LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I feel like the theme of the draft was overall toughening up. They got strong athletic defensive players who play with speed and violence. I wonder if the plan this year is to play with more ground and pound on offense and defense?

I feel like parts of this draft were apologies:

Maliek Collins was an apology for having Nick Hayden
Charles Tapper was an apology for Randy Gregory
Kevon Frazier was an apology for Jj Wilcox and Barry Church
Anthony Brown was an apology for Claiborne
Ezekial Elliot was an apology for Joseph Randle, Christine Michael, Robert Turbin and not having a plan for the loss of Murray.
Darius Jackson was an apology for short yardage and red zone

But next year we will need an apology for Prescott and Jaylon Smith in the second round.

Hopefully this bodes well this time next year an apology for Garrett, but I will not hold my breath.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
WTF

[video=youtube;IZhUNlw5NqY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZhUNlw5NqY[/video]

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I had no idea who he was really, just clicked on the thread over there at CZ and saw it.

I guess he thinks its over.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I liked Shaq Lawson for us had we ended up moving down quite a bit, but from strictly an athletic standpoint this is pretty interesting. I wonder if Tapper had been at Clemson in their front 4 scheme instead of what OU asked him to do (and vice versa) if things would have been different on draft day.

Tapper
6'2 1/2" 271 lbs
4.59 (40-yard)
1.59 (10-yard split!)
DNP (3-cone)
34" (vertical)
9'-11" (broad)
23 reps (bench)
34 3/8" (arms)

Lawson
6'2 1/2" 269 lbs
4.70 (40-yard)
1.64 (10-yard split)
7.16 (3-cone)
33" (vertical)
10' (broad)
DNP (bench)
32 3/4" (arms)

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I liked Shaq Lawson for us had we ended up moving down quite a bit, but from strictly an athletic standpoint this is pretty interesting. I wonder if Tapper had been at Clemson in their front 4 scheme instead of what OU asked him to do (and vice versa) if things would have been different on draft day.

Tapper
6'2 1/2" 271 lbs
4.59 (40-yard)
1.59 (10-yard split!)
DNP (3-cone)
34" (vertical)
9'-11" (broad)
23 reps (bench)
34 3/8" (arms)

Lawson
6'2 1/2" 269 lbs
4.70 (40-yard)
1.64 (10-yard split)
7.16 (3-cone)
33" (vertical)
10' (broad)
DNP (bench)
32 3/4" (arms)

I like Lawson too but from everything I've been reading Tapper is much more athletic. Both DL the Cowboys got seem to be raw but very athletic. It should be fun to see if Marinelli can get the best out of them.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
[video=youtube;eFZ4F4IF-gA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFZ4F4IF-gA[/video]

I see her winter fat got her through hibernation

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
there's a difference between old and over the hill. he can still play. let's wait to see him fail before replacing him with some rookie from Buttsex, Idaho.

No kidding. People are dreaming if they think Jerry is going to cut his MackFadden. He never fails to mention him when the running game is brought up, while barely mentioning Morris or even former pet project Dunbar. Barring injury -- which could happen -- the Razorback will be here.

I'm just wondering WTF we drafted that RB in the fifth round. I don't care what his SPARQ (puke) was, there's no room for him here.

And on that, did guys you hear Jerry and Garrett's reasoning on the end of the draft guys? Jerry actually said at the PC he was going to turn that question over to the one who learned from "The Master, Jim Garrett" :lol :lol, but then he answered the same way: You look for players that you would target as undrafted free agents but who you might have a hard time recruiting to your team.

So for instance you take a RB in the draft who wouldn't come here of his own volition because we already have too many RBs.

I mean, you can't make this stuff up. Of all the dumb stuff I've heard Jerry say, this is one of the very worst.

Reaction score
WTF

[video=youtube;IZhUNlw5NqY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZhUNlw5NqY[/video]

Oh here. Let me set up this camera and record my natural and not at all pre-planned reaction to our draft pick!

Corny ass shit is that....

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
NY Daily News

DALLAS COWBOYS

Despite the hype around Ohio State running back Ezekiel Elliott, it's hard to justify Dallas taking him fourth overall ahead of Florida State corner Jalen Ramsey, who filled a bigger defensive need and played a far more valuable position.

You let that go, though, because the Cowboys filled their defensive needs later, scoring defensive line help in DE Charles Tapper and DT Maliek Collins. And if Notre Dame linebacker Jaylon Smith recovers from the torn left ACL and MCL that led him to fall into the second round, he'll be the steal of the draft. Add in seventh-round sleeper Rico Gathers, an ex-Baylor basketball player (and we know how those hoops stars often turn out in the NFL), and Jerry Jones had a solid haul that should keep the Cowboys in division contention.

GRADE: B-plus

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
We will see what the NY Daily News thinks about the Cowboys picking Zeke when he's running the ball down their throats this year.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
There you go dbair and others... You're cheering the Elliott at 4 decision with the likes of Shango and Kristy.

That's who you side with? Who you share an intellect with?

Okay then.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
No kidding. People are dreaming if they think Jerry is going to cut his MackFadden. He never fails to mention him when the running game is brought up, while barely mentioning Morris or even former pet project Dunbar. Barring injury -- which could happen -- the Razorback will be here.

I'm just wondering WTF we drafted that RB in the fifth round. I don't care what his SPARQ (puke) was, there's no room for him here.

And on that, did guys you hear Jerry and Garrett's reasoning on the end of the draft guys? Jerry actually said at the PC he was going to turn that question over to the one who learned from "The Master, Jim Garrett" :lol :lol, but then he answered the same way: You look for players that you would target as undrafted free agents but who you might have a hard time recruiting to your team.

So for instance you take a RB in the draft who wouldn't come here of his own volition because we already have too many RBs.

I mean, you can't make this stuff up. Of all the dumb stuff I've heard Jerry say, this is one of the very worst.

lol sounds a lot like kidnapping.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
There you go dbair and others... You're cheering the Elliott at 4 decision with the likes of Shango and Kristy.

Okay then.
It's a "win now" type of pick. Versus with Ramsey that would have been a "building for the future" type pick. So as a "win now" type pick, it's a good one.

But it's very clear to me that Jerry's won the arguments he had with his motley crew after they talked him out of drafting Manziel. Remember Jerry telling them "you're assuring more 8-8?" This idiotic idea that Jerry's ceded any control at all to Stevie or McClay went right in the crapper when that #4 pick was announced.

This is plain ole pure and simple Jerry grabbing the candy on the eye-level shelf, instead of the roast beef on the top shelf.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
So when Romo gets injured this season would you rather Moore step in or would you want Dak to be the #2 guy that we have to count on to win us a couple games while Romo heals up?

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
So when Romo gets injured this season would you rather Moore step in or would you want Dak to be the #2 guy that we have to count on to win us a couple games while Romo heals up?

Hell no, at least not this year. I'd still like them to bring in a vet like Foles, McCown (when/if he's cut), or Hoyer. At least bring them in for 1 year. Give Dak at least 1 year to start learning the NFL game. Although if Dak comes into training camp and performs as good as Russell Wilson did his rookie camp (doubtful) then just go with 2 QB's.

Reaction score
[video=youtube;eFZ4F4IF-gA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFZ4F4IF-gA[/video]

I see her winter fat got her through hibernation

First comment on Kristi's video on the youtube page is ....

Lol imo you need D

Astute observation of Kristi there youtube commenter.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Okay then.

yeah but I liked the pick because I think he makes the team better, not simply because he was the name on the card we turned in.

Top Bottom