dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Damn, the Giants' O is pathetic.

That's why I wanted to play them so bad. We could have scored 20 and probably won easily against them, plus they'll turn the ball over and their OL sux.

GB doesn't turn it over much at all and their OL can really pass protect. We'll probably need to score 30 again to win against them, I doubt we hold them to 16 like last time.

Reaction score
This will be tough but it's not like things would be much better against Atlanta the next week. Gotta beat good teams to advance.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Green Bay has scored 30+ in 5 straight games now. Three of those five were 38 against Seattle, Minnesota and NYG

Last edited:
Reaction score
Green Bay has score 30+ in 5 straight games now. Three of those five were 38 against Seattle, Minnesota and NYG

They played mostly shit teams all season but they looked damn good today.

I hope their RB and jordy nelson can't go for sure. Fuck playing them at full strength.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Coaching has a whole week to figure out what to do to beat Packers.
That's actually a huge disadvantage, given our coaching. But coaching is the secondary problem to personnel matchups. Their offense vs. our shit defense is a huge matchup problem for us.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Doesn't matter. Not like Ty Montgomery is Leveon Bell. We are beating them. We didn't get to 13-3 by mere luck.

We absolutely did! Our luck was on taking a flyer on Dak because the rest of the QB's we wanted were gone, then having him turn out to be a rookie record breaking machine!

Pure luck

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
That's why I wanted to play them so bad. We could have scored 20 and probably won easily against them, plus they'll turn the ball over and their OL sux.

GB doesn't turn it over much at all and their OL can really pass protect. We'll probably need to score 30 again to win against them, I doubt we hold them to 16 like last time.

I'd rather face the Packers. Our O is comparable to theirs; but we have the upperhand on D believe it or not. For whatever reason the Giants have our number on defense. We just can't solve it.

The X factor and the key to the game is ball-control. We have that in spades.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
So basically they're calling it even. -3 is usually what you'll get for playing at home.

I bet it goes down this week too, probably end up being 1 or 2 pt favorites at best. Everyone is going to jump on Gb with re hot Rodgers over a team led by a rookie 4th rd pick.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
We absolutely did! Our luck was on taking a flyer on Dak because the rest of the QB's we wanted were gone, then having him turn out to be a rookie record breaking machine!

Pure luck

The draft is a lot of luck for everyone, not just us.

The fact is we DID pick him. Everybody else in the league could have had him too. Cleveland passed on him 8 times.

Wasn't exactly like "we just took a flyer" either. There were countless stories from the time of the Senior Bowl through draft weekend about how much the Cowboys liked Prescott (much to the dismay of many at the time)

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score

The fact is we DID pick him. Everybody else in the league could have had him too. Cleveland passed on him 8 times.

Wasn't exactly like "we just took a flyer" either. There were countless stories from the time of the Senior Bowl through draft weekend about how much the Cowboys liked Prescott (much to the dismay of many at the time)

But not enough till pick #135.

It was luck. Even with the talk about the Cowboys spending more time with the Miss St head coach and inquiring about Dak, it was luck.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'd love it if we did, but I don't see it.

Rodgers is on fire right now.

The running game. That's how we did it last time. Grind it out, and no team does it better. Let Dak be Dak. Those teams that lost to the Packers... look at their running game or lack thereof. That's the key. You try to out duel Rodgers, you will lose. If Garrett does that shit that he did in New York against the Giants --- de-emphasizing the run game, and basically de-emphasizing Zeke, the Cowboys will lose.

The only worry I have is Garrett.

Nobody is giving the Cowboys a chance now. That's fine. Nobody gave them a chance when they went up in Lambeau in week 5 with a 4th round rookie.

Reaction score

Right, but if Denver had accepted out offer, Paxton Lynch would be here... Or Connor Cook if Oakland hadn't traded up to take him right before Jerry. We got lucky those deals turned out the way they did.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Right, but if Denver had accepted out offer, Paxton Lynch would be here... Or Connor Cook if Oakland hadn't traded up to take him right before Jerry. We got lucky those deals turned out the way they did.

I've heard that Elway was saying that if they didn't land that trade that got them Lynch they were going to draft Dak in the 2nd round.

Last edited:

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Just like we got lucky and ended up with Martin over Manziel.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I've heard that Elway was saying that if they did land that trade that got them Lynch they were going to draft Dak in the 2nd round.

Wow. So both Dak and Romo almost could have been Broncos?

Top Bottom