Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
If both Wentz and Goff are gone before we pick at 4, the decision could come down to Bosa or Ramsey. I guess Jack could be in that discussion as well, but that seems awfully high to take a guy who might be stuck playing strong OLB and nickel as a rookie (plus he has the knee concern). So IMO it'd be Bosa or Ramsey.

We need the DL upgrade, but the team might take Ramsey anyway because they could think (probably correctly) that they have a better chance of nabbing quality DL help later (due to depth of the position) compared to taking Bosa at 4 and then trying to find the right DB later.

Jack is strictly a WOLB. I saw a writeup on him and he barely had to fight off blocks; and when he did, the results weren't pretty.

That's why the rumors that Dallas likes both Jack and Ramsey. But Ramsey more. Are true

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Jack is strictly a WOLB. I saw a writeup on him and he barely had to fight off blocks; and when he did, the results weren't pretty.

That's why the rumors that Dallas likes both Jack and Ramsey. But Ramsey more. Are true

Broaddus saying he thinks Bosa will be the pick

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
i%20am%20so%20excited%20pic.jpg

I reported your evil doings to the proper DCU authorities.

I would be expecting a harsh punishment if I were you.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Bosa is not worth the #4 overall pick. If the first three are gone... trade down.

Some are saying he's the best player in the draft, so it seems that would make him worth the 4th pick to me.

Mosley I believe was saying yesterday he firmly expects them to trade down now though.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Davis doesn't mention it (might not know) but Stephen already had publicly said if a franchise QB were there at 4, we'd take one.

sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2016/03/23/national-analyst-jerry-jones-putting-smokescreen-comes-qb-plans-4

NFL Network analyst Charles Davis recently joined the Rich Eisen Show to talk about the NFL, the draft and other various topics. The conversation moved towards the Cowboys and their plans for the No. 4 overall pick and Davis shared his feelings on what the Cowboys are really wanting to do with that pick. Here's what he had to say:

He can throw up as much of a smokescreen as he wants, I don't think people are going to believe him anyway. I think people are going to go worst-case scenario: Hey, I'm thinking Dallas is going to take a quarterback. That's what I would believe in all the draft rooms. Even if we took Jerry at his word -- I said it in the beginning, half-joking, but I think I'm really more convicted of it -- we haven't heard Stephen Jones say that.

And Stephen Jones was the reason, and deservedly so, should get a lot of credit for them not taking Johnny Manziel. Because I think [Jerry] wanted to turn in the card on Manziel. I've talked to enough people around there, Stephen did a heck of a job lobbying out of that. They got Zack Martin instead, a terrific player, and we see what's happened with Johnny Football. So, Stephen's got a little bit more caché with the old man, even more so now. But I haven't heard Stephen say it. And until I hear Stephen's version, or him stand on the table and say 'We're not taking a quarterback,' I'm not prepared to go there yet.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Davis doesn't mention it (might not know) but Stephen already had publicly said if a franchise QB were there at 4, we'd take one.

sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2016/03/23/national-analyst-jerry-jones-putting-smokescreen-comes-qb-plans-4

NFL Network analyst Charles Davis recently joined the Rich Eisen Show to talk about the NFL, the draft and other various topics. The conversation moved towards the Cowboys and their plans for the No. 4 overall pick and Davis shared his feelings on what the Cowboys are really wanting to do with that pick. Here's what he had to say:

He can throw up as much of a smokescreen as he wants, I don't think people are going to believe him anyway. I think people are going to go worst-case scenario: Hey, I'm thinking Dallas is going to take a quarterback. That's what I would believe in all the draft rooms. Even if we took Jerry at his word -- I said it in the beginning, half-joking, but I think I'm really more convicted of it -- we haven't heard Stephen Jones say that.

And Stephen Jones was the reason, and deservedly so, should get a lot of credit for them not taking Johnny Manziel. Because I think [Jerry] wanted to turn in the card on Manziel. I've talked to enough people around there, Stephen did a heck of a job lobbying out of that. They got Zack Martin instead, a terrific player, and we see what's happened with Johnny Football. So, Stephen's got a little bit more caché with the old man, even more so now. But I haven't heard Stephen say it. And until I hear Stephen's version, or him stand on the table and say 'We're not taking a quarterback,' I'm not prepared to go there yet.

I still think if Wentz is there they'll take him. If not they will be looking to make a trade to get Lynch in the bottom of the 1st.

onlyonenow

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Some are saying he's the best player in the draft, so it seems that would make him worth the 4th pick to me.

Mosley I believe was saying yesterday he firmly expects them to trade down now though.

just because he might be the best player in THIS draft does not make him worth that high a pick.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I think if Lynch makes it to 25 and past the Rams, Bills and Jets there is a chance the Cowboys would trade back up in to the 1st round to get him. Seattle at 26 and Green Bay at 27 are potential trading partners.

Whichever QB is still there at 15 won't make it past the Rams. That is pretty my guaranteed

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I was 100% convinced we would go D with the #4 pick. But the more I think about it the more I'm optimistic that we might actually take a QB

we have quietly been patching up some holes and filling the gaps in FA. No big names but somewhat solid guys.

We kinda have a pass rush now. We added a decent RB who should take the starting job from McFadden.

But the only place we haven't even attempted to improve on is QB. We didn't even schedule a visit with RGIII.

I'm starting to think it's because they know they are going to take the best QB on the board at #4!

Then address our secondary with our 2nd round pick

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Possible, but who have we signed? The best player is a 1-tech, which we'd never take at #4 overall anyway. The others are backups (Morris) and projects (the 240 lb end).

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
just because he might be the best player in THIS draft does not make him worth that high a pick.

The draft is relative to the players in it. Not to other drafts.

If he's the best player in THIS draft, he's certainly worth the 4th pick overall.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Whichever QB is still there at 15 won't make it past the Rams. That is pretty my guaranteed

NFL Network mentioned rumors that the Rams and Cowboys are talking a trade. Could the Cowboys get the Rams 2nd this year and 1st next year to allow them to move up to 4? If that does happen i think the Cowboys take Lynch at 15.

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
Realistic expectations for the new adds:

Mayowa - 17.5 sacks, 47 TFL
Morris - 1618 yards, 24 TDs
Thornton - 9 sacks, 23 TFL, 3 TDs

Greg Jackson good for at least 2 wins as well

Top Bottom