Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Wilcox = raw but incredibly talented kid. The dreaded "p" word (potential).
Williams = great deep threat. Not a talented route runner IMO. Want to see him catch in traffic better as well.
Escobar = extremely talented pass catching TE. Protects us from a slowing-down Witten.
Frederick = big, strong center. Struggles in space.

All 4 good players.

The problem is we have awful Guards, an aging defensive line, and no real talent at RB besides Murray. We have made some luxury picks today.

I look it as that we have a lot of dead weight that needs to be replaced.

bkeavs

UDFA
Reaction score
Wilcox = raw but incredibly talented kid. The dreaded "p" word (potential).
Williams = great deep threat. Not a talented route runner IMO. Want to see him catch in traffic better as well.
Escobar = extremely talented pass catching TE. Protects us from a slowing-down Witten.
Frederick = big, strong center. Struggles in space.

All 4 good players.

The problem is we have awful Guards, an aging defensive line, and no real talent at RB besides Murray. We have made some luxury picks today.

Why is it so hard for the others here to understand that CMD????

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
We have as talented a QB/RB/2 WR/TE combo as anyone in the league. It means crap if people keep slugging Romo in the mouth. Frederick helps some, much more help needed. Williams does one thing really well, runs a fly route. I hope Romo has time to get him the ball. I imagine we are going to have a lot of 3rd and longs once again.
I will not get excited or think the Cowboys are better until they fix the line. One player with a third round grade is not going to block everybody, it doesn't matter if he was picked in the first.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I look it as that we have a lot of dead weight that needs to be replaced.

true. Williams could replace the often injured and high-priced Austin.
Escobar a weapon now and long-term replacement for Witten.
Wilcox needs a year or two probably.
Frederick starts by default, allows us to move on from uber jags like Costa and Ryan Cook.

Are you saying we're playing for 2014?

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
true. Williams could replace the often injured and high-priced Austin.
Escobar a weapon now and long-term replacement for Witten.
Wilcox needs a year or two probably.
Frederick starts by default, allows us to move on from uber jags like Costa and Ryan Cook.

Are you saying we're playing for 2014?

I've been saying that we're not close to doing much of anything this year. I think it's going to be at least a 2 year haul.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
lol

dbair: "JJ Wilcox is smart!"

bkeavs: "He couldn't make it into a state college."

dbair: "Well, he's very instinctive on the football field!"

scouting report: "not instinctive at all."

So much fail.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I will not get excited or think the Cowboys are better until they fix the line. One player with a third round grade is not going to block everybody, it doesn't matter if he was picked in the first.

3rd round grade....whatever.

What if Tyron smith is better in his second year at lt, Frederick is excellent at center, clabo is signed at rt and possibly Brandon Moore is signed, leaving Mack or whoever at right guard.

With a whole bunch of new weapons?

You are going on record today that the offense is not better? Even if we don't sign Moore.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The Utah State defensive coordinator, now Wisconsin Secondary coach, talked up Will Davis for an hour at the Phoenix area coaching clinic. Showed us a ton of film on him.

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
3rd round grade....whatever.

What if Tyron smith is better in his second year at lt, Frederick is excellent at center, clabo is signed at rt and possibly Brandon Moore is signed, leaving Mack or whoever at right guard.

With a whole bunch of new weapons?

You are going on record today that the offense is not
better? Even if we don't sign Moore.
So the answer is more overpriced, underperforming free agents that needs to be replaced every two years? Yeah that is working great. To top it off Clabo is not signed
and they can't afford him. I will.go on the record and say that the line is far from being fixrd and nothing will change until that happens.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Who gives a shit if we get Clabo or Winston? They're one-year quick fixes at most. Whoopdeedoo.

Top Bottom