Bushmaster78FS

In the Rotation
Reaction score
9403af7a39fd39a1b9d4e2e29cc3f784.jpg

Anyone wanna drink these with me? They are 21 years old but they should be still good.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
People blame Romo for bonehead Romo plays, not for the losing. Bonehead Romo plays were just a continuing symptom of the Ginger disease. Fortunately Dak doesn't commit nearly the number of bonehead plays Romo specialized in.

Yet because of Garrett, the results are all the same.

Bushmaster78FS

In the Rotation
Reaction score
He's a very rich white guy. He's not dying anytime soon. T5hey live forever. He'll out live all of us, and your grandchildren. See how long Al Davis lasted? Almost 100 years. We have at least 30 more years of him. Maybe longer with the improvement of technology.

Therefore I'm not excited about next year. Same ol same ol ...

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
People blame Romo for bonehead Romo plays, not for the losing. Bonehead Romo plays were just a continuing symptom of the Ginger disease. Fortunately Dak doesn't commit nearly the number of bonehead plays Romo specialized in.

Actually, he deserves blame for the losing too. Because he obviously signed off on Garrett to Jones himself, and Jerry always did what Tony wanted.

If Romo wanted Garrett replaced with a real HC, he'd have done it. All he had to do was say "I'm not signing a contract extension or freeing up cap space" and Jones would have waxed him.

Instead, Romo liked the buddy buddy lifestyle he and Garrett had, and loved the idea that there was no real offensive system he had to adhere to. If Romo wanted freedome to change all the run calls to passes, he had it.

And lastly, I don't think "winning" ever meant as much to Romo as it did to people like Staubach and Aikman. Romo didn't hold teammates accountable for lackluster work ethic or not putting time in. He was happy being one of the guys, being on the field and playing the game.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Actually, he deserves blame for the losing too. Because he obviously signed off on Garrett to Jones himself, and Jerry always did what Tony wanted.

If Romo wanted Garrett replaced with a real HC, he'd have done it. All he had to do was say "I'm not signing a contract extension or freeing up cap space" and Jones would have waxed him.

Instead, Romo liked the buddy buddy lifestyle he and Garrett had, and loved the idea that there was no real offensive system he had to adhere to. If Romo wanted freedome to change all the run calls to passes, he had it.

And lastly, I don't think "winning" ever meant as much to Romo as it did to people like Staubach and Aikman. Romo didn't hold teammates accountable for lackluster work ethic or not putting time in. He was happy being one of the guys, being on the field and playing the game.
Can't really argue with any of this, but surprised to see you post it. It could merely be that Romo is a victim too, a buy-in to the Ivy League Ginger crap like Jerry and so many others are, they can't see him for what he really is.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm trying to decide if this was worse than 2007

Seems like it is right now. I knew we were in trouble in 2007 with Romo and especially Owens being hurt, but the NYG had a really good team in 2007. Offense and defense, they were good.

I kinda felt like we were clearly better than Green Bay and they did have many more injuries to overcome than we did, plus we were at home this time unlike 2014 when we lost to them.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Can't really argue with any of this, but surprised to see you post it. It could merely be that Romo is a victim too, a buy-in to the Ivy League Ginger crap like Jerry and so many others are, they can't see him for what he really is.

Its nothing I haven't ever said before. I firmly believe everything I put there.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Garrett used Romo. Garrett knew that Romo held his future in his hands. That buddy-buddy was by design. Them appearing at Duke and Maverick b-ball games to me was as worse as the infamous Cabo trip.

I never saw McCarthy and Rodgers hanging out like that.

Never saw Belicek and Brady hanging out like that.

Never saw Dungy and/or Kubiak and Manning. No Coughlin and Manning. No Carroll and Wilson, etc. You get the drift.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
And the irony... Romo will be the one that is gone. Yeah I blame fucking Romo. Because now as Romo moves on, Garrett gets to stay and ruin another good player in Dak.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Alex Smith is playing well, but these Chief receivers are garbage. Dropping everything.

FU Pittsburgh

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
9403af7a39fd39a1b9d4e2e29cc3f784.jpg

Anyone wanna drink these with me? They are 21 years old but they should be still good.

I was there, told my buddy we had to go because it would be the last Super Bowl we'd see until jeri was 6 feet under

22 years and counting....

Reaction score
This is a special team with a loser coach. There's pages of material that can be written about all the mistakes Ginger made from the opening kickoff to the end. Playoff football comes down to great coaching almost more than anything else. Dallas won't advance until that issue is fixed. Garrett could lose in the divisional round with a pro bowl team.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
And just when I thought the day couldn't get any worse the Steelers win

Fuck shit crap motherfucker

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
This is a special team with a loser coach. There's pages of material that can be written about all the mistakes Ginger made from the opening kickoff to the end. Playoff football comes down to great coaching almost more than anything else. Dallas won't advance until that issue is fixed. Garrett could lose in the divisional round with a pro bowl team.

Not so sure that is even true. How about just some basic fucking COMMON SENSE? That should be sufficient, especially with the assemblage of talent on this team. I know that's setting the bar low, but a common sense approach --- don't need a great coach, when a COMPETENT one would do wonders.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
And the irony... Romo will be the one that is gone. Yeah I blame fucking Romo. Because now as Romo moves on, Garrett gets to stay and ruin another good player in Dak.

Maybe just maybe Dak will turn into the next "Jerry's Golden Boy" and have some real influence with him like Romo "could have"

Hopefully Dak will realize that the failed ending to this season was on Garrett and he can talk Jerry into getting rid of Red one day

Top Bottom