junk

UDFA
Reaction score
If you guys aren't watching the NFL network's online stream, you are missing out. Ike Taylor is hilariously bad.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Maybe we take Conner Cook at 34 If AZ dont take him

Sent from my two thumbs using Tapatalk

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
History isn't on Lynch or Denver's side though. Apparently the latter stages of the 1st round is the dead zone for QBs. Historically those taken in the late half of the draft don't fare too well.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
Name: Ezekiel Elliott

Position: RB

College: Ohio State

Height/Weight: 6-0 / 225

Honors: An All-American in 2015, Elliott was the Big 10 Offensive Player of the Year in rushing for 1,821 yards with 23 touchdowns.

Key Stat: Not only is Elliott tied for first on Ohio State’s list of 200-yard rushing games with five, but he’s the only player in school history with three runs from scrimmage of at least 80 yards.

How He Helps the Cowboys: Elliott probably makes the biggest Day 1 impact of any player in this draft, other than possibly Laremy Tunsil, who would start right away at right tackle. But if the Cowboys were to take him at No. 4 overall, or even a few spots later in a potential trade-back, it screams he is ready to take over as the starter immediately, leapfrogging both Darren McFadden and Alfred Morris. He can get tough yards, he can be a home-run hitter, he catch the ball and he can block. A player like Elliott never needs to leave the field.

Scout’s Take: Able to catch the ball in his hands. Adjust. Explosive start-stop quickness. Can plant his foot and take off. Soft hands. Takes the ball and reads quickly. Can make the first man miss. Avoids tacklers. Is always looking for space. Physical lead blocker. Reads blocks well. Knows how to set them up then cut. Can catch the ball and turn up the field. Outstanding blitz pickup. Runs with balance. Can turn the corner and work up the sideline. Patience as a runner. Let's blocks develop and then attacks. Runs through arm tackles. Can run in and out of trouble. -- Bryan Broaddus
Breaking arm tackles and understanding how to use your blockers is what I look for. The fact that he is a very good, willing blocker may save Romo's ass next season.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Was on my phone earlier so couldn't post much. But damn, how stupid is it to say in advance that if we take offense in the first we have to take defense in the second, and vice-versa? That's just idiotic. If they thought Lynch, for example, was a true franchise QB, the player they took in the first shouldn't make any difference.

Just seems like Jerry's old tactic of trying to please all his coaches by handling out prizes to them. Absolutely ridiculous.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Warroom apparently emptied out now, trade up was for Lynch but they couldn't get deal done

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Was on my phone earlier so couldn't post much. But damn, how stupid is it to say in advance that if we take offense in the first we have to take defense in the second, and vice-versa? That's just idiotic. If they thought Lynch, for example, was a true franchise QB, the player they took in the first shouldn't make any difference.

Just seems like Jerry's old tactic of trying to please all his coaches by handling out prizes to them. Absolutely ridiculous.

It apparently wasn't true though, they were definitely trying to get back into 1st rd. Now they've apparently left after Lynch got picked.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The way things are going Miles Jack might be there st 34

Sent from my two thumbs using Tapatalk

Top Bottom