dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I cant recall what they thought of Thompson last yr, but its well known they were going to pick Shazier two years ago if Pitt hadn't grabbed him.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I cant recall what they thought of Thompson last yr, but its well known they were going to pick Shazier two years ago if Pitt hadn't grabbed him.

I don't recall if I read it or heard it on one of the Cowboys podcasts, but they reported Shaq would have been the pick. Supposedly Shaq's agent had assurances that Shaq would be our pick as well. Carolina took him 25th, we took Byron 27th.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Carson Wentz with Steve Mariucci

[video]http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine/0ap3000000639625/Carson-Wentz-goes-to-school-with-Mooch[/video]

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm thinking there will be at least 1 stud DT there at 34.

Mayock thinks there are DT's that some years would have been 1st or early 2nd rd picks available well into the 3rd and 4th rd this year

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'm thinking there will be at least 1 stud DT there at 34.

Yep, in this year's draft, we should be able to land a defensive starter at 34, regardless of which direction we go at 4.

Andrew Billings DT Baylor
Sheldon Rankins DT Louisville
Kenny Clark DT UCLA
Kevin Dodd DE Clemson
Darron Lee OLB Ohio State
Eli Apple CB Ohio State
William Jackson III CB Houston
Keanu Neal S Florida

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Yep, in this year's draft, we should be able to land a defensive starter at 34, regardless of which direction we go at 4.

Andrew Billings DT Baylor
Sheldon Rankins DT Louisville
Kenny Clark DT UCLA
Kevin Dodd DE Clemson
Darron Lee OLB Ohio State
Eli Apple CB Ohio State
William Jackson III CB Houston
Keanu Neal S Florida

I'm really hoping they take a DT at 34. This team needs an upgrade over Hayden pretty bad.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
fucking Browns

Jeremiah: Wentz over Goff as first quarterback drafted

By Chase Goodbread
College Football 24/7 writer
Published: March 1, 2016 at 07:12 p.m.
Updated: March 1, 2016 at 07:56 p.m.

The debate over which quarterback will be the first selected in the 2016 NFL Draft -- North Dakota State's Carson Wentz or Cal's Jared Goff are the expected contenders -- will rage from water coolers to war rooms for the next two months.

"Path to the Draft" previews the 2016 NFL Draft by providing in-depth expert analysis of the top prospects and each teams' needs.

And in the season debut of NFL Network's "Path to the Draft" on Tuesday, opinions dissented there as well. NFL Media analyst Daniel Jeremiah made a strong case for Wentz, who acquitted himself well at the NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis.

"(At the Senior Bowl) the Dallas Cowboys got a real good look at what could be their potential quarterback if the Cleveland Browns pass on him at No. 2, which I don't think they will," Jeremiah said. "I think Carson Wentz ends up being the first (quarterback) picked. He's bigger than Goff, he's got a better arm than Goff, he can move around and do some things that Goff can't do, and he's coming out of a pro system."

Goff played at a higher level of competition than Wentz and is considered the more polished passer of the two, and NFL Media analyst Charles Davis leans toward the former Pac-12 star.

"I like Goff as my No. 1 guy, a little bit ahead of Wentz," Davis said. "I like what he's done at the college level. People talk about his wiry build and frame; we had the same questions about Teddy Bridgewater. Goff answered the bell all the time."

Fortunately for both quarterbacks, there is no shortage of teams picking early in the draft that could be in the market for a quarterback. Along with the Browns and Cowboys, who could use a rare opportunity of a top-five pick to invest in Tony Romo's eventual replacement, the San Diego Chargers (No. 3 overall) could use the same logic to add an apprentice for veteran Philip Rivers.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Why is Lynch no longer in the discussion?

I like Lynch a lot. I think you can get him a little later in the draft. I think he needs a lot of work and we don't have the guys (Garrett, Wade Wilson) to help him.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Why is Lynch no longer in the discussion?

I think Lynch is still very much in play if they trade back. A trade with the Rams at 15 would be a perfect place to draft him.

Top Bottom