Reaction score
In fact Tex Schramm had told Jerry and Jimmy not to bother with Nate, said he was a lost cause. And yeah, we got Gesek as a discard essentially from the raiders, for a 5th round pick in 90. Coaching makes a heckuva difference in performance too.

As does having the greatest RB of all time make you look like an All-Pro.

Reaction score
Word is Dak Prescott is coming to VR for a visit now.

Stevie says "there's a number of QB's outside of first round we like"

Really do not want us to select Prescott.

I don't know about the rest of you guys but I have exactly zero confidence that the brain trust in the front office are capable of identifying a diamond in the rough QB that all the other, better and more experienced front offices overlooked. And that is playing devil's advocate that Garrett and Wilson are actually competent at their jobs.

On the flip side, even if lightning struck and we found a decent QB prospect in the later rounds, which would be akin to finding a three legged ballerina for this management staff, we know that it won't matter much anyway because we have Garrett and Wilson who will "coach" this player.

Yeah, only shot at getting a QB good enough to overcome the coaching deficiency is to take one of the blue chippers. I am saying right here and now that if they don't this team will suck for at least another decade. That is my prediction and I am sticking to it.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I totally agree

When Tony leaves the game we will struggle for a couple years even if we get Wentz/Goff in here. If we end up with any other QB besides maybe Lynch we will be in a downward spiral similar to what the Browns have experienced trying to solve their QB situation

I fully expect to suck badly when Romo retires or gets injured badly enough to be forced to retire

The only real question is how long will we have to suffer! A couple years if we take Wentz or Goff now, or a decade or more if we don't

It's really that simple

The only exception is of we suck bad enough the season Romo retires to end up with the #1 overall in the following draft. Then we might only suck for 2-3 years.

But fear not, we will suck, we will be miserable, but in the end we should end up with a new head coach!

Sent from my two thumbs using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yes, the coaching is marginal at best ... so that's a problem, but a young QB could do worse than playing behind the Dallas OL. The WR group is decent. Add a higher quality RB to take some of the heat off .... It isn't a terrible situation.

Reaction score
Dak Prescott has all the markings of a fraternity hazing prank where the victim, gullible Jerry and Stephen, are being subtly convinced that one of the worst QBs available in the draft, Prescott, is somehow worthy of a day 1or 2 pick. The Combine was not a good showing for Prescott at all. I didn't have any idea who he was at the Combine until I watched a QB that is not a controlled marksman: he's just a pudgy athlete that got assigned to a QB role. Not a natural. His highlight reel is really just a bunch of rushing TDs.
How does he fit anywhere on the Cowboys except on the Matt Johnson anointed auxiliary bench.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
20 years of 8-8 isn't already sucking badly?

I'd say that is sucking mediocrely.

Sucking badly would at least get you a top pick. So we did suck badly last year but not the last 29 years.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Dak Prescott has all the markings of a fraternity hazing prank where the victim, gullible Jerry and Stephen, are being subtly convinced that one of the worst QBs available in the draft, Prescott, is somehow worthy of a day 1or 2 pick. The Combine was not a good showing for Prescott at all. I didn't have any idea who he was at the Combine until I watched a QB that is not a controlled marksman: he's just a pudgy athlete that got assigned to a QB role. Not a natural. His highlight reel is really just a bunch of rushing TDs.
How does he fit anywhere on the Cowboys except on the Matt Johnson anointed auxiliary bench.

I don't want Prescott either but to be fair he did play really well at the Senior Bowl. I just see Quincy Carter when I look at Prescott.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm not calling him a bum. I just think we have higher priorities.

Question: It looks like both QBs are going to be gone by the time Dallas drafts at 4. If Bosa and Ramsey are the next two to go, which one would you rather have?

Gosselin: I've said repeatedly the three most pressing needs of the Cowboys this offseason are pass rush, pass rush and pass rush. Having whiffed in free agency, the Cowboys can't afford to whiff in the draft. The Cowboys need to find about 20 sacks this offseason. If you pass on Bosa, I'm not sure where the Cowboys can find someone to put a dent in that number. Like I said, I wouldn't be adverse to the Cowboys taking pass rushers with each of their first two picks, one on the inside and one on the outside. If you can't rush the passer in this league, you can't win. And right now, the Cowboys can't rush the passer.

He's right, and that's why I'd take Bosa over Ramsey too

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
20 years of 8-8 isn't already sucking badly?

If we don't fix our QB situation now we will all be longing for the days when we went 8-8 on a regular basis once Romo is gone

We will be regulated to much worse than 8-8 without a QB fix

We will be Cleveland bad for many years!

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I'd say that is sucking mediocrely.

Sucking badly would at least get you a top pick. So we did suck badly last year but not the last 29 years.
No, it's 'sucking badly' exactly because it keeps you sucking - you get middle of the round picks. Compound that with our total inability to break the string by trading UP significantly, and you have it continuing.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Wait till we go 4-12 for 9-10 years and see how you feel

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
No, it's 'sucking badly' exactly because it keeps you sucking - you get middle of the round picks. Compound that with our total inability to break the string by trading UP significantly, and you have it continuing.

I get what you mean. In a way meant the same thing. The worst thing you can do is be mediocre. The Cowboys have been mediocre for 20+ years. If you're not going to be really good you have to be really bad, especially when you have an old broke down QB. So sucking badly would actually be better than being mediocre. They finally sucked badly enough to remedy the backup and future of the QB position. I would prefer that they trade down for Lynch instead of trading up for Goff but however they do it they need to grab a QB while they are in this position. If they fail to do so this team has just enough talent to keep them 8-8.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Wait till we go 4-12 for 9-10 years and see how you feel

Like 5-11 for three straight season? People seem to have forgotten how painful those teams were to watch. We even got a behind the scenes look at the train wreck thanks to HBO.

Top Bottom