LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
They beat us twice this year and GB is on fire right now. Bad situation either way.

It's funny how all the talking heads bring up how the Giants beat the Cowboys twice and thus would likely beat them a third time. But when it's the Cowboys that beat a team twice, they all switch it up and claim how hard it is to beat a team for a third time after beating them twice.

Yes, the Giants beat us twice this year, just like we beat them twice in 2007... what happened?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
They beat us twice this year and GB is on fire right now. Bad situation either way.

They beat us by a total of 4 points. Two plays the other way and we would have swept them.

I'm sure they'd give us a tough game again, but I really believe we'd beat them if we meet again.

Green Bay worries me a little more because of their offense, but Green Bay's defense is garbage.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I would rather face Green Bay than the Giants at this point

I wouldn't. For all the talk about how "NYG figured us out", our defense pretty much "figured them out" too. People forget they only scored 30 points in two games against us. This last game their offense made one play the entire game.

I don't see them holding us under 21 points if we play them again, and I don't see them having much chance of scoring 20+ on us.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
That would send a GreenBay to us with confidence. Dammit. I guess we gotta beat them again. Let's hope Giants will rough them up to second strings. Detroit won't beat Seattle. Not happening.

I wouldn't be so sure. Seattle is awful right now and their OL is garbage. The defense isn't the same and they really miss Earl Thomas.

Bushmaster78FS

In the Rotation
Reaction score
It's funny how all the talking heads bring up how the Giants beat the Cowboys twice and thus would likely beat them a third time. But when it's the Cowboys that beat a team twice, they all switch it up and claim how hard it is to beat a team for a third time after beating them twice.

That is Stephen A. Smith to the core.

Bushmaster78FS

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I wouldn't be so sure. Seattle is awful right now and their OL is garbage. The defense isn't the same and they really miss Earl Thomas.

Rooting for Detroit heavily this weekend then. Don't have a fave in the NYGvsGB game. I'd hope for a beat up broken GB with a confused Rodgers coming to Dallas.

I don't know who that #22 RB was for GB last night but man that guy is some slow sluggish lard ass, I would hope we can stop him pretty good.

Bushmaster78FS

In the Rotation
Reaction score
the winner of that game is gonna have a shitload of confidence going into Dallas

Not really. They could be banged up furthermore and they are not going to play on their home turf. Momentum could mean something but a rested team is much better in my opinion.

Bushmaster78FS

In the Rotation
Reaction score
If we face the Packers, our WR squad should play to win their matchups. GB will surely try to stop the run, therefore leaving our WRs with their banged up CBs. We will win that game.

Bushmaster78FS

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Thought I read somewhere we have the most wins in the league vs teams with winning records and vs other playoff teams.

Doesn't mean we'll roll to a championship or anything, but we've beaten some good teams.

It should mean something when you have beaten a winning GB, a Baltimore and a Pittsburgh team, a Minnesota team on the road, it is usually a fluke when Cowboys does it though right? Not the other way around, when Aaron Rodgers wins, he is A-rod, when Boys win, they got lucky. I hope we break a lot of hearts this year.

Reaction score
There's a lot of differences between this year and that year. The Giants defense is good, but their pass rush from the front 4 was much better in 2007. Offensively, they were a far better team too.

For us, I think there's a big difference in the mentality between how Prescott prepares himself and how Romo did in 2007 (Cabo). Romo and TO also entered the playoffs banged up. Our OL and running game is eons better than 2007 too. The other big plus is I think this coaching staff is better than the 2007 team's by a significant amount.

Agreed. There are more varied plays, game management, and urgency on offense than in 2014. There was this ignorant arrogance in 2014 that nothing needed to be changed game to game and we would just keep "taking what the defense gave us". Except for a few times this year in the Vikes, 2nd Giants, and the 2nd Redskin game, the offense has been attacking the defense and not waiting for the opposing defense to error in coverage. You can see the stark difference: in the Garrett 9-route "beat the man across from you/risk your QB", Beasley is not emphasized and is often sent on distance routes. But things change in the offense once there is urgency (usually in the late third quarter) and Beasley gets used in short area. The offense becomes more effective in the running game as the coverage expands wide and since the time from snap to pass shortens dramatically like Linehans offenses are supposed to, there is less beating on Dak. Dallas can relax and dictate instead of barely surviving 3rd and 10 (like the Garrett/Romo gamble in 2015 and 2010-2013).

I still worry more about the Packers, they can score on offense, Rodgers can buy time and elude very good rushes - which we don't have. But as much as I thought that Linehan beat Capers in the first game, the commentators in the GB/Lions game were surprised that Capers had the explosive Lions offense figured out. Well, guess what? We run that same offense and Capers was ready for Jim Bobs scheme. Now our running game is better but the Lions WRs are better athletes side by side than ours. They don't have a Dez but they aren't restricted by having a Dunbar or a TWilly on the team either.

All that to say, don't want to face GB again but I have full confidence we will not lose to the Giants again. It's been close in both games where we played freakishly bad.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I wouldn't. For all the talk about how "NYG figured us out", our defense pretty much "figured them out" too. People forget they only scored 30 points in two games against us. This last game their offense made one play the entire game.

I don't see them holding us under 21 points if we play them again, and I don't see them having much chance of scoring 20+ on us.

I think it's funny how most of the people here were afraid to face the Redskins again. Truly the definition of a front-running team.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Colin says Cowboys aren't going to the super bowl because our opponents are tougher now...

https://www.facebook.com/TheHerd/videos/1946104538944069/

Well doesn't this same reasoning apply to the other teams as well?

Same stupidity of how it's hard for one team (Cowboys) to beat a team a third time after beating them twice; but... once a team has been beaten twice (Cowboys) by one team, it's even harder for that team to win, and thus likely to get beaten a third time. Just more moving of the goal ;post to suit their Cowboys' hatred.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It should mean something when you have beaten a winning GB, a Baltimore and a Pittsburgh team, a Minnesota team on the road, it is usually a fluke when Cowboys does it though right? Not the other way around, when Aaron Rodgers wins, he is A-rod, when Boys win, they got lucky. I hope we break a lot of hearts this year.

Vikings' fans are still butt hurt over their loss. Talking about how they would have won were it not the muffed fumble. I asked them, why were the Cowboys able to overcome Dak's fumble?

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Agreed. There are more varied plays, game management, and urgency on offense than in 2014. There was this ignorant arrogance in 2014 that nothing needed to be changed game to game and we would just keep "taking what the defense gave us". Except for a few times this year in the Vikes, 2nd Giants, and the 2nd Redskin game, the offense has been attacking the defense and not waiting for the opposing defense to error in coverage.

You noticed that all three of those games were nationally televised.

Bushmaster78FS

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Vikings' fans are still butt hurt over their loss. Talking about how they would have won were it not the muffed fumble. I asked them, why were the Cowboys able to overcome Dak's fumble?

Yeah because we punched them in the mouth, diminished their playoff hopes and helped Detroit and GreenBay. Well it is 21º in Minnie right now as I am there. They can enjoy some hot chocolate and watch Dallas beat Packers/Giants/Detroit in two weeks.

Last edited:

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Vikings' fans are still butt hurt over their loss.
Ones of those who are old enough (and even a lot who are not) are still butthurt over the Hail Mary playoff game, still insisting that Drew Pearson pushed off. Being butthurt is what they do, it's generational.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Ones of those who are old enough (and even a lot who are not) are still butthurt over the Hail Mary playoff game, still insisting that Drew Pearson pushed off. Being butthurt is what they do, it's generational.

Well the KFAN personality, Paul Allen, who also does the Vikings' radio play by play, hates the Cowboys period. He's from the D.C. area, and so he's originally a Redskins' fan, and so he take his snipes at the Cowboys from that standpoint.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Yeah because we punched them in the mouth, diminished their playoff hopes and helped Detroit and GreenBay. Well it is 21º in Minnie right now as I am there. They can enjoy some hot chocolate and watch Dallas beat Packers/Giants/Detroit in two weeks.

When the Cowboys played up here, you would have thought it was a home game for the Cowboys. Knew there were a lot of Cowboys' fans but not that many.

Top Bottom