VAcowboy

Practice Squad
Reaction score
You know what would be awesome?

If someone like Barkley fell to us at 18, and a team like, oh, I don't know, the Jaguars decided to trade up with us, offering their 2nd rounder this year and a first next year.

We'd have #33 and #49 in the second. Plus a likely top 10 next year.

Would you do it?

In a heartbeat.

junk

UDFA
Reaction score

If someone like Barkley fell to us at 18, and a team like, oh, I don't know, the Jaguars decided to trade up with us, offering their 2nd rounder this year and a first next year.

Would you do it?

Yes. I love the second round.

2 - Shariff Floyd - DT - Florida
2 - Dallas Thomas - OG/OT - Tennessee
3 - Stepfan Taylor - RB - Stanford
4 - Malliciah Goodman - DE - Clemson
5 - Aaron Mellette - WR - Elon
6 - Zach Boren - FB/LB - Ohio State

Plus a high first next year? Jacksonville wouldn't do it, but that would be nice.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Would you do it?

Depends, probably but would need to see who we had a chance to draft.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Yes but we've had bad luck with this type of move. Both the Bills and Browns had better than expected seasons after trading us their # 1 pick.

Saying that, I think we'd be relatively safe with Jacksonville.

I'm not so sure. They notified their assistant coaches yesterday they can all seek other jobs, which means the new front office there is getting prepared to shitcan Mularkey, who is an awful HC.

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
1. Johnathan Hankins, DT, Ohio State
2. Travis Frederick, C/OG, Wisconsin
3. Justin Pugh, OT/OG, Syracuse
4. Kenjon Barner, RB, Oregon
5. Aaron Mellette, WR, Elon
6. Quanterus Smith, Western Kentucky

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
1. Johnathan Hankins, DT, Ohio State
2. Travis Frederick, C/OG, Wisconsin
3. Justin Pugh, OT/OG, Syracuse
4. Kenjon Barner, RB, Oregon
5. Aaron Mellette, WR, Elon
6. Quanterus Smith, Western Kentucky

I like it. Although the drafting of Pugh means we'd need to move Tyrone back to RT.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
A QB I like next year if we don't get Glennon this year is Mississippi State's Tyler Russell. Tall, has a strong arm that he can fit balls into tight windows. Although he had a meltdown in his team's bowl game this year.

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
I like it. Although the drafting of Pugh means we'd need to move Tyrone back to RT.

You think Pugh is an NFL LT? He's 6'5" and sub 300 pounds, isn't he?

I'd be fine flipping Tyron back to RT though.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
You think Pugh is an NFL LT? He's 6'5" and sub 300 pounds, isn't he?

I'd be fine flipping Tyron back to RT though.

A knock on Pugh is that he needs to better his strength and yeah, he's about 295lbs.

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
A knock on Pugh is that he needs to better his strength and yeah, he's about 295lbs.

Yeah, he seemed like a guard in the NFL to me. I like the idea of a guard with LT feet. Give you a good guy that could move out there if needed in a pinch.

Marshal Yanda, for example.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Yes. I love the second round.

2 - Shariff Floyd - DT - Florida
2 - Dallas Thomas - OG/OT - Tennessee
3 - Stepfan Taylor - RB - Stanford
4 - Malliciah Goodman - DE - Clemson
5 - Aaron Mellette - WR - Elon
6 - Zach Boren - FB/LB - Ohio State

Plus a high first next year? Jacksonville wouldn't do it, but that would be nice.

You have something against safeties?

Reaction score
Georgia QB Murray staying for senior year Georgia junior QB Aaron Murray announced he is returning for his senior season.
"Not ready to leave just yet," Murray tweeted. "Time to get back to work and help lead this team to a championship." We think this is the right call, since Murray does not have an all star game to attend in the hopes of separating himself form the crowd of top two-round quarterbacks.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Georgia QB Murray staying for senior year Georgia junior QB Aaron Murray announced he is returning for his senior season.
"Not ready to leave just yet," Murray tweeted. "Time to get back to work and help lead this team to a championship." We think this is the right call, since Murray does not have an all star game to attend in the hopes of separating himself form the crowd of top two-round quarterbacks.

wow...kinda surprised...the talk for weeks here is that he was definitely going pro

although some correctly pointed out that as bad as this QB class is, next years might even be weaker

Reaction score
Gil Brandt tweets the Travis Frederick, the Guard from Wisconsin I have mocked to us in rd2, is a first rounder.

I don't see how...

Guards don't fly off the board in round one, and Warmack, Cooper, and possibly Jones all go ahead of him.

Although I think Jones will be drafted because some teams see him as a tackle. This is where that feggit Matthews going back to A&M for his senior year screws us.

Reaction score
Warmack
Giovani Bernard
Chase Thomas
Chris Harper - WR - k. State
5. Devin Taylor - DE - sc
6. Chris longs brother - t - Oregon

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't think Te'o goes in the top 10.

And lol at Kiper for suggesting he could go #1 overall.

Top Bottom