dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Further proof that drafting Zeke Elliott was a homerun move for us:

That CZ idiot YakuzaRich hates the move and was in love with drafting a DB instead.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Further proof that drafting Zeke Elliott was a homerun move for us:

That CZ idiot YakuzaRich hates the move and was in love with drafting a DB instead.

Actually surprised me. Never seen him critical of the team.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
From Clarence Hill

10. Look for the Cowboys to focus on defense in the second and third rounds on Day 2 of the draft on Friday. Jerry Jones said there a few players on still on the board who have first-round grades. Names to watch include Baylor defensive tackle Andrew Billings, Alabama defensive tackle A’Shawn Robinson, Oklahoma State defensive end Emmanuel Ogbah, Clemson cornerback Mackensie Alexander, Eastern Kentucky defensive end Noah Spence, LSU cornerback Jalen Mills, Clemson defensive end Kevin Dodd and Baylor cornerback Xavien Howard.

Read more here: JUST CHILL: 10 Thoughts from Draft Day 1, look ahead to Day 2  | The Star-Telegram

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Wonderlic

New Dallas Cowboys running back, taken with the No. 4 overall pick, scored a 32 out of 50, the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reported.

The paper reports: The average score of the first running backs taken in the last 10 drafts was 17.2. Other than Steven Jackson who scored 28 in 2004, almost none of the leading backs have even approached Elliott's score in the last 15 years.

Reaction score
But think what an incredible 180 they've done since less than a year ago. Then they were so arrogantly confident that they could let Murray go and anyone, even a known dummy like Randle, could run behind this line. Now eight months later they can't even wait until the second round to get a RB; they have to get the best one in the draft to recreate their one good year.

Just shows me how all over the map they are and how there's not really some overriding multi-year plan in place.

Yeah.

I don't think the team is rudderless. My guess is that there are too many rudders in the water.

I assume that Stephen won the RB decisions last year (on the grounds of fiscal responsibility and his fixation with "value").

This year Garrett was in the enviable position of having to talk Jerry into drafting a "wow player" in Elliott. That's not a tough sell.

I like the pick, though. I think Elliott will be a difference maker.

I might have preferred getting a top defensive player at #4 and taking Henry in the 2nd, but mostly I'm relieved that the Cowboys secured a top notch RB. I believe this team is perfectly set up for one.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
From Clarence Hill

10. Look for the Cowboys to focus on defense in the second and third rounds on Day 2 of the draft on Friday. Jerry Jones said there a few players on still on the board who have first-round grades. Names to watch include Baylor defensive tackle Andrew Billings, Alabama defensive tackle A’Shawn Robinson, Oklahoma State defensive end Emmanuel Ogbah, Clemson cornerback Mackensie Alexander, Eastern Kentucky defensive end Noah Spence, LSU cornerback Jalen Mills, Clemson defensive end Kevin Dodd and Baylor cornerback Xavien Howard.

Read more here: JUST CHILL: 10 Thoughts from Draft Day 1, look ahead to Day 2  | The Star-Telegram

Man, I would love if pick 34 was used on A'Shawn Robinson or Andrew Billings. I think Bullard will be the pick though. 3rd needs to be Ronald Blair.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Broaddus saying they probably wont take a QB until 4th round.

I think taking a QB beyond the 2nd round is a complete waist of a pick. At best the guy would be a career backup. If they're just looking for a backup I'd rather they wait until McCown, And Foles are cut or just go out and sign Hoyer. At this point I would rather they just wait until next year and draft one in the 1st round.

Reaction score
Man, I would love if pick 34 was used on A'Shawn Robinson or Andrew Billings. I think Bullard will be the pick though. 3rd needs to be Ronald Blair.

Mr. B has 880 posts on the forum. And literally all of them mention Ronald Blair.

Reaction score
Dodd or Ogbah... One of them will be there when we pick.

I could even get on board with Spence as long as we don't trade up. He sent his last 20 some drug screens to every team. He took what he knew would be an issue and met it head on. That has to help.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Just like the 1st round pick they are going to get a really good player. No matter if it's Bullard, Ogbah, Dodd, or one of the DT's. Just stay where you're at.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Good. Sit and take BPA at 34. Plenty of good ones left.

No, Jerry needs to make a splash. "We heard a rumor that so and so was after our guy!!! Shut up and take our third round pick!!"

Top Bottom