Status
Not open for further replies.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
broaddus reports on mack have been very good.

Need livings back next week.

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I'd sit romo, he's fragile and miles/dez are probably out anyway. Who cares about perception, keep him healthy

Perception of what?

Has nothing to do with anything. Dez and Miles don't need to play. We need to find out if any of these young WRs can play. Romo needs all the game reps he can get w these guys.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Perception of what?

Has nothing to do with anything. Dez and Miles don't need to play. We need to find out if any of these young WRs can play. Romo needs all the game reps he can get w these guys.

I agree, if the QB/C exchanges arnt issues. If they are going to continue to be a comedy of errors I'd sit him, and probably sit Orton too.

On another note, it sounds like the biggest issue with Arkin has been the shotgun snaps and if thats the case, thats something that with enough practice he can work through.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
I agree, if the QB/C exchanges arnt issues. If they are going to continue to be a comedy of errors I'd sit him, and probably sit Orton too.

On another note, it sounds like the biggest issue with Arkin has been the shotgun snaps and if thats the case, thats something that with enough practice he can work through.

lol

How much more would he need? He is pulling up early because his blocking sucks and he has to do that to get position. He's not used to having to do that since he played guard his entire career. So, you are saying that Jerry is correct and that we can count on Arkin because "that is what practice is for" can correct his horrific snapping?

Please say yes.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
A game thread that isn't locked until moments before kickoff? How refreshing.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
lol

How much more would he need? He is pulling up early because his blocking sucks and he has to do that to get position. He's not used to having to do that since he played guard his entire career. So, you are saying that Jerry is correct and that we can count on Arkin because "that is what practice is for" can correct his horrific snapping?

Please say yes.

Is that what somebody thats actually watched a pratice has said? Or is this something you're just pulling out of your ass? (as usual)

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
DCStarJEllis 14 players not traveling to Oaktown bc of injury. Questionables Dez, teddy, claiborne, Hamilton, costa, Spears, Loper, Bernadeau all going.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
BryanBroaddus David Arkin is working with the 1s at center, just a thought going into the game, OAK runs 4-3, will be uncovered at times which should help 5 hours ago · reply · retweet · favorite

BryanBroaddus My first quick note of the day, Bryant is practicing and when the first offense went to a three wide package, it was him, Beasley + Ogletree 5 hours ago · reply · retweet · favorite

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
It's shitty, but this may be a make-or-break preseason for Arkin. The coaches have already shown that they don't have much patience with Olinemen.

Reaction score
Interested to see how comfortable the defense looks this season. Like to see what Carr can do after hearing all the great reviews. The offense has me worried this year but i am hoping the defense can be the strength and not a liability this season

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I hope they light us up.

I want a pissed off bagged on team heading to new jersey on the fifth.

Reaction score
I hope they light us up.

I think when the Cowboys have done poor in the preseason, then tend to be poor in the regular season. The same problems tend to carry over. I don’t see how the secondary getting torched would be a good thing. I want to see the secondary look improved. I do know when the Cowboys look good in preseason they have looked good during the season.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I think when the Cowboys have done poor in the preseason, then tend to be poor in the regular season. The same problems tend to carry over. I don’t see how the secondary getting torched would be a good thing. I want to see the secondary look improved. I do know when the Cowboys look good in preseason they have looked good during the season.

I guess it depends on what you mean by "look good"

If you are talking about winning the preseason games, I dont agree. There's rarely any correlation between preseason W/L record and regular season W/L record, not just for us but for any team.

Reaction score
Perception of what?

Perception of being soft.

Looking at it practically. We got nothing to gain.

3 of his starting linemen are career backups(at best for Arkin)

Reaction score
I hope they light us up.

I don't have that in me .

It's hard enough in basketball where tanking is smart. And the games are lazy.

In a 4 second play I can't be rooting for Orton to throw a pick or church to get burned

Last edited:

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

in 07 we won our first two but then got worked by Houston and Minnesota.

Similar split in 09 when we won our only playoff game in forever.

Actually pretty much every year we've been half and half. Doesn't seem to relate to our regular season performance at all.

Reaction score
in 07 we won our first two but then got worked by Houston and Minnesota.

Similar split in 09 when we won our only playoff game in forever.

Actually pretty much every year we've been half and half. Doesn't seem to relate to our regular season performance at all.

I agree that winning and losing doesn’t mean much because many of those players involved in those games won’t be playing much in the regular season. I do think how the starters play can give you an idea into how they will play early in the season.

I think if the secondary starters get torched all through-out the preseason would not be a good thing. You want these guys to gain confidence and play well leading up to opening day.

Reaction score
‏@Gsensabaugh
First Pre-season game tonight.... We have to represent.... #cowboynation

Glad to know Sensy recognizes the importance of tonights game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom