wyvrn

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Hate not having a third but love that we improved the trenches.

Agree that Lawrence was the best speed rusher left. However, there hasn't been this run on DL in the second as some predicted. The Cowboys likely would have gotten two good DL instead of one, if they just stayed at home with their picks and took the best DL available at each spot.

Reaction score
I basically hate everything goodell has done to the draft. Introducing former players to announce 2nd round picks? Give me a fucking break.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Agree that Lawrence was the best speed rusher left. However, there hasn't been this run on DL in the second as some predicted. The Cowboys likely would have gotten two good DL instead of one, if they just stayed at home with their picks and took the best DL available at each spot.

Could be, but we wanted Lawrence and I bet Danny tipped us off.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I basically hate everything goodell has done to the draft. Introducing former players to announce 2nd round picks? Give me a fucking break.

At least he shortened it up.

Fuck, it used to take for fucking ever.

Guess it still does, likely because the league asks teams to utilize the clock so commentary can ensue and they can stretch it out as long as possible.

That shit that happened when the clock ran out and teams were scrambling to the table was fucking awesome.

Instead of a coin toss they should have feats of strength or bare knuckle fights to determine draft order. Imagine the tied teams going on the clock and the team who wins the match gets to pick. Be fucking awesome.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I hope they do move back into the 3rd round. Only 10 total DL off the board. 9 in 2013 1st round alone.

Supposed to be a stacked draft, get someone.

wyvrn

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Could be, but we wanted Lawrence and I bet Danny tipped us off.

If they felt he really had a 1st round grade, then it wasn't a bad trade for them. We'll see in 2 to 3 years how it turns out. But their history of wasting picks and trading up means they also need quantity in this draft, so the loss of a 3rd hurts.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
If they felt he really had a 1st round grade, then it wasn't a bad trade for them. We'll see in 2 to 3 years how it turns out. But their history of wasting picks and trading up means they also need quantity in this draft, so the loss of a 3rd hurts.

Yeah, well I guess we were willing to risk it.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Grade so far...A-

Two good players. One starter for sure. Lawrence will play passing downs and probably every down by season's end. Downgraded for giving up a 3rd (a starter) in such a deep draft.

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
spencer would play on the other side..and that fuck isnt ever playing again..not at a high level

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

S Jones said in his radio interview they had two guys they liked in round two to be a pure RDE, and that Lawrence was rated significantly higher than the other. He said it was a franchise priority to come away with an impact rush guy either in round 1 or 2, and since they took Martin yesterday Lawrence was their guy for today and they wanted to make sure they got him.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
lawrence will start immediately...who the fuck else would start over him?

I think it depends on how well he plays vs the run. Maybe he does start out initially mainly rushing the passer, but if that's true he still plays 60% or more of the snaps.

Top Bottom