Reaction score
Packers "defense" for Elliott will be Aaron Rodgers.

If they take the lead early, our own coaches likely make him a non-factor.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Los Angelas Chargers is fucking stupid and the new logo is pure shit.

The Spanos are the NFL equivalent of slum lords. All they do is cash rent checks and dont put a nickle back into the product. Gonna be playing to a half empty stadium when the new one opens. I cant think of anything LA is less interested in.

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Packers "defense" for Elliott will be Aaron Rodgers.

If they take the lead early, our own coaches likely make him a non-factor.
It's a long game. We must NOT abandon the run until absolutely necessary. If we do that we just get Rodgers and our D back on the field quicker and dig ourselves an even bigger hole.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
It's a long game. We must NOT abandon the run until absolutely necessary. If we do that we just get Rodgers and our D back on the field quicker and dig ourselves an even bigger hole.

With Zekes ability to run, block and catch screens out of the backfield, seems to me, he should be on the field almost every offensive play

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
With Zekes ability to run, block and catch screens out of the backfield, seems to me, he should be on the field almost every offensive play

No way.

Lance Football Dunbar has been in on our third down sets a lot this year, and he's done a really, really good job. He's a really, really good football player, and we're going to keep using him in all three phases of our third down offense.

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
No way.

Lance Football Dunbar has been in on our third down sets a lot this year, and he's done a really, really good job. He's a really, really good football player, and we're going to keep using him in all three phases of our third down offense.
Jason Garrett endorses this message.

3f0e51a3cd4d7020f803a18f2aa145bb.gif

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Someone who didn't know better could read some of the commentary here and conclude we were actually 3-13 and a total train wreck this year.

I think the 4-12 season shell shocked a lot of us and the majority of us have learned to lower our expectations in preparation for a Romo/Garrett let down

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
No way.

I stand corrected

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I think the 4-12 season last 20+ years shell shocked a lot of us and the majority of us have learned to lower our expectations in preparation for a Romo/Garrett let down

FYP

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Cassell was a veteran that had some success as a starter in the league. Not great but he would never have started ever if he was as bad other places as he was in Dallas. Didnt he win 11 games when Brady was out for the season in NE?

Sure he did. For a team that went 16-0 the previous year and coached by one of the best coaches ever with one of the best rosters in the league. Remind us what year that was again though.

QB guru Garrett couldnt do anything with a veteran that knows the game.

Who cares if he "knows the game" The fact is he couldn't PLAY the game. He was fucking horrible dude.

Weeden was worse in Dallas than other places. That is significant. Both of these guys played their worst ball in Dallas, with Red. So how confident can you be that those guys you mentioned would fare any better with Red?

Actually Weeden wasn't THAT bad. Hindsight is 20/20, but they should have just stuck with him last year instead of switching to rag arm Cassel and while the season still would have been bad, it wouldn't have been a catastrophe (of course the downside to that is this years draft wouldn't have played out the way it did, so clearly the 4-12 was worth it)
None of this is just a bash on Red. Its just how things are. The more he has shown the more its obvious his coaching ability isnt all that great.

I've never said he was great. All I said was you cant blame someone for all the bad stuff and then give zero credit when good stuff happens.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I think the 4-12 season shell shocked a lot of us and the majority of us have learned to lower our expectations in preparation for a Romo/Garrett let down

Prescott isn't Romo

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
How are you pasting GIFs in your posts, none of the GIFs I try to post ever work

Good. Seeing one GIF of that red clapping clown is enough. Just watching that makes me want to punch him thru my screen. Ill be watching our games and enjoying it then the camera goes to the red clown and I find my enjoyment level drops immediately just having to look at him.

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Good. Seeing one GIF of that red clapping clown is enough. Just watching that makes me want to punch him thru my screen. Ill be watching our games and enjoying it then the camera goes to the red clown and I find my enjoyment level drops immediately just having to look at him.
Oops. No more GIFs of the red clapping clown. Got it. Sorry.

Top Bottom