SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
What the hell is Elway thinking? This has disaster written all over it.

I don't know.
I mean,Kubiak's version of that offense likes to move the pocket out wide.He made Brian Griese,Jake the Snake,Schaub all look decent.
Kaep can do all the moves required right up to the throw the ball accurately part.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Long time fan of Kubiak's system, and you're right that it will bring out the best in marginal QBs (see Matt Schaub). But I still don't think CK is a guy you want leading your franchise. His mentality bothers me as much as anything. That's the part I don't get about Denver wanting him.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Despite signing running back free agent Alfred Morris, if draft workouts are any indication the Cowboys are not done upgrading at that position.

UCLA running back Paul Perkins announced while on SiriusXM NFL Radio that he had a workout with the Cowboys two weeks ago and that he would soon be back in Dallas for a visit next week with the team.

UCLA RB @Prime_Perk_24: I have an upcoming visit w/the #Eagles & the #Cowboys next week. I also had a workout with the Cowboys 2 weeks ago.
— SiriusXM NFL Radio (@SiriusXMNFL) March 31, 2016

The 5-foot-11, 210-pound back rushed 237 times for 1,343 yards and 14 touchdowns last year for the Bruins, his junior season. He also was a threat to catch the ball out of the backfield, grabbing 30 catches for 242 yards and a TD in his junior campaign.

Perkins is a guy is like to see drafted to replace Dunbar. Even if the Cowboys draft Kenneth Dixon or Devontae Booker in the 2nd I'd still like to see them take Perkins with one of their 6th round picks. I think Perkins could end up being the primary kick returner and 3rd down back.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Ezekiel Elliott has a Super feeling about the Giants.

When asked Friday about where he might want to land in this April’s NFL Draft, the prized Ohio State running back didn’t hesititate.

“That would definitely be a great spot for me,” Elliott said on Fox Sports South’s “The Panel,” via Giants Daily. “I can see it now: Eli, Odell and then me − that’s a three-headed monster right there.

“I think we’d give everyone a run for their money. I think we could go win a Super Bowl pretty early.”

Talk about confidence.

But remember the Giants have Rashad Jennings, Shane Vereen, Andre Williams and Orleans Darkwa, who each have a “unique skill set,” according to offensive coordinator Mike Sullivan.

I have to admit, Elliott on the Giants is a pretty scary thought. And I don't who they currently have on the roster, Elliott is better than any back they currently have.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Mosley mentioned Artie Burns for us in round two the other day. I noticed today Daniel Jeremiah has Burns going late 1st rd to the Chiefs now.

He also had Jared Goff lasting till pick 15 to the Rams and Paxton Lynch lasting till pick 31 to the Broncos.

Jeremiah has us taking Joey Bosa at 4.

He better hope he ends up being a successful CB in the NFL. With a name like Burns he'll never hear the end of it if he ends up sucking.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
This guy has been compared to Randall Cobb. Does everything. Dangerous returner as well.

[video=youtube;vwRyTLxD9nI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwRyTLxD9nI[/video]

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
This guy has been compared to Randall Cobb. Does everything. Dangerous returner as well.

[video=youtube;vwRyTLxD9nI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwRyTLxD9nI[/video]

What round is he being projected?

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
2nd-3rd. Ranked in the top 10 for WRs by Brugler.

If he's there at the top of the 3rd I'd probably take a chance on him. Challenge Williams for the 2nd WR spot and return kicks or punts. I think this team needs a serious upgrade at all three spots.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Perkins is a guy is like to see drafted to replace Dunbar. Even if the Cowboys draft Kenneth Dixon or Devontae Booker in the 2nd I'd still like to see them take Perkins with one of their 6th round picks. I think Perkins could end up being the primary kick returner and 3rd down back.

Booker is too old

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Drake would be replacement for Dunbar

What round would you take him in? I'd rather go after Paul Perkins in the 6th as a replacement for Dunbar. Even though they signed Morris I still think they need a workhorse type back. A guy that can start over Morris. I also still think there's a chance that neither Dunbar or McFadden make the team.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Don't know how accurate, but one internet rumor is Dallas exploring how to move up to #1 to get Mr Wentz

:towel

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
We've met with the top QBs, Macklenberg, Dak and also NC State QB Jacoby Brissett.

Tell you the truth, this Brissett guy is very intriguing. He's like a bigger version of Dak Prescott and acquitted himself very well against Florida State (2014) and Clemson the last 2 years.

Mixed opinions in the scouting community on him. NFL.com guys love him while CBSsports guy think he won't develop beyond being a capable backup.

Top Bottom