015, but what is his excuse to waste the talent we have and great regular season record, being one of the best in the NFL?

Garrett is not inept. The players simply didn't beat the men in front of them. Because that's what it's all about right? Beating the man in front of you. Seven years and still has no concept of being a coach.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Also I kind of hope that 2017 season to be a healthy but a losing season so that the dumbfuck Ginger is exposed and put on the hot seat but we all know that won't happen.

Garrett being fired for any reason after this season is just a pipe dream

With Dak and Zeke along with this O-Line we have enough offensive talent to keep Garrett employed until this O-Line gets torn apart from free agency

Get used to Garrett because he's not going anywhere. Period!

There will always be an excuse
In the past it was Romo's health among many other things
2014 was the Dez non catch
2015 shitty QB play from all 3 QB's
2016 golly gee boss, look what I was able to do with a rookie QB and a no name defense. We were one play away.....

He will always have an excuse to save his job

This 13-3 cemented his future for years! And now he has Dak and Zeke to continue saving his job like Romo has for the last 6 years

Reaction score
Yeah that fluke 2014 season was the worst thing to happen to this franchise since the Irvin career ending injury.

Bushmaster78FS

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Wait, so you missed the 2011 1-4 season ending collapse and the 2012 final game loss to miss the playoffs?

If so, consider yourself lucky.

Oh I remember the end of 2012. I remember 2013, Kyle Orton et al. I had asked the same question back then, is it worth following this team? Then 2014 happened. And I'm thinking man we were known as an 8-8 team, maybe Garrett will get this right this time. And then 2015 happened, and I watched every painful loss.

Maybe Stephen A. Smith is right we fuck it up when it counts. But media never calls out Garrett.

Top Bottom