Titanium

Spectator
Reaction score
Round 1 - Cordy Glenn: If it wasn't obvious to everyone last year that the Titans interior line was atrocious - they even got called out by Mike Munchak midseason - it should be obvious here that the pick had to be Glenn, the next best OG after DeCastro. Glenn is a mauler that should send Leroy Harris (that NC State piece of crap) flying back to the bench head first.

Round 2 - Trumaine Johnson: With the chances of Andre Johnson's biatch, Cortland Finnegan, re-signing dwindling by the minute, the Titans must fill the void either through the draft or via free agency. And as if I had guessed Stanford Routt wasn't gonna sign with us, next best step is to grab a true sleeper in Montana's Trumaine Johnson, who has great instincts and is quick to react off the snap. He will battle it out with 2-year vet Alterraun Verner for the starting LCB spot opposite future Pro Bowler Jason McCourty

Round 3 - Dwight Jones: As a UNC fan, I've followed Jones' path from Independence High School in Charlotte, NC all the way to Chapel Hill and now on the doorsteps of the NFL, and after watching many games over the years, I can safely say that Jones is an absolute steal in round 3. Jones possesses Cris Carter-type hands, and he's a solid route runner who I consider to be a poor man's Randy Moss. Not being a homer here, but Combines notwithstanding, watch for the former Tar Heel standout to make a mark early on in his NFL career. Kenny Britt is coming back from a serious knee injury, and there is no guarantee he will be 100% week one. Nate Washington filled in admirably as the primary receiver after #18 went down, but I want more than Lavelle Hawkins as my #2 WR should Britt need a little more time to find his wheels

Round 4 - Donte Paige-Moss: I couldn't resist grabbing the versatile former UNC OLB/DE here in the 4th round. Moss was a Butch Davis recruit, and he didn't handle the whole situation last year very well. He had grown very close and fond of coach Davis, and he never really recovered from the departure of his mentor. Add the fact that he had to learn from his 4th position coach in 4 years, it was a recipe for disaster. At this point, DPM is a project, but the Titans need athletes in their front 7, and versatile ones at that. DE Jason Jones might not be back, so filling that hole is a must. If you don't know or remember who Paige-Moss is, here's a hint: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CHwZWs4s7E

Reaction score
Cincinnati Bengals

I identified three huge areas of need on this roster.

1) CB. After Jonathan Joseph left, the secondary struggled, though the defense as a whole was a strong suit.
1A) RB. Cedric Benson dealt with injury/suspension issues for much of the year, and while Bernard Scott is a serviceable change-of-pace back, he can't carry the load.
2) OG. Both guard spots needed upgrading.

Round 1 - Trent Richardson, RB Alabama: As far as RBs go in this draft, I just felt like there was Trent Richardson and then everyone else. Having the luxury of two first round picks gave me the ammunition to make a move to get him and then fill the other two holes with guys with high upside. So I packaged the firsts with some other picks to go up to #5 and get him. The Bengals now have a very talented and young core of offensive skill players with Dalton, AJ Green, Richardson and Jermaine Gresham.

Round 2 - Amini Silatolu, G, Midwestern State: Having actually seen Midwestern State play in person these past couple of seasons, I can honestly say I never noticed this guy. Played left tackle for the Mustangs, and was the runner up for D II offensive lineman of the year. Projected to move inside to G where he could shoot up draft boards before April.

Round 3 - Josh Norman, CB, Coastal Carolina: Big, physical CB with great ball skills. Projects to be a better zone defender, so should fit in well with the Bengals' Cover 2. He had a great showing at the Shrine and Senior Bowls.

Only three picks after the trade, but I think we solidified our run game to help an improving Andy Dalton, and hopefully shored up our biggest hole on defense.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Cleveland Browns

Early on in the draft process we identified two players available this year that were franchise players. We knew there was a chance that one of them could slide to us at pick #4 but in the end, we couldn't risk another team jumping ahead of us. The first rounder we gave up to move up (we also received a fourth round pick) was a tricky situation for us. We didn't like the value there and in fact, the one player we would have taken there, was picked much earlier than expected.

First Round Pick - Robert Griffin III, QB, Baylor
We really felt like we hit a homerun here. The Browns already have great fans but now we've given them an elite, game-changing player, a face to the organization. We envision the 2012 Heisman winner will be the biggest Cleveland Brown since Jim Brown. His intelligence, athletic ability, and arm strength will help this team become a perrenial contender. With the defense-heavy AFC North, his mobility gives us an incredible advantage.

Second Round Pick - Mohamed Sanu, WR, Rutgers
We looked at moving up when the Wide Receivers were coming off the board but remained patient and got our guy here. Sanu is a versatile receiver that should be the number one target for Grifin for the forseeable future. We really liked his experience with the Wildcat and are very intrigued on what the offense can do with him and the equally versatile Josh Cribbs lining up at a variety of positions.

Third Round Pick - Jaron Housley, CB, Virginia Tech
Very tempted to address RB here but felt Housley was too good to pass on. He will be groomed to replace Sheldon Brown and contribute right away in Nickel packages. With Joe Haden entrenched at one corner spot, we feel we will have a very talented duo for a long time.

Fourth Round Pick - Mitchell Schwartz, T, Cal
Very surprised to see him available here. We love his versatilty and think he can compete for the starting Right Tackle job very soon.

Fourth Round Pick - Janzen Jackson, FS, McNeese State
Good risk, reward pick here. Was an All-SEC safety at Tennessee in 2010. Whatever concerns we had about his character were put to rest by his year at McNeese State, his father's alma mater, where he challenged himself by playing cornerback. We see him as a ballhawk Free Safety.

Forth Round Pick - Akeim Hicks, DT, Regina(Canada)
Another low risk, high-reward player. We liked that Hicks was one of the top Junior College players in the nation in 2008 and was signed at LSU. In fact, before the NCAA ruled him ineligible, he was ahead of Michael Brockers on the LSU depth chart. He was a man among boys in Canada and named to their All-Star team. At 6-5, 310 lbs, a huge wingspan, and very athletic, we think Hicks will be a match-up nightmare for offensive linemen. We like the idea of teaming him with 2011 first rounder Phil Taylor, anchoring our defensive line.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I wanted the grab Schwartz for the Saints, but they do a good job of churning out Olinemen. So I went elsewhere.

Reaction score
Time to grade each others draft.

Review this thread where the GM's outlined their train of thought. Here

Review this thread if you just want to see each GM's round by round selection: Here

Please PM me a grade for each individual's draft, on a scale of 1-10.

Also, cast your vote for the biggest steal of the draft, as well as the biggest reach in the draft.

Note, to keep grading fair, each GM's lowest grade received will be dropped. This will help prevent someones overall grade from suffering just because one poster doesn't like the other poster and gives them a "1".

Try to grade the draft itself fairly, even if it was an idiot like RoyTheHammer making the selections.

Edit: Deadline for submitting grades is Wednesday, 2/29, 5pm EST

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
I won't say who the winner is until I submit my grades, but I will say there were a few very good drafts.

Yes,sir.

This group is going to make grading tough.

~not commenting about asshats who didn't show up~

miked88

Spectator
Reaction score
Round 1: Vontaze Burfict, ILB, Arizona State- We said were going to do it at the end of the season and we kept our word. Now I'm not going to say this is the best ILB propect in years but certainly is one of the rawest. Hopefully Ray Lewis stays around long enough to mentor him. We do admit Burfict is, to say the least, aggressive; but we hope to harnest the aggression and turn him into a perennial Pro Bowler.
Round 2: Chris Polk, HB , Washington- With Ricky williams retiring its always good to have fresh legs ready in a tough and cold AFC North. Also with the extremely chance that we are unlikely to resign Ray Rice, Polk has the explosiveness to make an impact. Coming from a program that relied on him heavily it's shown he can take punishment and carry the load. Also think back when we had Willis
McGahee. We hopefully trying to re-establish the ground dominance.
Round 3: Brandon Brooks, G, Miami(Ohio)- I decided to go interior lineman here considering how old Matt Birk is and this pick will hopefully ease the transition process from a reliable starter on his way out.

Top Bottom