Reaction score
The first second of game time Zeke misses due to this suspension should coincide with a civil suit against the NFL. If Zeke is innocent, and can prove it, this suspension will injure Elliott in both reputation and finances. If he proves that in court he can retire early on the massive judgment against the NFL.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
The first second of game time Zeke misses due to this suspension should coincide with a civil suit against the NFL. If Zeke is innocent, and can prove it, this suspension will injure Elliott in both reputation and finances. If he proves that in court he can retire early on the massive judgment against the NFL.

He really should do that anyways even if he gets another injunction tomorrow and ends up never having to be suspended. They have already done serious damage to his name.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Zeke out for 6 games

Federal judge reinstates Ezekiel Elliott suspension – ProFootballTalk

Federal judge reinstates Ezekiel Elliott suspension

The on-again, off-again, on-again, off-again Ezekiel Elliott suspension is . . . ON.

Judge Katherine Polk Failla has denied Elliott’s motion for preliminary injunction. It means that Elliott’s suspension is back on. For now.

Elliott’s camp will appeal. However, until he can get the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit to rule, he will miss time.

The Cowboys play the Chiefs at home on Sunday in Week Nine. Barring a successful appeal, Elliott will also miss games against the Falcons, Eagles, Chargers, Washington, and Giants.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I have completely given up on understanding this whole process. Learning Chinese would be easier to understand than this back and forth affair of will he or won't he play.

There's really nothing to understand. This was a clear case of corruption and extreme bias by the league office.

Zeke got fucked by Goodell, and in doing so Goodell fucked the Cowboys organization and the entire fan base over this garbage.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Hope he gets it.

If he is innocent (as the massive amount of evidence suggests) there is just no excuse for this. Goodell should have to personally write the check for 100 million or so to Zeke.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The husband of the judge that made this ruling last night apparently represents the NFL in CBA negotiations with the NFLPA.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hope he gets it.

If he is innocent (as the massive amount of evidence suggests) there is just no excuse for this. Goodell should have to personally write the check for 100 million or so to Zeke.

None of this will happen. What the courts are basically saying is that the NFL is playing by the rules both parties agreed to in the CBA. I can absolutely see a strike looming when this agreement expires.

The bad part is that Zeke will get suspended 6 games and there's still no evidence the NFL produced that he committed the offense. Basically, a woman can make an accusation and if she has a bruise on her arm, you're fucked, regardless if her credibility has been called into question.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
On the flip side to all this, we'll see if Dak is capable of carrying this team without Zeke.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The bad part is that Zeke will get suspended 6 games and there's still no evidence the NFL produced that he committed the offense. Basically, a woman can make an accusation and if she has a bruise on her arm, you're fucked, regardless if her credibility has been called into question.

The worst part of this is unless he ever wins a reversal, the league put language in this ruling to suspend him now that his next offence will result in permanent ban from the NFL.

So some kunt can roll in there, pull the same stunt this other slut did and get Zeke banned for life regardless of whether there is any evidence or proof.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Basically, a woman can make an accusation and if she has a bruise on her arm, you're fucked, regardless if her credibility has been called into question.

Yeah its now open season on NFL players in general. Any gold digging whore can now blackmail the shit out of players and know the player has absolutely no choice but to pay, or suffer career ruining rulings by the dumbass league office.

While the vast majority of women would never do this sort of thing, there are enough of them out there that clearly would. Goodell just rubber stamped this 100%.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
On the flip side to all this, we'll see if Dak is capable of carrying this team without Zeke.

Yeah he is going to be severely tested. Losing Bailey at this same time is a real killer now too.

The defense has to be better. Somehow they need to manage 3-3 at a minimum I think to have any realistic shot at the playoffs.

The worst part of this is Garrett now has another excuse to keep his job. No way Jones fires him now, even if they went 0-9 the rest of the way.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The worst part of this is unless he ever wins a reversal, the league put language in this ruling to suspend him now that his next offence will result in permanent ban from the NFL.

So some kunt can roll in there, pull the same stunt this other slut did and get Zeke banned for life regardless of whether there is any evidence or proof.

You're right. Zeke has no choice but to fight this. Having said that, it may face him to make better decisions. These floozies are out there waiting to cash a paycheck from every millionaire with a penis.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The defense has to be better. Somehow they need to manage 3-3 at a minimum I think to have any realistic shot at the playoffs.

The worst part of this is Garrett now has another excuse to keep his job. No way Jones fires him now, even if they went 0-9 the rest of the way.

3 and 3 won't get it done. The season is on the brink now. 5 and 1 or 4 and 2 will keep us in the hunt for a wild card. Garrett is safe, as usual. Being in the hunt will keep the stands full and money coming in. It'll allow the homers to believe we were close and could have pulled it off had Zeke not been suspended. It's an endless cycle but folks are entertained in this soap opera.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
3 and 3 won't get it done. The season is on the brink now. 5 and 1 or 4 and 2 will keep us in the hunt for a wild card. .

3-3 would get us to 7-6 when Zeke returns. The last 3 games are against Oakland (surprisingly bad team), Seattle at home and then at Philly. Seattle is not what they used to be and Philly may have nothing to play for the final game of the season and choose to rest guys. if we sweep the last 3, we'd then be 10-6 and I think that gets them in.

That said, I think its highly doubtful this happens. I strongly suspect the team's morale will be ruined over last nights news and we're probably set up for extreme failure now because of that and combined with Garrett's lousy coaching/motivational skill and the schedule we have upcoming.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
3-3 would get us to 7-6 when Zeke returns. The last 3 games are against Oakland (surprisingly bad team), Seattle at home and then at Philly. Seattle is not what they used to be and Philly may have nothing to play for the final game of the season and choose to rest guys. if we sweep the last 3, we'd then be 10-6 and I think that gets them in.

That said, I think its highly doubtful this happens. I strongly suspect the team's morale will be ruined over last nights news and we're probably set up for extreme failure now because of that and combined with Garrett's lousy coaching/motivational skill and the schedule we have upcoming.

We're 4 and 3 with Zeke. What makes you think we'll sweep 3 games when he gets back, two against quality opponents? This team needs Dak to step up and carry it. The season shouldn't hang on a RB. It should hang on the QB.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
We're 4 and 3 with Zeke. What makes you think we'll sweep 3 games when he gets back, two against quality opponents? This team needs Dak to step up and carry it. The season shouldn't hang on a RB. It should hang on the QB.

Yep. It *does* hang on the QB. If we lost Dak, we'd really be screwed.

Look, I don't think Zeke should be suspended because I don't think the NFL has enough proof that the incident really happened. But I also don't think this suspension is a license to collapse. People should look at this like an injury. Imagine Zeke has a high ankle sprain that puts him out six weeks. Would we automatically go in the tank? I hope not, because at some point players do get hurt. Especially RBs with big workloads like Zeke gets.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
But I also don't think this suspension is a license to collapse. People should look at this like an injury. Imagine Zeke has a high ankle sprain that puts him out six weeks. Would we automatically go in the tank? I hope not, because at some point players do get hurt. Especially RBs with big workloads like Zeke gets.

I'm with you, but I could see many of the players feeling like the league office is screwing them over (which is the case). They know Zeke shouldn't be suspended. Psychologically its a little different than knowing a guy simply got hurt, especially since our HC shows no ability to really motivate or keep the focus of the team "right". If Jimmy Johnson or a Bill Belichick were the HC, that would probably be different, but Garrett aint them.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Like I said, its probably unlikely but it is possible.

None of those last 3 teams are unbeatable.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Agree on Garrett, of course. But if the players really feel like they're being screwed somehow, they're a bunch of mental midgets who should turn in their uniforms immediately. They've known Zeke could be suspended at any time for the last two months. They should be prepared for this.

That's also why I detest Steven's attitude after 2015 that oh well, we were missing players so there was nothing we could have done, it's not our fault. Because then the players get the message that if players go out, you have your excuse to lose.

Top Bottom